Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #1

Any 32' CC's in/near SF Bay Area?

Hi CC peeps. We currently have a '98 Safari Trek that we love for weekends/weeks at a time, but we're pretty near pulling the trigger on selling our home and traveling for a few years. At 26' (and front engine gas) our Trek is a bit small for that kind of travel. A CC is the only coach we've seen that has a shorter length (we like to visit state/national/regional parks with length restrictions) & all the DP features of driveability, storage (for stuff & tanks), towing capacity, cargo capacity, etc.

Long story short, is there anyone on here around the greater SF Bay Area with a 32' CC (Intrigue or Allure) that we can come check out? Before we get too invested in the 32' idea, we'd like to see the size of the kitchen, shower, etc in person to make sure we think it's workable for us. Hubby wants a 36', I want a 32'

Anywho, a nice bottle of your drink of choice would be in it for you & we'd be very appreciative

TIA!
2000 Country Coach Magna 36' #5752
past: '98 Safari Trek 2480, '91 Fleetwood Flair 22
srogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #2

There is a 32 foot C/C Intrigue for sale by owner in Fresno, it is listed in RV Trader online.
suzygirl2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #3
TR4

So far we haven’t had any problems getting into parks with our 36 ft. Intrigue. I think it’s just about the right size for us. I would hate to give up that extra bay used for storage. The longer wheelbase also makes for a more stable ride. At first I was also looking for a 32 ft., but now see it would have been to small for all the junk I bring with me. Those storage bays fill up fast! And I can’t see where I would want to loose 4 ft. in the living area.

Bill
Old 05-12-2019, 05:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
So far we haven’t had any problems getting into parks with our 36 ft. Intrigue. I think it’s just about the right size for us. I would hate to give up that extra bay used for storage. The longer wheelbase also makes for a more stable ride. At first I was also looking for a 32 ft., but now see it would have been to small for all the junk I bring with me. Those storage bays fill up fast! And I can’t see where I would want to loose 4 ft. in the living area.

Bill
I bet the owners of 40'ers are saying the same about a 36'er. Lol
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #5
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
I bet the owners of 40'ers are saying the same about a 36'er. Lol
Mike, I’d love to have the extra space of a 40 ft., but there is no way it would fit into most of the State and Federal parks we have visited. They do have larger sites, but those are the first to go. If the site says 30 ft., I can usually fit.

Bill
Old 05-12-2019, 09:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
So far we haven’t had any problems getting into parks with our 36 ft. Intrigue.
I hear you, Bill, the extra space in the galley & storage would be cool with 4 more feet.

We feel like 32' is already pushing the limits of our fave types of places to visit and will cut out a few of them that we can get into, now, at 26'. We've always had and loved "short" rigs. That said, maybe I'm overly concerned and 36' would be just fine. We have a site reserved in Yosemite (North Pines) in Sept that has a 27' moho limit.

Where in the Bay Area are you? Would you be willing to give us a quick "tour" of your CC?
Old 05-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzygirl2017 View Post
There is a 32 foot C/C Intrigue for sale by owner in Fresno, it is listed in RV Trader online.
Yes, have seen that one (online). That would be a 5 hour out and back to an area we have no other reason to go to so probably a stretch. But worth keeping in mind, thank you.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzygirl2017 View Post
I'm in Fresno right now visiting a friend with my 45' Magna.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:18 AM   #9
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by srogers View Post
I hear you, Bill, the extra space in the galley & storage would be cool with 4 more feet.

We feel like 32' is already pushing the limits of our fave types of places to visit and will cut out a few of them that we can get into, now, at 26'. We've always had and loved "short" rigs. That said, maybe I'm overly concerned and 36' would be just fine. We have a site reserved in Yosemite (North Pines) in Sept that has a 27' moho limit.

Where in the Bay Area are you? Would you be willing to give us a quick "tour" of your CC?
Sure! I’m in Belmont, send me a PM.

Bill
Old 05-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #10

If you ever get to visit the south shore of Lake Tahoe we are about 20 miles east in Nevada ours is an opposing double slide 32 ft.allure.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:26 PM   #11

32' Intrigue, Craigslist Redding CA (not me)

I am in the market for a short DP and love Country Coach, but very hard to find. In my price range, probably have to be late 90's no-slide. Any insights, things to look for?
Is 40K for a 32' Intrigue, 325 Cummins with 89,000 mile reasonable? Claim to be 3rd owner, with all records from new. I have not seen it yet.
drb429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:02 PM   #12

Looks good but I would prefer at least 1 slide and a Dynomax chassis rather then the Gillig as it has a really tight turning radius. The 32 ft is not real plentiful so they tend to be a little pricy. I found my 32 3 years ago at a dealer in so ca that bought coaches at an auction. It only had 16000 miles on it but it was lived in full time for a few years. I needed to fix or repair most all the appliances and refinish some of the wood etc. It is in good shape now except for some sun damaged paint.It was worth the effort to bring it back to its glory days and was $8k more then your guy is asking but the Redding coach that looks well cared for. I figured I would likely not find another dual slide 32 so I took a chance as the drive train was ok.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb429 View Post
I am in the market for a short DP and love Country Coach, but very hard to find. In my price range, probably have to be late 90's no-slide. Any insights, things to look for?
Is 40K for a 32' Intrigue, 325 Cummins with 89,000 mile reasonable? Claim to be 3rd owner, with all records from new. I have not seen it yet.
I have no clue as to value of that 1997 Country Coach.

It does look to be well cared for and updated in the pictures.

I would be curious about the "Certified Appraisal" of value that the owner has. That would be difficult to obtain in my opinion.

Is there an association that certifies appraisers of Motorhomes?
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #14

I bought a 32' Allure the first week of February, 2019. Since then I have put new Michelin tires on it. I have put 5000 miles on it. For me it is just the right size. Mine has a 350 Cummins. I pull a Jeep Wranger. I have been thinking of changing the refrigerator out to a residential style. The one in it works ok on LP. Better on AC.
AmarilloDoug is offline   Reply With Quote