Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any news from Winnebago/CC in JC?

Just wondering if anyone has been to CC in Junction City recently? If so, do they seem to be more ramped up in terms of production? We were there in September and most folks were telling us they would be running full bore by Spring of 2017.

Doug Beaudry also told me they were negotiating with the town/city? to get access to an old full hook up RV park to use for service customers.

I have met several fellow CC owners on our current trip in FL/SC and we've all wondered how things are progressing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

I was there in early December. They are producing the Tour model there and have released a few. In fact, a driver was waiting for it to be ready for delivery while I was there. No word on any type of CC production on the horizon that I'm aware of. They do have a "store" dedicated to CC since they bought the inventory of apparel (hats, shirts, cups, etc) and I understand they still have parts available, as well as all of the production molds and proprietary items. As far as repairs for existing CC, I would rather use Premier RV right next door to them.

As far as an RV park, Guarantee is just across the highway and have a new park opening up, if not already open for business.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #3

Any news from Winnebago/CC in JC?

All,

Had need to call the factory earlier this week - I must remember the 8 hour time difference from this side of the pond!!

Apparently they are producing about 2 'W' units a week at present - hoping to ramp up to about 5 'W' units a week as the year progresses

Talk / plans then of firing up new CC production

The guys I spoke to are all looking forward to that day and are enthusiastic

(Nothing official - just two CC guys catching up after a while)

With best wishes to all from the UK

Ian S.
Exeter, UK
2005 Allure 430 Hood River #31321
Cat C9 400 bhp 9DG02935
Allison 3000MH
IanSmith-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #4

Heard they would start in 2018 at earliest but on special Spartan chassis.
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Any word of them ever resurrecting the Dynamax chassis?

As to the W's.....
I'd like to see the W units they have produced. Two to five coaches per week is much slower than the Forest City plant (I think). At that slower rate they're probably built very well with more attention to detail in theory. My coach is built well, but you know what I mean.....just less time stress.

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #6

"Any word of them ever resurrecting the Dynamax chassis?"

The Dynamax chassis was not built by CC. CC built a DynoMax chassis and I doubt that Winnie will ever bring it back. I don't think we will ever see another CC being built to the specifications and quality of those in the past.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
My apologies, I spelled that wrong. In an after thought I realized it, "o" not "a".

I am still in hopes as I've said before, that they do this right. The talk I have heard suggests that they intend to do justice to the CC legacy. Working with Bob Lee in that effort I'm told. I hope it's all true and the first new CC off the line is a dandy. I'm anxious to see it.

They've just gotta do this right or it's a fail. Stay true to the original way or it just won't be a CC. It's that simple. Well we'll see I guess.

Regards,
W.D.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Any word of them ever resurrecting the Dynamax chassis?

As to the W's.....
I'd like to see the W units they have produced. Two to five coaches per week is much slower than the Forest City plant (I think). At that slower rate they're probably built very well with more attention to detail in theory. My coach is built well, but you know what I mean.....just less time stress.

Regards,
W.D.
Only if the Spartan chassis CC is a retail success then you may see a dynomax chassis again.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:21 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
When we were there this past Sept, I spoke with one of their chassis mechanics who had been with the original CC. He said the 2016 Allure that was built for Ron Lee was built on a leftover Dynomax that was heavily modified for the engine and that the tooling to build more was no longer available. It was his opinion that if Winnebago decides to build CC's again, it will likely be on a special order Spartan chassis. That makes sense to me. Even Foretravel has stopped building their own chassis and is now using a Spartan.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #10

Not entirely with foretravel. Yes they have a Spartan chassis option but on a production line coach. All special order and custom coaches still have the travel ride LL chassis.

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 02-18-2017, 06:12 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinityfan View Post
Not entirely with foretravel. Yes they have a Spartan chassis option but on a production line coach. All special order and custom coaches still have the travel ride LL chassis.

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
We saw both the Realm and their more custom IH-45 at the Tampa show. They also had a Spartan 'Travel Ride III' chassis on display. The Foretravel salesman told us they were no longer building their own chassis in house and were using the Spartan K3GT for the Realm and the new tweaked Spartan K3GT for the IH-45.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f109/last...ne-322378.html
Old 02-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #12

smlranger - Minor, but suspect you meant Ron Lee vs Bob Lee.

On the chassis conversation, I see it this way...

1) Custom low volume chassis are an expensive product to design and produce.

2) Spartan, and also Freightliner, have many various levels of chassis. I believe their upper end chassis's have come up in the design and quality levels to be as close to a custom 'one off coach builder design' chassis as possible. Toss in the fact that some of the larger coach manufactures are able to negotiate customized chassis - which allows the marketing gang to point out the virtues of why their Spartan xxx or Freightliner xxx chassis is better then those used by the other coach manufactures...

Just an opinion. 10, 15 years ago The Foretravel, Country Coach, Monaco's top dawg Roadmaster, chassis were say a 9.5-10 out of a scale of 10. Vs the mass produced mere mortal coaches using chassis by Spartan and Freightliner of say from a 4-5 and up to say a 7-8 rating out of the scale of 10. (Sorry if that was not clear, but intent was to show that the custom chassis were in some case quite a few notches above what was available in other coaches.) (And, probably should have tossed in Magnum, and WRV's Peak chassis into this mix too... And others, as you go back in time!

IMO, a chassis main duties are to provide a solid/rigid foundation to build the coach upon. While providing excellent/safe driving handling and comfort characteristics. The upper end chassis out of Spartan and Freightliner, can do this in a much closer way then they used to be able too...

And yes, I'm a fan of the Dynomax chassis too... an earned reputation for being chassis of good quality. (And like all things, different levels based upon the coach model.) So not saying I'd not like to see the CC Heritage continued!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
smlranger - Minor, but suspect you meant Ron Lee vs Bob Lee.
Hey Smitty,
That would be me in my previous post, yes I meant Ron not Bob. Apologies for my errors in my typing haste getting ahead of my thinking. [emoji1]

In example I was referring to the prototype Allure and working close with WBGO. I thought that was encouraging.

Regards,
W.D.

Tags
winnebago