Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-21-2021, 10:21 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 7
Any concept owners still out there

New owner of a 97 concept even pushing 25 years old its an amazing bus inside n out .would like to hear from any of you still riding in style 😎
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9999009_1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	346829  
Mrapp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2021, 04:21 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Arizona-Oregon
Posts: 117
Great looking coach. I envy the shop you must store it in. What power do you have?
Have some great travels.
Best, Don
Lacota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:03 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
spinroch's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 318
That is Beautiful!
__________________
Steve (spinroch)
1997 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 31'
454 Chevy P30 FROG
spinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:44 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
cntrylife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maple Valley Wa
Posts: 226
Yep... we love ours
But yours looks way better. U will have an 8v92 or a series 60 detroit.
Let us know what questions you have as Russ, myself and others have been through just about everything on a concept.... a couple times
__________________
Coach runs, usually,Toad runs almost all the time
We get there somehow every time, Go Black Betty!
1990 CC Concept Dragging a 2000 wrangler
cntrylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 7
Nice to meet ya ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntrylife View Post
Yep... we love ours
But yours looks way better. U will have an 8v92 or a series 60 detroit.
Let us know what questions you have as Russ, myself and others have been through just about everything on a concept.... a couple times
I can tell by the build of this thing it will be the last coach we will ever need , It has a Detroit 60 series in it a 105000 miles. Still trying to find 0 on it its got a lot of systems thatI was unaware of when we purchased I think that's a good thing... Not sure if the bus air works as I thought I had charging problems on the way home from Texas to Ohio someone had just put in new batteries and new twin zantac inverters , The only way I have any 12 V in the house is with the Ignition in on position I don't think that's correct. But outside of that we love this thing so far haven't made our 1st trip yet But it won't be long. But the thing is it's in our driveway and it's paid for so that's a superior bonus. Definitely good to hear there's still a few of us out here He's look forward to talking to you soon hopefully not about problems... lol
Mrapp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:30 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: camping somewhere.
Posts: 166
Ours is a 1998 Concept Omega all electric 45 foot Series 60 Detroit. All systems work as designed. #5524.
I have learned a lot about this coach, electronics are a little complex for my skill set. Mine is on a Gillig chassis.
I have replaced the tires and am working on all air bags, all coolant hoses switched to silicone and extended life coolant. One day I will figure out how to post a picture.
pogoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:38 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: camping somewhere.
Posts: 166
Mrapp14,
How many batteries did they put in and is yours all electric? Mine has 6- 8D batteries and I did forget my OTR air is inop too will fix it soon.
pogoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:28 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Rsponsford's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrapp14 View Post
New owner of a 97 concept even pushing 25 years old its an amazing bus inside n out .would like to hear from any of you still riding in style


Congratulations and welcome to the fold! We have a Ď90 Concept 36í Antares and love it. Incredibly well built coaches and as Andrew said, between the two of us alone we have gone through nearly every system on these fine coaches. Itís a labor of love, sometimes bordering on insanity. I donít log into this forum as often as I used to but please post anytime you have information to share or questions about your coach. No such thing as a stupid question and we all learn from each other. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8213.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	347415
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Russ
1990 Country Coach Concept 36' Antares
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 01:09 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Rsponsford's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrapp14 View Post
I can tell by the build of this thing it will be the last coach we will ever need , It has a Detroit 60 series in it a 105000 miles. Still trying to find 0 on it its got a lot of systems thatI was unaware of when we purchased I think that's a good thing... Not sure if the bus air works as I thought I had charging problems on the way home from Texas to Ohio someone had just put in new batteries and new twin zantac inverters , The only way I have any 12 V in the house is with the Ignition in on position I don't think that's correct. But outside of that we love this thing so far haven't made our 1st trip yet But it won't be long. But the thing is it's in our driveway and it's paid for so that's a superior bonus. Definitely good to hear there's still a few of us out here He's look forward to talking to you soon hopefully not about problems... lol


You are correct, other than some lighting and the over the road HVAC the ignition has almost nothing to do with having 12v to the house side of the coach. Iím assuming you had the Domestic Battery Disconnect Switch (DBDS, AKA ďsalesman switchĒ) in the ON position. If not, that would explain why you donít otherwise have 12v power to the house/domestic side of the coach. If the DBDS was ON then itís possible the switch is bad, or, the Domestic Battery Disconnect relay (a large relay controlled by the DBDS) has gone bad or is not functioning for some reason. The DBDS is just a remote switch to control the relay which is located inside your DC Distribution panel in the electrical bay. Start out with making sure the DBDS is working properly and then go from there. Circle back here with any questions anytime. You donít have to become an electrical engineer but start developing a basic understanding of how the electrical systems work. Your coach basically has three separate but interconnected electrical systems. You will find other owners here are more than happy to share information and experience. Have fun with it!

