Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2022, 05:51 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
air release

Morning,

When my coach is sitting in level mode in my driveway air is released from the front end then the compressor switches on airs it back up to the same level. It will do this not in a consistent manner, but enough to wonder what the heck? A guy told me they will do that when it is very hot outside which it has been. It seems there would be no leak because of the release of air. Just curious what your thoughts are.

Thank you,

Stone
Stonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2022, 06:06 AM   #2

air release

The HWH system wakes up every 30 minutes and checks for “level”. It can release air, possibly over release. Heat could cause the air to expand and over inflate. A thought.

You can stop the controller from “waking up” by pressing emergency stop after Coach is level. Stops controller from making any adjustments.

Brian.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
The HWH system wakes up every 30 minutes and checks for “level”. It can release air, possibly over release. Heat could cause the air to expand and over inflate. A thought.

You can stop the controller from “waking up” by pressing emergency stop after Coach is level. Stops controller from making any adjustments.

Brian.
Thanks Brian. It is just a little odd that it would let out air, same amount from what you can tell by listening, and then pump (again just listening) the same level back into it. I will look into it, appreciate it.
Stonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:52 AM   #4

And ultimately the PSI gauge goes to zero on our coach
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:28 AM   #5

Yes, the sun heating a side of the coach can cause the 30 minute adjustments but leveling valve leaks can, and often do, lead to frequent adjustments. For instance, if one corner of the rear suspension leaks down then then HWH controller may bleed down both sides of the rear to level the rear, or depending on the terrain, it may bleed down the low side of the coach to square up the overall coach and then begin the leveling process. To say it another way, the HWH system first tries to remove any twist of the chassis and then bring the chassis to level.
BonS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 09:30 AM   #6

air release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonefish View Post
Thanks Brian. It is just a little odd that it would let out air, same amount from what you can tell by listening, and then pump (again just listening) the same level back into it. I will look into it, appreciate it.

You’re welcome. I’m addition the air supply solenoids (HWH six pack) or the Haldex ride heights valves may leak a little and add air to bags slowly while supply pressure is greater than air pressure required for air spring to accommodate “level”. Another thought.

Edit - the “time” duration for release and add may be different volumes of air as differential pressure and rate are probably different between release solenoid and air compressor fill rate. A thought.

Brian.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 05:17 PM   #7

I believe Brian is spot-on in his assessment of the problem. If the system can re-level by letting some air out vs cutting in the on-board air compressor, it will.
Boomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:59 PM   #8

Mine has done the same thing for over 10 years, more in the summer time when it's hot. It's always the rear that needs to level. When on the road if the wife gets tired of it coming on, I hit the emergency stop.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:16 PM   #9

I've never had an air release because of excessive heat build up in the bag. So, if I had symptoms like described by the OP, I'd think I had an air leak and the air release was the HWH system trying to lower the opposing side to compensate. When the system determines releasing air won't get the coach back to level then it turns on the air compressor to pump up the low side. I had all of that going on earlier this year after my rear air bags were replaced; fortunately, I was able to find and tighten the leaking air line fitting until the leak stopped -- and the release/pump cycling also stopped.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:53 PM   #10

I had a similar issue and I had a hole in the front drivers side air bag. Replaced it (really all of them), and haven't had a problem since. Coach stays nice and level.
dliterski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air