Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #1

Airbags?

My second and last question of the day.

2000 40ft Intrigue - single axle

My airbags have pretty bad checking in the rubber and I'm looking at replacing. I crawled under and tried to get numbers off of them with no luck. Has anyone with a 2000 Intrigue done theirs and what were the part numbers you ordered. I'll be doing both the front and rears with the rears first. They're in the worse shape of the sets.

I'm done dealing with Winnebago/CC. They're pretty much worthless not to mention double the going street price for part. This is something I'll do myself so I just need the part numbers to order them. I'm assuming they are Firestone bags? I don't want to bother Eric since I'm just looking for parts and not service.

I know all the precautions thanks very much.
Coach #10984
apatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #2

You won't find the numbers on the bags. There is a label on the top plate that identifies the bags once you have them removed. Unfortunately for me those labels on my Magna airbags were destroyed. The service shop spent all day on the telephone with suppliers before they got them identified.

With luck, someone with your model coach will be able to provide you the information. If push comes to shove, you can remove a front and rear bag to see if your labels are good enough to get the information.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #3
Community Moderator

I looked at ours the other day, both front and rear had some checking but not too bad. 20 years old, time to plan ahead... I couldn't see the numbers on them but I did notice that ours has a mix of Firestone and Goodyear. Hopefully someones with the same coach could come share theirs.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #4

https://www.premierrvservices.com/parts/

Give Kevin a call. He's very knowledgeable and resourceful at finding parts!!! And I've found that Premier charges a fair price for parts. (Can you get the lower priced elsewhere? Sure, sometimes. But then you need to question the age of the parts, and IF the parts are the appropriate one for the situation.)... And I personally, want companies like Premier, OMC, etc. - to remain profitable, so they remain in business...

Best of luck on your search,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:23 AM   #5

An interesting option is to buy one for the front and one for the rear and leave them in storage in your coach.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by apatz View Post
My second and last question of the day.

2000 40ft Intrigue - single axle

My airbags have pretty bad checking in the rubber and I'm looking at replacing. I crawled under and tried to get numbers off of them with no luck. Has anyone with a 2000 Intrigue done theirs and what were the part numbers you ordered. I'll be doing both the front and rears with the rears first. They're in the worse shape of the sets.

I'm done dealing with Winnebago/CC. They're pretty much worthless not to mention double the going street price for part. This is something I'll do myself so I just need the part numbers to order them. I'm assuming they are Firestone bags? I don't want to bother Eric since I'm just looking for parts and not service.

I know all the precautions thanks very much.
I just had the rear airbags replaced on my 99 Allure 36' and pretty sure your's would be the same.

Firestone W01-358-9223
Goodyear 1R12-188
1999 CC Allure 36 DTSG #30317
USAF Retired
dhetrick2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhetrick2 View Post
I just had the rear airbags replaced on my 99 Allure 36' and pretty sure your's would be the same.

Firestone W01-358-9223
Goodyear 1R12-188
Interesting, yours are also Firestone and Goodyear. I thought those on ours were the result of PO replaced one, guess not. Could we use only Firestone or Goodyear for both left and right?

Saved these for future reference. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2020, 12:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Interesting, yours are also Firestone and Goodyear. I thought those on ours were the resilt of PO replaced one, guess not. Could we use only Firestone or Goodyear for both left and right?

Saved these for future reference. Thanks!
Mine were original and both were Firestone, I just put the cross reference Goodyear number on there. Same bag different manufacturer. The coach wouldn't know the difference..
USAF Retired
Old 03-27-2020, 12:40 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Great! Dave, do you happen to know if those at front are the same as those at rear?
Old 03-27-2020, 02:38 PM   #10

if you do a search for those part numbers and read the description you will find interchangeable parts from many suppliers in the description. While there are many part numbers there are only a limited number of actual bags out there. I got mine from ebay for $75 each once I crossed and found what interchanged
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Great! Dave, do you happen to know if those at front are the same as those at rear?
Yes they are the original and Firestone also.
USAF Retired
Old 03-28-2020, 10:46 AM   #12

I was under mine the other day and mine said Neway on it. Mines a 2000 Allure. It does have the Neway rear axle.
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhetrick2 View Post

Firestone W01-358-9223
Goodyear 1R12-188
Thank you so much.
Coach #10984
Old 03-31-2020, 12:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonegully View Post
An interesting option is to buy one for the front and one for the rear and leave them in storage in your coach.
Thanks but the #1 rule of RVing is that the bags will fail, in the middle of the night, on a two lane country road, while it's raining if I did that. I'd rather replace them on my terms and not on The Beast's terms.
Coach #10984

Tags
ags, air, airbag