Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2020, 10:04 AM   #15

See, guys like you make me feel more comfortable. I don't think I would avoid a rig that had this type of furnace, and since I am looking at Intrigues I may not have a choice anyway. I'm not mechanic, but I'm pretty handy around the house and have done all the work on my current rig, with the help of this forum of course.

Don, thanks for the link. Knowing is half the battle as they say so I'll give them a watch and see if I can't learn a little something. Going in with a little knowledge is always nice. I appreciate the resource.
1998 Country Coach Intrigue 40' Grandview #10678
Moho_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2020, 11:04 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Just so you know, the Hurricane heater was a $5K option back in '02. Otherwise you got the propane fired heater
Old 08-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #17

Thank you for the video. I will utilize this to troubleshoot my furnace.
I didn't mean to imply the furnaces were not good, just that I have had an issue with mine. They have several pros, good heat, uses the fuel in tank, don't have to worry about propane and I love the fact we can travel down the road and this system keeps us warm, including having hot water whenever needed.
These are great coaches and with staying on top of maintenance, should last for a very long time.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:13 AM   #18

Grandad5, I think you are missing something here. The Hurricane furnaces installed in our vintage coaches do not heat water, they only heat the coach. The reason you have hot water when you get to where you are going is that the actual water heater has what in known as Motror Aid. There is a coolant line that runs engine coolant up to the water heater thru a pipe welded on the back of the tank and heats the water tank.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #19

Yes thank you.
I realized once I had sent my response that I was wrong in stating that. But it is very nice to have.
I haven't figured out how to edit a post I make.
Again, thanks for the clarification.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:39 PM   #20
Community Moderator

Grandad5 - A post is allowed to be edited by its owner within an hour of posting. Beyond that you may click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page to request an edit. Normally a moderator can help you either make a simple change on your behalf, or open it up for a short window allowing the owner to change.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Grandad5 - A post is allowed to be edited by its owner within an hour of posting. Beyond that you may click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page to request an edit. Normally a moderator can help you either make a simple change on your behalf, or open it up for a short window allowing the owner to change.
Okay, thanks again. I try not to post too much as I am still in the learning curve of mine. But still, great coaches.

Apologize Moho_Driver for getting us off track.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:00 AM   #22

When I was in the aircraft business we had a motto, “you can’t buy junk cheap enough”.
Based on just what I see in the few pictures I would say that RV is going to need a lot of work. Looks like it was lived in. Ask them to FaceTime you and give you a live walk through. Look at everything: interior, exterior, baggage compartments, engine, generator, roof. Have them scan and email you a copy of the receipts for the work that has supposedly been done on the RV. What must people think is a “service” is nothing more than changing the oil, which to me is a very small portion of a real service. I would take all the money you would have to put in that thing and find a better unit.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:29 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad5 View Post
Okay, thanks again. I try not to post too much as I am still in the learning curve of mine. But still, great coaches.

Apologize Moho_Driver for getting us off track.

No worries! [emoji1360]
Old 08-12-2020, 12:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
When I was in the aircraft business we had a motto, “you can’t buy junk cheap enough”.

Based on just what I see in the few pictures I would say that RV is going to need a lot of work. Looks like it was lived in. Ask them to FaceTime you and give you a live walk through. Look at everything: interior, exterior, baggage compartments, engine, generator, roof. Have them scan and email you a copy of the receipts for the work that has supposedly been done on the RV. What must people think is a “service” is nothing more than changing the oil, which to me is a very small portion of a real service. I would take all the money you would have to put in that thing and find a better unit.

I agree. It sounds like they lived in it for a short time before leaving the country. I was able to contact the shop where the work was done and gave the VIN. They verified all the work that had been done in 2018 and 2019. The broker was no help with info and couldn’t get ahold of the seller. They kept sending suggestions for other rigs I had no interest in. I decided to pass, mostly because of the broker as the shop gave extremely detailed info of the work done and sounds like no expense was spared. Always a chance for a dud, but seemed like a solid unit based on the very limited info. I have a lead on a 40’ 98 Intrigue in MO that is in great shape and has several upgrades and all records. It has the 350hp 8.3 and has had the same owner since 2000. Very well cared for and stored inside. I’m flying out next week and couldn’t be more excited. 🤞🏼
Old 08-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #25

Good call on passing on that one. I would NEVER purchase a rig sight unseen, period. My husband is a mechanic & I'm a researcher & detail freak so we really trust our own skills & instincts on all things vehicular, lol. We have shopped for extensive periods for 2 of the 3 motorhomes we've had (not to mention bought and sold countless used cars, motorcycles, boats, etc), and I can tell you that there were more than a few that looked excellent in photos and on paper and were not well maintained/had issues/the feng shui was off once we saw them, felt them, smelled them, drove them.

Funny you were avoiding the hydronic heat when shopping. I was the opposite - it was high on my list of requirements. While it does mean miles of coolant circulating through the coach, we have been really pleased with it so far (our coach has the older Webasto system).

Enjoy the hunt! The right coach will come your way
2000 Country Coach Magna 36' #5752
past: '98 Safari Trek 2480, '91 Fleetwood Flair 22
srogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:05 AM   #26

Excel Owners Club
Well I just found this thread the day We are sending off the deposit on this unit. I am going to look it over very good . I got the care giver to ad pictures of the couch on passenger side but also wish there were pictures of curb side of coach. Wish us luck
Old 08-21-2020, 04:18 AM   #27

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moho_Driver View Post
I agree. It sounds like they lived in it for a short time before leaving the country. I was able to contact the shop where the work was done and gave the VIN. They verified all the work that had been done in 2018 and 2019. The broker was no help with info and couldn’t get ahold of the seller. They kept sending suggestions for other rigs I had no interest in. I decided to pass, mostly because of the broker as the shop gave extremely detailed info of the work done and sounds like no expense was spared. Always a chance for a dud, but seemed like a solid unit based on the very limited info. I have a lead on a 40’ 98 Intrigue in MO that is in great shape and has several upgrades and all records. It has the 350hp 8.3 and has had the same owner since 2000. Very well cared for and stored inside. I’m flying out next week and couldn’t be more excited. 🤞🏼
Can you message me I would like the info u got about repairs please I going down next week to look at it and maybe drive it home
Steve,N,Jan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
country coach