Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2022, 04:04 PM   #1

After 20 years its time to say goodbye

I joined this forum in 2004 two years after I bought our 1999 CC Allure. I have put close to 175,000 miles on her over the years traveling all over this great country we live in. Never got pulled over, the coach never left us on the side of the road and never got hit or hit anyone. I feel that's a pretty good legacy.

I do want to thank all of you on this forum for the support, the respect and the help anytime I would post an issue. Everyone would would do their best to help and give encouragement to solve the problems. I belong to other forums and i must say this is without a doubt the best one out there. I'll miss reading and chatting with all of you but due to age and health it's time to give the keys to someone younger.

I wish all of you the best and be safe in your RV travels.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2022, 04:20 PM   #2

Bill - Salute for doing it well, and exiting well too...

After the coach keys go to someone else... PLEASE keep using your computer keys and helping your CC brothers with your knowledge.

Stay safe, well - and look forward to your ongoing participation,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:54 PM   #3

Well... let me get a little cheesy here. We're new to rving and just bought ours in Jan. My wife and I bought a 22 year old DP. Someone else's legacy. And because they sold us this MH, we can turn some of our dreams into reality. You just did the same thing. So thanks for making the decision to sell. Too many owners of rvs from this golden Era sit in the back 40 and rot when faced with that decision.

I think in this instance, one man's legacy is another man's dream.

(She runs like a top)
Old 05-12-2022, 05:29 PM   #4

Congrats on a great run. Hope the coming years offer you some wonderful new adventures.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:46 PM   #5

I must admit, when reading these good byes due to age it hits me hard. My biggest fear is aging. I see my kids growing way too fast, I feel myself getting older by the minute…..it comes so fast. Godless you and your family.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:56 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfman View Post
I joined this forum in 2004 two years after I bought our 1999 CC Allure. I have put close to 175,000 miles on her over the years traveling all over this great country we live in. Never got pulled over, the coach never left us on the side of the road and never got hit or hit anyone. I feel that's a pretty good legacy.

I do want to thank all of you on this forum for the support, the respect and the help anytime I would post an issue. Everyone would would do their best to help and give encouragement to solve the problems. I belong to other forums and i must say this is without a doubt the best one out there. I'll miss reading and chatting with all of you but due to age and health it's time to give the keys to someone younger.

I wish all of you the best and be safe in your RV travels.
Congratulations on a great run. You must have many wonderful memories. Sorry to see you go. Your experience is a testament to your abilities in safe driving and properly maintaining a quality coach. I hope I can say the same when my time comes.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:02 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Good run Steve, glad you enjoyed it especially doing it in the "Worlds Finest Motorcoach" as Bob Lee would have said.
Take care.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
Congratulations on a great run. You must have many wonderful memories. Sorry to see you go. Your experience is a testament to your abilities in safe driving and properly maintaining a quality coach. I hope I can say the same when my time comes.

I remember when Burfman started here.
May your road be straight, level and only slightly downhill in the future.
Boomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:18 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to Dsrtrider
country coach

Bill congrats on all the safe Adventures . I hope i can do the same I think i hopefully have another 15 yrs of travel in our coach.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:45 AM   #10

Questions for Burfman ....

Burfman ... I believe in learning from the wisdom of the years and experience, so I have a few questions:

1) You said you've never broken down ... excellent ... any advice on what key elements you attribute that to?

2) If you could give one or two key learnings in your life (not necessarily RV'g) that you feel others would benefit from .... what would those be?

3) If you had it to all do over ... what would you do different?

4) Do you feel the cost, time and effort of being involved with RV'g was worth it? Was RV'g a means to an end for your to travel or was camping a end in itself for you?

5) Any other words of wisdom before you sign off?
swduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:29 PM   #11

I pray you have fair winds and following seas. A full marl and a hearty drink. A warm companion and much laughter. All the best to you and your family!
Old 05-13-2022, 07:53 PM   #12

Good health and will to you Sir. And may your future journey serve you the same as this last one.
bizzerbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 03:07 AM   #13

The legacy you leave is imprinted on many folks I'm sure. I can't even imagine the amount of people, you have talked to, and the places you have gazed upon. Wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Stone
Stonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #14
Community Moderator

When there is time to kill come back to share your knowledge and experience, or just a hi. Looking forward to your healthy and fun filled journey!
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote