Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #1

2007 Country Coach Inspire 40' Genoa from Lazy Days

I made the mistake today of stopping by Lazy Days and looking at their second hand coaches. I currently have a 2002 Winnebago Journey 36DL. After looking at all the coaches, I fell in love with the 40" Inspire Genoa, and it fits my budget (I think).

I test drove the rig and could not get over how well it handled (and I thought my Journey was easy to drive). After some haggling we agreed upon a price, and I gave them my refundable down-payment. I have 72 hours to let them know, so now I have to do my research.

I have always admired the Country Coach brand, and do understand the Inspire is one of their lower lines.

My questions are:

1)If you had your choice, would you buy another Country Coach product?
2)Are there any know problems I should look for or ask about on the coach?
3)Have any of you had any good or bad experiences with Lazy Days?

Thanks in advance for any input or advice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	72839   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0706.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	72840  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #2

Hmmm...Seffner, by any chance?

If so, that's the exact coach we were checking out last Monday that made us choose Country Coach!

Go for it, I don't see how you could help but love it.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #3

Gregg,

We have a 2007 Inspire and love it. Could have moved up a couple of notches in the line but would have had to have added a few years to the age of the coach to do it. We are happy with our decision.

Does it have the CAT or Cummins engine? We have the Cummins and are very happy with it. I am sure others with the CAT can give you their thoughts on it.

Does it have the Aqua Hot diesel boiler or propane water heating? the Aqua Hot does both the water and coach heating. A big plus if it has this but not a deal breaker.

Check the DOT codes on the tires. The last 4 digits are the week and year the tire was manufactured. 2309 would be the 23rd week of 2009. If the tires are 5 or more years old I would ask for a discount as you will need to replace them around 7 years for safety reasons, regardless of wear.

Check to see if the PTO is a dry or wet unit. You or the mechanic will need to climb under the transmission to see this. All from the factory were dry but many have been upgraded to the wet unit. Not a big job and you can do it yourself for around $500.00. If it fails it will destroy the hydraulic pumps which are very expensive to replace. Some are still using the dry unit without problems.

There have been a lot of failures of the original aluminum radiators and some of the copper/steel units have failed also (not just the Inspire and not just CC). We are at 7 years and 76,000 miles and still have the original. Anyway you might want to check for a leak at the rear bottom of the radiator. You can easily see it if you poke your head underneath the left rear of the coach.

Check all the dual pane windows for fogging. It's a big problem for all dual pane windows (again not just CC) and can be repaired but it's not cheap.

I see by the pictures that the Norcold is still installed. Been lots of problems with these developing leaks in the cooling system. Some have caught fire and destroyed the coach. Big lawsuit going on with this. Again this is not just a CC issue and seems to effect the newer units more than the older ones. We replaced ours with the Samsung residential refrigerator. Very happy with it! Check the link below for my experience with the replacement and a couple of pictures as to the problems with the Norcold.

http://www.moenracing.com/samsung/

These are the major concerns and I am sure other owners may have a few more. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #4

Yes- in Seffner. Why did you not buy this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet View Post
Hmmm...Seffner, by any chance?

If so, that's the exact coach we were checking out last Monday that made us choose Country Coach!

Go for it, I don't see how you could help but love it.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #5

Thanks for all the valuable info.

1) The deal I made with them is that they are to replace all the tires, as the tread wasn't in good condition, replace the drivers side window because of the fogging, and to replace the crappy mattress with a better one.

2) It has the CAT engine. I have a CAT now and it seems to be a good strong engine.

3) I may run back over there tomorrow to check out the PTO. I read about that in another forum this afternoon

4) I have also asked for the service records from the previous owner, and if there was a possibility I could talk to the previous owner about some of the issues you have mentioned.

5) It does have the Aqua Hot system, which from reading on here seems like an excellent system if properly maintained. I have only had propane water heaters in the past. How does this system heat the coach?

6) I will take a better look at the refrigerator tomorrow.

Thanks for your valuable input!

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyM View Post
Gregg,

We have a 2007 Inspire and love it. Could have moved up a couple of notches in the line but would have had to have added a few years to the age of the coach to do it. We are happy with our decision.

Does it have the CAT or Cummins engine? We have the Cummins and are very happy with it. I am sure others with the CAT can give you their thoughts on it.

Does it have the Aqua Hot diesel boiler or propane water heating? the Aqua Hot does both the water and coach heating. A big plus if it has this but not a deal breaker.

