Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2022, 09:15 AM   #1

Air brake hose assembly

Hello from the UK

2005 Allure 430 - tag axle #31231

Recently 'lost' a diaphragm on a spring brake chamber - unfortunately not the service brake side
(fortunately I heard it 'leaking' whilst working under the coach, as opposed to a sudden rupture / application of the brakes when going down the road and all that that could entail )

Am in the process of replacing both spring brake chambers and for the sake of completeness want to replace the 'flexible' hoses that 'feed' the chambers, given that they will also be 19 years old

My pneumatic schematic shows the flexible hoses as CC part# 15846 Air Brake Hose Assembly (32")

Has anyone replaced these hoses ?? perhaps has an after market part number, NAPA / who ever, that I can research / pursue

The chambers are MGM and have to come in from stateside - thinking I might add the hose assemblies to the order if I can track down an aftermarket part number
(last resort is to drop a hose off and get them made up over here - unfortunately not too many people want to touch / stock the NPT / SAE / American fittings / threads in the European world of metric fittings )

Fingers crossed / thanks in anticipation

Ian S.
Exeter, UK
2005 Allure 430 #31231
CAT C9 #9DG02935
IanSmith-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2022, 11:28 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Take a complete hose assembly to a hydraulic shop and tell them to make one jut like it. Tell them it is part of your air brakes so they will have an idea as to the pressures the hose will see.. A good NAPA shop should be able to do the same thing.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Take a complete hose assembly to a hydraulic shop and tell them to make one jut like it. Tell them it is part of your air brakes so they will have an idea as to the pressures the hose will see.. A good NAPA shop should be able to do the same thing.

Ian is in the UK - no Napa there. And the fittings follow UK/Europe standards/dimensions, not our JIP/ASME NPT.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:22 PM   #4

Ian any markings or tags on the air hoses? There are 10 identical ones according to pneumatic schematic. Possibly one has some OEM markings or tags.

If not let me know and I’ll climb under my 07 Allure and see if I have any.

Brian.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
Old 10-10-2022, 11:00 PM   #5

You could confirm the diameter of the braided hose, probably #12 or 14 Aeroquipt, and have some shipped from the states. I reused my old Made in USA fittings.
Boomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
Ian any markings or tags on the air hoses? There are 10 identical ones according to pneumatic schematic. Possibly one has some OEM markings or tags.
If not let me know and I’ll climb under my 07 Allure and see if I have any.
Brian.

Brian,
Great minds think alike
Couldn't find any legible markings / tags anywhere
Unfortunately, in the coaches earlier life, someone in their wisdom decided copious quantities of body shutz (thick, black, tar like underseal) should be sprayed on her underside
have spent many a 'happy' hour removing same from components with brake / clutch cleaner
sadly said 'cleaner' also removes any printing on labels / tags / stickers attached to parts that are not plastic sealed (like HWH tags) - have to be very careful with the CC wire numbering stickers

Spoken to a local 'hose' shop since first posting, they are apparently "up for the challenge" if needed - but did warn me the fittings are not likely to be "on the shelf"

Ian S.
Exeter, UK
2005 Allure 430 #31231
CAT C9 #9DG02935
Old 10-11-2022, 12:07 AM   #7

I doubt any shop will make one up; there are far too many regulations governing truck air pressure lines. This air line is not unique to your MH. All this stuff is ordinary heavy duty truck parts.
BrianGlenn has a good ideal. Knowing the fitting dimensions is vital. If a replacement is too long, a small loop will make it fit.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 08:15 AM   #8

Ian. I will climb under later today but found this link.

https://www.truckspring.com/products...r__452132.aspx
Old 10-13-2022, 03:08 PM   #9

Well good news and bad news Ian.

Good news there were markings on the air hose to brake chambers.

Bad news it was only the “CC number”. Lol. It appears they may have made up their own. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5232.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	632.5 KB
ID:	378648

Sorry could not be more help. I assume you can determine the end fitting sizes from your coach.

Brian.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #10

I just removed one of the tags on my air brake hose and like you stated my is marked 15846-92600, the last two digits are had to read.

As the front and rear suspension assemblies are 3rd party on my coach I would have thought they would have supplied them to Country Coach complete with brakes etc.

I was surprised to find a site online that you can build your own lines, would have to know more than I do to understand it. I understand you are in the UK.

https://tinyurl.com/4ssd6rft
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221013_170802.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	378676  
2001 40 foot Country Coach Intrigue "Suite of Dreams" Build#11294.
Chevy Equinox toad
Ozzsp250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 01:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
Well good news and bad news Ian.
Good news there were markings on the air hose to brake chambers.
Bad news it was only the “CC number”. Lol. It appears they may have made up their own.
Sorry could not be more help. I assume you can determine the end fitting sizes from your coach.
Brian.

Brian,
Thanks for looking
Plan 'B' it is then - shop time booked for this weekend - will drop a hose off, identify the fittings and get them to make me four.
Safe travels

Ian S.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzsp250 View Post
I just removed one of the tags on my air brake hose and like you stated my is marked 15846-92600, the last two digits are had to read.
As the front and rear suspension assemblies are 3rd party on my coach I would have thought they would have supplied them to Country Coach complete with brakes etc.
I was surprised to find a site online that you can build your own lines, would have to know more than I do to understand it. I understand you are in the UK.

Dennis,
Thanks for the suggestion about the rear suspension assembly - not an avenue I had considered.
Have re-looked at my Ridewell suspension engineering drawings (just replaced my bar pin bushes )
Unfortunately the brake chambers do not feature on either the drawings or parts list.
Plan 'B' it is then - will get them made up in a 'shop' on this side of the pond.
Safe travels

Ian S.

Tags
air, brake, hose