Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2023, 12:37 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
AC Upgrade?

Greetings road warriors. We have a 2000 Country Coach Affinity Bed and Breakfast model 42' coach and we need to repair our AC units on the roof. Two of the units are broken and I'm told they need to be replaced. Since the age of these units are past 20 years I was told they are a system and need to be replaced by an upgraded system. Has anyone ran into this situation or upgraded from the CC system installed? Could use some help with this, thank you all!

K&K Desmond
New Bern, NC
Cowboy0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2023, 01:24 PM   #2

Yes, I replaced our salon heat pump and upgraded to a 15k Dometic Penguin II Heat Pump unit in 2015.

Our bedroom unit is a 28 year old Dometic 13.5K heat pump and still does the job. We use it for white noise while sleeping in both modes.

The most challenging part was lifting the new unit to the roof and lowering the old unit.

I used a rented drywall panel lift to get the units up and down. The new one weighed @ 110 pounds.

I have the 3yr Warranty from Dometic in writing even though I did all the work.

I might be able to help, except that our units have separate thermostats which made the replacement simpler including a new thermostat.

Also, I may be approaching my expiration date, so the memory is foggy.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:53 AM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I had a similar situation in our Country Coach Concept. The coach never had roof airs but our system was old and the front stopped functioning. I have just installed a mini split system and we are extremely happy so far but it’s too soon to give a full report. After a lot of research I decided to use Senville units because of features and wide range of temperatures that they can function effectively. They have a unit that is designed for duct work, as well as ceiling cassettes, a floor ceiling model and the wall mounted. I used the floor model in front and a wall hung under the bed. I installed an 18,000 btu system in the bay with 9,000 btu under bed and 12,000 in front. It is so quiet you can not hear it run. The air circulates very well without ducts. Today it is 37 and the coach has never felt so evenly warm and cozy. I would suggest that sometimes wrong information is given by those that do not have a mini split system.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:14 AM   #4

Vernon,

Where did you put the outdoor portion of the mini-split unit?
2003 CC Allure 36’ First Ave. #30914
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:56 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
In one of the bays on driver side near rear. I preferred not to hang it on the rear of the coach, but others do that. I plan to do a detailed report with pics when I get it all buttoned up and have a road test.
Old 01-21-2023, 07:38 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
John, Happy to answer any questions
Old 01-22-2023, 06:13 AM   #7

Sounds very interesting Coach Driver. Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor!

Tags
upgrade