Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2021, 11:45 PM   #1

2006 Magna 630 HWH Issues

I'm hoping that some other owners can make some suggestions here. My wife and I just purchased the coach a few weeks ago, and this is our first foray into owning such a complex RV.

There are a couple of issues my coach is having, the first is that in order to open or close the bedroom slides, I have to hit the HWH Reset button in the panel behind the driver seat. This is because when I turn the key on in the rear panel, the light does not come on. I end up having to hit the reset once or twice, and then the rear slide light will come on, allowing me to extend or retract the slides.

I'm concerned that we could end up stranded somewhere without the ability to close the slides or be able to extend them when we want to use the coach.

The second issue is that it seems as though the leveling control isn't working as expected. The last couple of times I tried to level the coach on a fairly even place, it tried for quite a while, and then gave up saying that the incline was too much to level it. Very strange...is there a way to recalibrate the level control?

We live in the Central Valley of California, does anyone know of a garage that has experience in the HWH systems in Country Coaches in CA? I"ve thought about taking it to Premier or Oregon Motor Coach for service, but that is 9 hours away...

Thoughts?
Stu Gilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2021, 07:27 AM   #2

I have seen good words for Colton Trucks, Riverside CA. Also there is a place in Temecula, CA call first. There is a gentleman on here AZPete.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #3

I too would reach out to AZ Pete... I will share that going from our 40' Allure to the 45' Magna - the longer wheel base of the Magna will not always level in places that the Allure has leveled in before.... I use the orange level blocks under the appropriate wheel(s) as needed, and usually am able to make things work.

(That is one of the reasons when I can not get a visual picture of a site (Like on some National and State Parks, where you can click on the site and see a picture. And or drill down with Google Earth, etc.), I call and ask if the site(s) that I have narrowed down to are relatively level. A good example of where this is important, is Deadhorse State Park in AZ, many of the sites are more then long enough, but with pronounce slants that would work for a Fiver or Trailer, but even with blocks would not allow our coach to level.) (Just info sharing on that!)

Best of luck with the new coach, and if AZ Pete feel you should visit a shop - Colton Truck has been excellent for us on the chassis related items. (Might be worth asking them how much the work with HWH Slide issues. I know they can help on leveling if needed, as they have the chassis expertise for sure!).

The shop in Temecula I know, is actually in Menifee, and is called Temecula Valley RV. They did good work for me on some big items, including solar and inverter upgrades on our Allure. This was back in 2012 - 2014 timeframe. Due to our current travel cycles, we're using Premier RV Services at this time - and will continue to do so!

Enjoy the new ride,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:16 AM   #4

If you are close to Modesto, you might try Mello Trucking. They seem to know what they are doing and they service all types of Diesel pushers, Large trucks and buses. Also, they are family owned & operated and you can actually talk to the owner.
Hmbrewr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:25 PM   #5

There is a procedure to reset the levelling box...It involves a level, manual adjustment, and a few other things...Takes about 20 minutes. I believe you can search on here and find it..and it's in the HWH troubleshooting manual as well

As far as you having to reset the HWH system everytime try looking at the fuses for the HWH system. I believe there are a few in the run box and then one in the hallway box. Our 2005 Magna 630 started acting funny after we sat for over a month with a similar reset issue/HWH keypad erratic behavior and I replaced the 7.5 fuse in the hallway as well as reseating all the blade fuses in the coach and it's been fine since.

In fact I've found our coach is very sensitive to electrical funniness.

As Smitty said these long coaches don't level anywhere near as easily as a shorter unit in less than ideal spaces. I've had both good and bad luck. You may try filling all of the bags, then dumping, then levelling.

I like the orange block idea but would be concerned a coach of this weight will auger those into softer ground. I will be buying some crane/tow truck/firetruck foot stabilizing pads...

You should not get stranded with the rooms out. If you have a problem after diagnosing the above you can try placing the coach into Travel Mode, pulling in (or out) the slides and relevelling the coach.

As far as shops in CenCali I have no idea.

Let us know what worked..

Good luck

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:45 PM   #6

I have had San Diego RV Center in El Cajon CA do several repairs on my HWH system. I have been satisfied with the results. You might also consider giving HWH a call in Moscow IA. I have been to their place in Moscow and they did good fast work for me at a reasonable price.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:00 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Aligning an HWH Level Sensor:
Start the engine and pump up the air system. Place the HWH Level system in manual by depressing the Air button once and use the arrows on the drivers control panel and a good bubble level to get the coach level both fore and aft and left to right. There are also several smart phone apps to check level. Make sure you use 2-3 different places on the coach floor to check level. Then look at the HWH Drivers control panel. There are 4 yellow LEDs, one on each side of the bus depiction and one front and one rear. If the yellow light is on, the HWH system thinks that side is Low. These lights are repeated inside the basement leveling control box, but in my installation you cannot see them because they are up against the ceiling behind a circuit board. Now you have go back and forth from the basement to the drivers panel adjusting the leveling senor to get all the yellow lights out. The ¼” hex screw adjusts Fore and Aft and the ½” plastic Hex adjusts Left and Right. (The screw also has a Phillips slot in the center, but I like to use a ¼” box end wrench for finer adjustment.)

