Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2018, 07:43 AM   #1
TTD

Adjusting Hydraulic Slide

So I did some research on the HWH site, but would like to hear any real world experience.

When one of my slides is extended, the wood trim on the inside does not lineup on one side (from top to bottom). Basically, the slide trim touches the wall trim at the top, but there's a gap of about 1 inch at the bottom.

It appears in my research that the adjustment will be either along the top or behind the pleated curtains that are along the sides of the slide?

Is this a do it yourself project ?
TTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #2

I've adjusted my bed slide and it was easy to lift the bed and adjust the slide blocks using a couple of wrenches. I adjusted until the outside gaps were even when the side was in and the seals looked their best when the side was out.

I've also removed a drivers-side slide curtain but didn't make any adjustments. The hydraulic actuators are in the scissor mechanisms just behind the curtains. I didn't need to make any adjustments, so I'm not speaking from experience, but I'd bet that the guides & glides are very similar to the bedroom slide mechanism, only the bedroom hydraulic actuators are at the bottom of the slide. Getting to the guides & glides In my case I believe that I'd have to remove my sofa and get under the sink or other lower cabinet to reach and adjust them.

Getting the curtains on and off is a pain. There are screws on one end and snaps on the other end. I sure wish there was another way to cover the scissor mechanisms! But that's a thread for another day.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #3

Depends on which hydraulic system is in your coach. I can tell you how to adjust both extend and retract positions on a 2002 Country Coach 36’ Allure two slide coach which has the HWH “train” hydraulic system. No scissors in our mechanism.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36' #30783
Cummins ISC 350
BluegrassFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #4

If you have curtains on the sides of the slide then you have a hydraulic scissor mechanism. If you don't, I'd say, be glad because they never fold properly.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
I have a 2010 45' Crane Prairie and have adjusted all my hyd slides. Based on what you have said, I would extend the slide and get a measurement on the outer four corners and verify they are all the same distance from the outside coach wall. If they are, and they should be, make sure the coach is level and then open the curtain behind the drivers seat and place a level on the wall trim (the one bolted to the inside wall of the coach) if it's plumb then check the pillar to see if it's plumb. The chain mechanism has an adjustment nut on it that will take up the slack in the chain which will pull the slide scissors closer together when open. Another issue could be the bottom bolts holding the slide mechanism to the inside coach wall, they could be loose, just need to tighten them and that would pull the slide flush to the wall.

My slide kitchen slide was crooked so I put a jack and some wood under it while partially open and lifted it up until the pin stripping aligned on the outside. I found that all the mounting bolts that affix the slide carcass to the interior wall were all in various stages of being loose. After realigning and tightening all the mounting bolts I have not had a single problem with the slide getting out of alignment (that was 3 years ago) and I check them all every Spring as part of my yearly maintenance program. You might also check for obstructions around the inside bottom of the slide, there is a big bundle of wires there. Good Luck
Old 10-15-2018, 07:59 AM   #6
TTD

Great stuff... thank you. It is my Sink/Couch slide behind the drivers seat that is the problem so I will check the things you mentioned as soon as I get the coach back.

If all goes well, my new WET PTO will arrive today and be installed Wednesday!
Old 10-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #7
TTD

Glad I checked in here before doing anything. I took the advice above and actually measured the exposed portion of the slideout on both ends - and it was absolutely identical!

So I go back inside to see why the trim wasn't tight all the way down and it is definitely the trim itself... which is not a high priority for me to fix, since it is nothing noticeable.

I'll save it for that day I am bored and everything else is working perfectly.

Tags
hydraulic, slide