Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2018, 03:57 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Access to Chassis Shop, WGO/CC Junction City

There was a recent post from one of our members who was denied access to the chassis shop for coach alignment at WGO/CC in JC. Being a former Winnebago owner and a long time moderator on IRV2's Winnebago Owners forum (before the days of community moderators), I had developed a strong relationship with Bryan Funke who is the service shop manager at WGO in Forest City, IA. I reached out to Bryan for an official explanation. He, in turn, reached out to his counterpart, Doug Beaudry, who provided the following response, FWIW:

With our only alignment system now currently in manufacturing hands it is extremely difficult to get onto that alignment pit. Our plan in the beginning was to build a new pit in what we call Building 2 (Service Expansion Plans), but since that time manufacturing has taken over most of that building as well for warehouse.

I have had some conversations with customers about this subject and know there are some folks that are not happy about this fact. We do strive to be the “one stop” repair facility and this obviously is a need that we will hopefully overcome and get a Service alignment pit and system in place at some point.

I continue to work closely with our manufacturing folks and if at all possible we try and get these customers taken care of, it all depends on production schedule and timing. What manufacturing really needs is a set of lifts in that building so they can raise the coaches up for inspections and other various tasks that they are currently doing on the pit. It take about 1-2 hours to perform an alignment on a new coach, but they are having to utilize the pit to perform other tasks and inspections and a coach is taking over the pit on average for 6-8 hours.

Thank you, Doug.

So it seems it is just a matter of resources now that WGO is full bore building DP's there.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #2

I found other shops.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
I found other shops.

No question customers will seek other sources. We were very happy with the work we had done at CC both times we were there but would have no issue going elsewhere for alignments or anything else they were unable to do.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #4

I was in a alignment shop in OR on Monday and I was the 4th Country Coach. Apparently a lot of folks feel the same way.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:35 AM   #5
hrw

I found Kaiser Brake and Alignment on Taylor St in Eugene Oregon to be very good. I had a Torsion Bar mounting bracket come out of the frame. These folks removed the drive axle, welded the bracket to the frame, realigned the front end and all at a reasonable price. They know alignments!
541-344-5887 talk to Jen.
hrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrw View Post
I found Kaiser Brake and Alignment on Taylor St in Eugene Oregon to be very good. ... They know alignments! 541-344-5887 talk to Jen.
Kaiser X2
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #7

Sorry, should have mentioned I was at Henderson LineUp in Grants Pass

Tags
chassis