Russ
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Russ
1990 Country Coach Concept 36' Antares
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:24 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: camping somewhere.
Posts: 166
Hey Concept owners, my 1998 has 12 airbags, 10 are the same and the 2 tag lift bags are different. Gillig has the 10 common ones. $160 a bag, seems fair.
I have ordered some and was wondering if any of you has changed them out. How difficult is the job?


Thank you.
pogoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:40 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Rsponsford's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogoil View Post
Hey Concept owners, my 1998 has 12 airbags, 10 are the same and the 2 tag lift bags are different. Gillig has the 10 common ones. $160 a bag, seems fair.
I have ordered some and was wondering if any of you has changed them out. How difficult is the job?


Thank you.


I do most of the work on my Concept myself but I had a shop change out my air springs while they were already doing the front brakes. From what the shop told me itís not too bad of a job as long as you have the proper (large/heavy duty) tools for the job. Iím assuming you have to remove the wheels. Make sure you place the jacks and stands in the proper locations on the frame so as not to tweak anything. If you are thinking of doing any of shocks this would be a good time to do that as well. That sounds like a good price from Gillig.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Russ
1990 Country Coach Concept 36' Antares
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 03:33 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
deandec's Avatar
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsponsford View Post
You are correct, other than some lighting and the over the road HVAC the ignition has almost nothing to do with having 12v to the house side of the coach. Iím assuming you had the Domestic Battery Disconnect Switch (DBDS, AKA ďsalesman switchĒ) in the ON position. If not, that would explain why you donít otherwise have 12v power to the house/domestic side of the coach. If the DBDS was ON then itís possible the switch is bad, or, the Domestic Battery Disconnect relay (a large relay controlled by the DBDS) has gone bad or is not functioning for some reason. The DBDS is just a remote switch to control the relay which is located inside your DC Distribution panel in the electrical bay. Start out with making sure the DBDS is working properly and then go from there. Circle back here with any questions anytime. You donít have to become an electrical engineer but start developing a basic understanding of how the electrical systems work. Your coach basically has three separate but interconnected electrical systems. You will find other owners here are more than happy to share information and experience. Have fun with it!

Russ
Many Country Coach rigs have 300A inline fuses between the inverter and house batteries. On my rig the one in the battery compartment was blown by a Shop trying to charge my house batteries. I have two such fuses.

The result was no 12v power for the house side.
__________________
Dean
1995 38' CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
Gillig Bus Chassis
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:35 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Versailles, KY
Posts: 17
That is a beautiful Concept Mrapp14. It looks like it was well taken care of as well.

We love our '98 Concept Alpha 40'. The previous owner put in a slide in the living room, which is great. The Series 60 runs great and needed a few things but overall it is great. I overhauled our OTR air and it works but I am planning to replace the front dash unit so that I can get rid of the vacuum controls and vacuum pump.

I'm working on a complete electrical overhaul with new inverters and LiFePoe batteries. Hauling around 6 8D batteries is crazy but I guess with the overall weight of these coaches its not that big of a deal.

I started having some electrical gremlins and I had to replace the CC Compudigital Dash with the Silverleaf VMS 755 glass dash. Now the fuel gauge has stopped working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4601404_4.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	379.0 KB
ID:	348865  
__________________
'98 Country Coach Concept 40'
davzcarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:22 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 7
Thanks bud a little at a time is all I can do I retired early for a lot of reasons lol I've about got everything sorted out... new fridge was a must per the wife ac work is on hold since it's 30deg. Out side lol heat strips all work furnace seems to struggle I'll have those serviced in fla as I don't plan on using them much water is hot tho so I think it's a cerc pump issue did the silverleaf dash up date we are about ready to roll hope to see you on the road or camp sometime. Take it easy man.
Mrapp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there still any shorter 5th wheel THs out there? Nlambert Toy Haulers Discussion 10 10-25-2021 07:31 AM
Are there any Leisure Travel Libero owners out there? szn8tt Class C Motorhome Discussions 3 01-02-2019 03:03 PM
Any Concept owners out there? Wakebd Country Coach Owners Forum 76 08-07-2018 11:39 AM
Are there any Country Coach Lexa owners out there brandonklink Class A Motorhome Discussions 1 04-08-2014 10:19 AM
Hello! Are there any Winn Spectrum 2000 Owners out there? Beancounter Vintage RV's 4 07-31-2012 11:54 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.