Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2021, 06:41 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
2001 Magna Indulgence Anti Siphoning Valve Location

As a continuation to an earlier thread and narrowing it down to a specific question. Does anyone know the location of the black tank flush anti siphoning valve on a 2001 Magna Indulgence? I've checked under the bathroom sink, the bathroom wiring channel and cannot locate it...
2001 Country Coach Magna #5954
Cat C10 Allison Transmission and Hurricane Heat
JRadtheNoMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2021, 07:01 PM   #2

On my 2000 Magna I located it by looking at the plumbing schematic and measuring from the hose connection on the outside of the coach. So I measured up then toward the front of the coach and so on. That gave me an approximation where it should be inside the coach. I then went inside and guessed a bit and came to the conclusion it was behind the closet opposite my bathroom sink. In my case I had 2 lower drawers below a closet and I removed the drawers and saw two pex tubes running side by side upward. I then removed the back wall of the closer and viola!

I replaced mine with a Valterra A10-3050 Check Valve/Vacuum Breaker. It is easy to do if the connections are the same.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:24 AM   #3

In my 02 Magna it turned out to be in the compartment behind the sink in the bathroom with the toilet. In my coach there was the water heater and a linen closet there. I think it was in with the water heater. I removed it and threw it away.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #4

What are the symptoms if the anti-siphon valve malfunctions?
stonegully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonegully View Post
What are the symptoms if the anti-siphon valve malfunctions?
These anti siphon valves are pretty cheap and known to fail often. The symptoms are mostly breakage and flooding or blockage. Some people replace them with a quality brass one or just delete it and use a check valve at the hose connection.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #6

Thank you Pete. Another winning answer. I have looked in many places but never in that closet. Thank you.
2000 CC Magna #5840 2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Air Force One braking
Griffin379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:59 PM   #7

Symptoms of failure for these valves is usually one of two problems.

One, the valve doesn't close after you've flushed your tank and black tank odors get into the coach. That's what happened to me. I chased the odor for about two years before I realized that valve was installed.

The second way it can fail is it does not seal when flushing and water flows into the coach. I saw this happen to a friends coach.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by phays View Post
Symptoms of failure for these valves is usually one of two problems.

One, the valve doesn't close after you've flushed your tank and black tank odors get into the coach. That's what happened to me. I chased the odor for about two years before I realized that valve was installed.

The second way it can fail is it does not seal when flushing and water flows into the coach. I saw this happen to a friends coach.
A third way that they fail, is to not allow flowing to the actual flush valve within the tank. If you can get access to the, often times people have had luck cleaning the Anti Siphon Valve with White Vinegar and or CLR, and get them to function again. But if they're in a tough location, and stop working, I'd go the higher quality metal Anti-Siphon Valve, to hopefully make a onetime repair!

Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:24 AM   #9

Just to follow up, I did locate the vacuum check valve, behind the false backboard in the hallway closet. Problem solved and thanks to all for the valuable information.
2001 Country Coach Magna #5954
Cat C10 Allison Transmission and Hurricane Heat
JRadtheNoMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, valve