This procedure is covered in detail in the HWH 2000 series instructions on page 7.
Quote from the manual: The sensing unit has an accuracy tolerance of ± 5.4 inches front to rear and ± 1 inch side to side on a 36 foot vehicle. Typical leveling results will be better.

My technique for getting the leveling sensor alignment near perfect: Place a small mark at the bottom of the ¼” hex head Phillips screw with a Sharpie. Have a partner sit in the driver’s seat monitoring the four yellow Level lights (they should be out). Adjust the ¼” hex screw one direction until the yellow light just flickers on. Mark a spot on the black plastic base in line with your dot on the screw. Now turn the screw in the opposite direction until that yellow light goes out and the opposite yellow light just flickers on. Mark that spot on the base. Now you have an arc between the two dots. Center the screw mark in the middle of the two dots. Now you have found dead center for the front-rear leveling sensor. Do the same with the ½” plastic hex and set dead center for Left-Right. You may have to repeat this in a week or two after the system has settled in.

HWH is a great company that actually repairs what they sell and also offers technical help. If you want to send them a part for repair, call first and get an RMA number. They are fast in returning parts and their charges are very fair.
I need to thank K7JV, Paul at AZPete, and Joe Portelli for all the help in finally getting my system back up.
Hope this helps others
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #8

Because you're mention leveling and slides at the same time I'm compelled to mention that while the HWH leveling is active you cannot move the slides at the same time. If leveling is active then pressing the reset switch stops the leveling process and then you can move your slides. At least that's how my coach works. With a 45' coach you can never have enough leveling blocks. I carry 8 of these but sometimes need more. They're not inexpensive but they're not cheap. I've never broken one. https://www.thervgeeks.com/the-best-rv-leveling-blocks/
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 04:16 PM   #9

We once owned a 36' 2003 Allure dual slide (30856) and had the same problem. As advised by HWH, we checked for a mud dobber nest blockage of one of the air vents for the leveling system. Sure enough I found a mud dobber nest blocking one of the air vents on an HWH part (?) under the front end of the coach. Once I cleared the nest and cleared the vent hole with a piece of wire, the HWH leveling system worked as advertised. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the part, but maybe HWH will be familiar with this issue. Or maybe you can spot a nest under the the coach that needs to cleared. Good luck! Larry, 2014 WB Reyo P.
ldfeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Aligning an HWH Level Sensor:
Start the engine and pump up the air system. Place the HWH Level system in manual by depressing the Air button once and use the arrows on the drivers control panel and a good bubble level to get the coach level both fore and aft and left to right. There are also several smart phone apps to check level. Make sure you use 2-3 different places on the coach floor to check level. Then look at the HWH Drivers control panel. There are 4 yellow LEDs, one on each side of the bus depiction and one front and one rear. If the yellow light is on, the HWH system thinks that side is Low. These lights are repeated inside the basement leveling control box, but in my installation you cannot see them because they are up against the ceiling behind a circuit board. Now you have go back and forth from the basement to the drivers panel adjusting the leveling senor to get all the yellow lights out. The ¼” hex screw adjusts Fore and Aft and the ½” plastic Hex adjusts Left and Right. (The screw also has a Phillips slot in the center, but I like to use a ¼” box end wrench for finer adjustment.)

This procedure is covered in detail in the HWH 2000 series instructions on page 7.
Quote from the manual: The sensing unit has an accuracy tolerance of ± 5.4 inches front to rear and ± 1 inch side to side on a 36 foot vehicle. Typical leveling results will be better.

My technique for getting the leveling sensor alignment near perfect: Place a small mark at the bottom of the ¼” hex head Phillips screw with a Sharpie. Have a partner sit in the driver’s seat monitoring the four yellow Level lights (they should be out). Adjust the ¼” hex screw one direction until the yellow light just flickers on. Mark a spot on the black plastic base in line with your dot on the screw. Now turn the screw in the opposite direction until that yellow light goes out and the opposite yellow light just flickers on. Mark that spot on the base. Now you have an arc between the two dots. Center the screw mark in the middle of the two dots. Now you have found dead center for the front-rear leveling sensor. Do the same with the ½” plastic hex and set dead center for Left-Right. You may have to repeat this in a week or two after the system has settled in.

HWH is a great company that actually repairs what they sell and also offers technical help. If you want to send them a part for repair, call first and get an RMA number. They are fast in returning parts and their charges are very fair.
I need to thank K7JV, Paul at AZPete, and Joe Portelli for all the help in finally getting my system back up.
Hope this helps others
This is the process above to which I was referring...Thanks for posting...

HWH is indeed a good company. When we ordered a dozen 6 pack solenoids...they were out of stock and HWH refused to charge us until they were. 1 day later they charged and 3 days after that they delivered....If we ever get to Moscow IA we will stop in

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh