Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #1

Aluminum radiator replacement.

I am looking for a replacement radiator for our 2006 allure 430. Any help would be appreciated.
ninjalobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2.
Here is a link with RV parts suppliers that may help for starters.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Where are you located. No use for me to give you a source on the west coast if you are in the east.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This company had a great price.....and the radiator I purchased for my rig looked quality built. CG and J Inc. —
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #5

Southeast, close to Atlanta Ga.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #6

First, you do not want a aluminum radiator on a big diesel engine. There is so much vibration caused by the diesel that sooner or later (probably sooner) the aluminum is going to crack. Also the aluminum is a one piece radiator. Top and bottom tanks plus all of the tubes are one piece. Cracks are inevitable. I went to a company in Oregon who has a great work ethic and a fine product. It is mfg with a copper core that bolts to a copper top and bottom tank. The only way to make a radiator. The price is right too.
here is there website. Radiator Supply House of Sweet Home, Oregon - Radiators, Coolers, Condensers
Old 12-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
First, you do not want a aluminum radiator on a big diesel engine. There is so much vibration caused by the diesel that sooner or later (probably sooner) the aluminum is going to crack. Also the aluminum is a one piece radiator. Top and bottom tanks plus all of the tubes are one piece. Cracks are inevitable. I went to a company in Oregon who has a great work ethic and a fine product. It is mfg with a copper core that bolts to a copper top and bottom tank. The only way to make a radiator. The price is right too.
here is there website. Radiator Supply House of Sweet Home, Oregon - Radiators, Coolers, Condensers
I do not agree with Stretch in his assessment of a one piece radiator due to experience however I do agree with his recommendation of Radiator Supply House. They are the ones that supplied my replacement.

FYI my replacement for a '02 Intrigue was $4004.00
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:39 AM   #8

Atlanta Ga. Area
Old 12-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #9

cc has a replacement radiator. ex warranty covered mine
brickatnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #10

Spoke with cg and j the beat everyones price. stated that they may even have my radiator in stock if not they will build one
Old 01-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi.1014 View Post
This company had a great price.....and the radiator I purchased for my rig looked quality built. CG and J Inc. —
I found CG&J inc to be the a very professional company. I was advised that if they did not have the radiator you needed in stock they would build one. I was also advised that if I brought my radiator to them they would duplicate it with a quality aluminum radiator to factory specs. and supply me with a warranty. They also advised that I should stay with an aluminum radiator because the engine was designed for that style of radiator. If you live in the southeast you should check with them before buying. The Country coach price was $3,200.00, The CG&J inc. price was approx... $900.00.
They were also familiar with the radiator problems with some motor homes. It was because of poor design and cheap built radiators used to reduce cost.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #12

$900 is a fantastic price. If you can get a new radiator for that price, get it.
I hope it is well built...........

Tags
radiator, replacement