Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
2002 Country Coach ride height adjustment

Can anyone tell me how to do a ride height adjustment procedure? My driver side rear tire is 2 inches higher than the passenger side rear tire. I brought it to a service center and they tried adjusting it and after I got it home it still looked out of adjustment. I think I might just get under the coach and perform it myself if it's an easy task.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	286467  
Marcottej1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2020, 11:14 AM   #2

I don't know how to attach a document. But, IM me and I will email it to you. I just went through this. I replace the three valves and fixed a bunch of leaks. The coach measured 2" shorter on the DS. With the coach on a rack, you could clearly see a twist in the fame. With minor adjustments the coach rides flat. The document I will send shows that you measure at the frame.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:00 PM   #3

PROCEDURE: Follow procedure Country Coach MPGENERAL82004 Ride Height Adjustment procedure when setting ride height.

INDEX: Ridewell IFS 284 Suspensions Holland/Neway IFS-114-CC Independent Front Suspension Tuthill IFS1260 Front Suspension Tuthill IFS 1660S-SB Independent Front Suspension Liquid Spring IS200C IFS Neway AD-200 Drive Axle Suspensions Neway ADL-120 & ADL-123 Drive Axle Suspensions Tuthill RD2300 Rear Suspension Ridewell 227 Series Drive Axle Suspensions Ridewell 246 Series Two Air Spring - Drive/Tag Axle Suspensions Ridewell 246 Series Four Air Spring - Drive/Tag Axle Suspensions Ridewell 246 Series Four Air Spring - Drive/Steerable Tag Axle Suspensions

Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7 Page 8 Page 9 Page 10 Page 11 Page 12 Page 13
Old 05-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #4

Jubilee 45 - my email is -----> quaimage@together.net
Old 05-23-2020, 12:26 AM   #5

The front is most important as it should be within 1/16 of each side. This is for proper handling, steering, and sway control.
The rear may be out some to achieve this but 2” seems excessive. Measure your front shocks bolts to determine what adjustments are needed in the rear.
Your coach has 2 valves in the rear, and only one in the front. Rear valves controls side to side balance for both the front and rear.
The one valve in front keeps the coach level front to back.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #6

Does the coach have to be running to make the rear adjustments?
Old 05-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #7

I went through all of this and replaced all three valves together, that is what is recommended.

When working under the coach drive up on 6x6 wooden blocks. This will give you clearance in case the coach drops air in the suspension. If it drops on plain ground it could crush you. Jack stands aren't strong enough as these coaches are heavy. Use proper safety measures please. I have to say that.

I am enclosing the guide I found online and I have used it to replace my valves and set correct ride height. I also had a tech align coach and check my work and sent them this info. Hope I can attach it correctly.

Be safe and good luck, it's not rocket science but a PIA.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RideHeight.pdf (2.83 MB, 233 views)
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #8

FUnjnt: Very helpful thanks for posting the pdf. I've seen this information previously but lost track of it. My rear ride height valves have a tendency to slip over time causing the ride height to increase. Easy to adjust but couldn't remember what height to adjust them to. I have the Ridewell 227 Rear.
Fred
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:37 AM   #9

2002 Country Coach ride height adjustment

Deleted - thought we were talking about front. Oops.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
country coach, ride height