Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #1

2007 Country Coach Allure Siskiyou 470 summit

My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a 2007 COUNTRY COACH ALLURE SISKIYOU 470 SUMMIT with 89k miles and are concerned about excessive mileage.....sales rep says this coach has all service records and was very well maintained.....are we crazy in purchasing such a coach with this excessive mileage for a hefty price?.......sales rep states this coach will last a good 100k plus in mileage because IT WAS MAINTAINED WELL......coach is in great shape except for some little nicks here and there as well as diamond shield in front needs repair due to age and is cracking.....overall it's A BEAUTY......just would like some sort of feedback because anxious to get it.....but WORRIED SICK ABOUT MILEAGE AND REPAIR BILLS......thank you for reading....GOD BLESS
rbf1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2019, 06:39 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have you looked through the maintenance records and, if so, were there any repairs made during the past 12 years and 89,000 miles?
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #3

We really have not gone through any records yet because it is early process of purchasing.....I should ask sales rep if he can run thru them and see if any major repairs have been done....when we looked at it for the first time last week.....there was a big box full of maintenance records......so this means ....I believe regular service as well as repairs......appreciate your input......I'm just a little nervous with mileage.......and lasting.....11k more and we hit 100k.....GOD BLESS
Old 09-29-2019, 08:36 PM   #4

I bought a 2005 magna with 112 k miles on it. That was a year ago. I’ve done major services, new batteries, a whole host of minor issues and now I’m doing shocks and airbags. All priced in at time of purchase. So be afraid , no but factor in these items because they will need to be done if they haven’t already.

The people that buy my coach will be ahead of the game because of my efforts and bringing all services up to date
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #5

And I suggest you go through the records. Not rely on salesman
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:41 PM   #6

The mileage is not excessive for the age of the coach.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:48 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
I have a coach with similar drive train. I am currently at 73k miles and expect another 70-80k before I even adjust valves. 89k is not a lot on these frames, drive trains.

Review of the regular maintenance records is required before purchase.

As mentioned there are wear parts that will require replacement if not already done. Water pump, belt tensioner, belts, coolant flush, some coolant lines (vent lines), thermostat, pressure cap. Other items are wet PTO conversion, tires, shocks, aqua hot maintenance for a few. Just brain dumping of things I’ve done over the last few years.

Hope this helps.
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:51 PM   #8

89,000 miles on a diesel motor is a non issue. A diesel motor that is maintained appropriately will run several hundred thousand miles. If you have a history of routine maintenance, you are fine. If you want to be more cautious, send an engine oil, transmission oil and coolant sample to a lab. They will let you know if there are identifiable concerns for the motor.
Hoosier14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:03 PM   #9

The salesman is an idiot. Telling you the motor will 100K miles+ when it isn't even really broken in yet at 89K is totally absurd. That motor will easily go 300K with normal maintenance.

The '07 was probably built in early to mid '06. CC was getting new year models out to try and save the company
Old 09-29-2019, 10:52 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I would not worry about 89k miles on a diesel coach.
Be careful with tires. They rarely wear out, but age out at 7 years. They can be $3-5k to replace. Batteries and water damage can also be expensive.
Have it inspected by an independent professional. Be prepared to spend $10-20k on updates/repairs.

I would worry about pricing. Many of these dealers are pricing these older Country Coaches way over market value waiting for the uneducated buyer.
Do your homework!
NADA: https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs

Also do searches (nationwide) on RVT.com and RVTrader.com for the same model, plus or minus 1 year. Then rank order by price, lowest first.

Country Coach made a great coach and it will last many years with proper maintenance. You would be hard pressed to find a 2019 model coach made as well.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:47 AM   #11

Thank ya all for all your expertise and personal feedback....this DID definitely help with the decision......appreciate it deeply......GOD BLESS
Old 09-30-2019, 05:53 AM   #12

I have done the homework pretty much on this coach by going to NADA as well as pricing other ones on RVT...RVTrader and it is below market value on the dealers pricing......what's cool about this coach is..... I can tell the party who had this also installed solar panels on the roof....so I pretty much know they maintained it well......just scared that it will nickel and dime me to death before I can enjoy taking itnout for a long trip.....I purchased a BMW Z3 ladt year that before I even drove it to enjoy.....cost me 11k .....ending up selling it to just get out of it .......again appreciate your input.....meant a lot......GOD BLESS
Old 09-30-2019, 06:07 AM   #13

I will say....I'm in Tx the Austin area....this dealership....NATIONAL INDOOR out in the Dallas area are AMAZING....they are going out of there way to go through this coach to make sure everything is in operation and pass inspection.....but I am going to go through records to see what was done.. .GOD BLESS
Old 10-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
I owned the same coach from 2103 thru 2018. It was a solid coach and when we traded it, it had 75,000 miles on it. 89,000 miles is nothing to worry about on the drive train if it has been maintained properly. Just remember that the coach is nearly 13 years old and things like AC units, Aqua Hot, rubber items, and other wear items will be wearing out. We enjoyed the time we had with our Allure but be prepared to do a lot of fixing and maintenance. This is true of any coach.