Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2017, 10:09 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Allure 470 gas heat filter location

I have very low flow out of the register. Must be clogged filter but I don't know where it is.
Brr
wsmcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Just to clarify....you have a LP gas furnace and not an Aqua Hot unit for coach heat??
Old 12-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't think there are any filters in either type of heat. Mine has filters for the heat pumps though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Just to clarify....you have a LP gas furnace and not an Aqua Hot unit for coach heat??
I do have an aqua hot. I do not know how to make it heat the coach. There is no thermostat to control it that i know of. The thermostat i know of has choice of gas or electric when it is set for heat. This is hard to figure out.
Please help me
Old 12-24-2017, 04:57 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmcycle View Post
I do have an aqua hot. I do not know how to make it heat the coach. There is no thermostat to control it that i know of. The thermostat i know of has choice of gas or electric when it is set for heat. This is hard to figure out.
Please help me
OK. First, there are no filters on the Aqua Hot heat exchangers.

You probably have a Coleman (RVP) thermostat. On the thermostat, the 'gas' setting is what you use to heat with the Aqua Hot. The 'electric' mode is used to operate the heat pumps. Put the thermostat in the 'heat' setting and use the 'Mode' button to cycle zone 1 and zone 3 to 'gas.' Then set your desired temp for those zones. If you have your Aqua Hot switches on (at least the diesel switch so the burner can run), your zone 1 and zone 3 heat exchangers should produce heat. I have two zone 1 (one under the dash and in the galley under the sink) and two zone 3 (one under the corner of the bed and one under the shower).

You can also turn on the electric heater switch for your Aqua Hot (we do if we are on shore power). While the electric element alone won't produce much heat, it will help keep the boiler fluid hot. Also, if you have the 450D Aqua Hot, your heat exchangers will shut off when you run much hot water. The 450 will defer to heating water. As soon as you stop using hot water, the exchanger fans will come back on if the thermostat is still calling for heat.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:26 AM   #6

Thank you for such a succinct response. I read and read in the book without finding an explanation.
I will apply this new understanding shortly.
Yesterday I put zone 1 on gas heat and after a few minutes, there was cool air flowing not blowing out of the floor below stove top vent. How can you increase the fan speed?
Old 12-24-2017, 07:33 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thank you for such a succinct response. I read and read in the book without finding an explanation.
I will apply this new understanding shortly.
Yesterday I put zone 1 on gas heat and after a few minutes, there was cool air flowing not blowing out of the floor below stove top vent. How can you increase the fan speed?
My coach has no speed adjustment for the fans. Some do.

Have you made sure your aqua hot burner operates? Does it heat your water? Warm air should come out of the exchangers as soon as the AH gets to operating temp.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #8

Allure 470 gas heat filter location

Check both heat outlets for zone 1 - in the cabinet under the stove top and up front at the floor level in the passenger dash (beside entry step). Both fans on these heat exchangers are controlled by zone 1. If they are running and no heat then the circulation pump to circulate the hot hydro hot boiler may be faulty. Mine has been sticking every once and a while and I have a new one on order.

On the control panel for the aqua hot the zone 1 pump LED should be lit up with a green light when zone 1 gas is calling for heat.

If there is no fan air flow then the hydro hot is not up to temperature and/or domestic hot water is being used.

Finally one of the fans may be crapped out and the fuse may be blown. This would shut off all fans zone 1 and 3. They are 24V motors supplied with 12V. One of yours may be starting to crap out and is not turning very fast to create air flow.

Hope this is of some help.
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Brian raises two good points. All the heat exchanger fans are on one 20 amp fuse (in one of the fuse panels behind the door in the hallway). When I got my coach, one of the original fan motors had shorted out blowing that fuse. So, none of my exchanger fans would run until I replaced that fan. So if your fans are not running even when the T-stat calls for heat, check that fuse. If it is blown, you will have to determine which of the fans is causing the issue. I got lucky in that the first one I checked (the one under my shower) was the culprit.

Also, another thing that can impede flow of the boiler coolant is a stuck check valve at the Aqua Hot. You can remove the cover from the Aqua Hot and see the brass check valves. Feel the hoses and see if they are hot (assuming the pump/s are running). If the pumps are spinning and the outgoing hose is cool, tap on the check valve and see if you can release it. One of mine was stuck and a firm rap with the handle of a screwdriver got it working fine.

The Aqua Hot is like most things on these rigs. A bit complicated and it may take some effort to sort things out. Also, the AH does best when you use it often and do the recommended service annually.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #10

It does work. I get hot water from the faucets. If I have the aqua hot on electric, I get warm air out of the ducts. Warm, not hot and although the fan makes a sound, it does boy blow out. Even though you don't have fan speed options, (nor do i) does the fan speed change according to demand,mm or ever change? Is there always just one speed?
Old 12-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #11

Maybe a fuse is the reason mine dies not blow! Thanks, I will try and locate the culprit fuse.
Thanks for the added input. I will check the fuse
Old 12-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #12

Thank you, very very much.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
It does work. I get hot water from the faucets. If I have the aqua hot on electric, I get warm air out of the ducts. Warm, not hot and although the fan makes a sound, it does boy blow out. Even though you don't have fan speed options, (nor do i) does the fan speed change according to demand,mm or ever change? Is there always just one speed?
No fan speed change at all. I replaced the fans in three of my four heat exchangers since they were so noisy. I used axial fans which are very quiet.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #14

If your fans were "noisy", my fans are not running. There is no more than a slight flow out of the grills. I can hear noise behind the grills and I cant imagine that noise emanating from anything but the fan. I did not find a fuse that was described as heating fans. Someone said the fan motors were 24v running on 12v which would certainly slow them down.

Tags
cat, gas, heat