Check the DOT codes on the tires. The last 4 digits are the week and year the tire was manufactured. 2309 would be the 23rd week of 2009. If the tires are 5 or more years old I would ask for a discount as you will need to replace them around 7 years for safety reasons, regardless of wear.

Check to see if the PTO is a dry or wet unit. You or the mechanic will need to climb under the transmission to see this. All from the factory were dry but many have been upgraded to the wet unit. Not a big job and you can do it yourself for around $500.00. If it fails it will destroy the hydraulic pumps which are very expensive to replace. Some are still using the dry unit without problems.

There have been a lot of failures of the original aluminum radiators and some of the copper/steel units have failed also (not just the Inspire and not just CC). We are at 7 years and 76,000 miles and still have the original. Anyway you might want to check for a leak at the rear bottom of the radiator. You can easily see it if you poke your head underneath the left rear of the coach.

Check all the dual pane windows for fogging. It's a big problem for all dual pane windows (again not just CC) and can be repaired but it's not cheap.

I see by the pictures that the Norcold is still installed. Been lots of problems with these developing leaks in the cooling system. Some have caught fire and destroyed the coach. Big lawsuit going on with this. Again this is not just a CC issue and seems to effect the newer units more than the older ones. We replaced ours with the Samsung residential refrigerator. Very happy with it! Check the link below for my experience with the replacement and a couple of pictures as to the problems with the Norcold.

Samsung Refrigerator Install

These are the major concerns and I am sure other owners may have a few more. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpete1961 View Post
Yes- in Seffner. Why did you not buy this one?
It was just our first day shopping, we won't be buying for about a year.

The coach just had a super-good vibe. It felt like "home".

That said, the price seemed a little high, but that's Lazy Days. All the amenities there cost money. Not a complaint, just an observation. On the third hand, if it feels right, go for it,don't let life pass you by while looking for the "right deal".

Best of luck!
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #7

I have always been a penny pincher and will look all over the country for the right deal. But I had a great feeling about the coach once I drove it- it handled great. It also felt solid. They did reduce their price quite a bit considering my trade. I may be able to get a better deal elsewhere, but probably won't get as nice of a coach. ANd if I get cold feet I can also nix the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet View Post
It was just our first day shopping, we won't be buying for about a year.

The coach just had a super-good vibe. It felt like "home".

That said, the price seemed a little high, but that's Lazy Days. All the amenities there cost money. Not a complaint, just an observation. On the third hand, if it feels right, go for it,don't let life pass you by while looking for the "right deal".

Best of luck!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #8

As far as your question whether we would buy another Country Coach, the answer is definitely yes!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #9

Yes, we would buy another Country Coach.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Yes, we have shopped for a replacement for 12 years and found nothing to compel us to change other than newer CC. CC is the only consideration other than maybe a Travel Supreme.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpete1961 View Post
Thanks for all the valuable info.

5) It does have the Aqua Hot system, which from reading on here seems like an excellent system if properly maintained. I have only had propane water heaters in the past. How does this system heat the coach?

Thanks for your valuable input!

Greg
Greg,

The Aqua Hot has the capacity to heat a lot of water. Much more than you will ever need. The CC has a number of small radiators inside the coach at floor level that the hot water passes through and a small fan will blow the heated air into the living area.

Also the Aqua Hot will have a circuit going to the engine that is used for two things. One, to warm the engine before startup in very cold weather the same as a block heater would, and two once you are on the road and the engine is warmed up the engine will heat the water (coolant) inside the Aqua Hot and then this is used to heat the interior of the coach while on the road. No added fuel is used for this, diesel nor propane. It's a great system but as you stated. It must be maintained and it's best to use it regularly even if it's not needed.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:33 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Greg, we traded our 2002 Journey DL for the Allure we now have. While we liked the Journey and it served us well for 8 years, the difference in overall build quality between the Winnebago and the CC is pretty outstanding. We absolutely love our CC. There is no question if we were shopping again for a coach, we would get another CC. However, we feel this Allure will serve us well for however many years of RVing we have left.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:27 AM   #13

I've only had mine for a couple of weeks but what a machine. Even at 16 years old there is not a rattle or squeek while driving. We put over 1200 miles it brining her home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	73322  
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I've only had mine for a couple of weeks but what a machine. Even at 16 years old there is not a rattle or squeek while driving. We put over 1200 miles it brining her home.
Mike, how does it drive upside down?

You know you are supposed to keep the shiney side up