Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #1

2007 37' Allure with a Tag Advice

Looking at a 2007 Allure 470 37' with tag axel. Any input would be greatly appreciated. How it rides? What to look out for etc. Any insight on the good and the bad.
rtdavew is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdavew View Post
Looking at a 2007 Allure 470 37' with tag axel. Any input would be greatly appreciated. How it rides? What to look out for etc. Any insight on the good and the bad.
With a tag you will have a better ride but less storage space. Look at the tires for a date code, if they came with the coach should be around 2006 so they need to be changed. See if it has a wet PTO, installed a must. Check the radiator if it has been changed. Does it still have the Not-So-Cold something to think about changing to a RR frig. How do the windows look, any fogged. Check for water leaks in all slides, been there done that.
I like the size EZer to get into some parks.
Keep us posted
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:33 PM   #3

I agree with the previous posts! Check now so you can negotiate pricing. If the coach has been sitting for a couple of years you will need a complete service - oil, antifreeze, filters (oil and diesel), chassis, service the generator etc. Best know first or save at least $1,000 to get all of that done before you head out. Check with Country Coach International for good service in your area - I think there are a couple. Also, If it is a Cummins engine sign up for the Cummins Power Club. For $20 you will save way more than that the first time you service.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:14 AM   #4

Thanks for the feedback Wet PTO done, Does have the aluminum radiator no issues to date but that will figure into price. Oddly my biggest concern is it has very low miles so not sure all/any bugs are sorted.
rtdavew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:58 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdavew View Post
Thanks for the feedback Wet PTO done, Does have the aluminum radiator no issues to date but that will figure into price. Oddly my biggest concern is it has very low miles so not sure all/any bugs are sorted.
The radiator may or may not be an issue since it was not so much that the core is aluminum, it is how the core was attached to the tanks that caused the issues in the problem radiators. I was told by CC that they switched to the improved design in mid 2007 so it will depend on when the coach was built. You can call CC with the coach serial # and they can tell you which radiator it has.

As noted, check the sealant on the tops of the slide rooms and the metal angle pieces at the top and bottom of the ends of the slide rooms. If the pieces are loose, they will need to be removed, re-sealed and reattached. I had several that I had to repair.

A 37' with tag should handle well but basement storage may be an issue. I love the tag on my coach but it seems over kill on anything under 40'.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #6

I have a 37 foot 2005 and love the tag. I pull my Jeep and don't feel it back there also when I go by trucks I don't move and the ride is great. Yes more tires to buy and less storage space but I can pull one large traler if I need to with all my toys in it.

Some time low hours means snow birds try to get some history on the unit.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #7

37 ft 07 Allure 470 with tag

We have had our Allure 470 for 6 months now. It had low miles (12800 miles) when we purchased it. Our coach was built in December 2006. It had the wet PTO conversion. Haven't checked for the aluminum radiator yet. Replaced the front tires last year after we purchased it. The rear 6 tires are still original Goodyears with a manufactured date of 3406. Will change them in the next 60 days with Michelins. The wife and I love this coach. Found out it had been garaged for most of its life. I would say don't be afraid of it. Country Coach is a solidly built RV. We are on the way home from a 2 week trip to Tucson AZ. Did replace the front shocks (Koni's) and the motosat dish that didn't work with a traveler dish. No major problems yet.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice