Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Hmmm... Guess you haven't been close to the situation, nor read the post on the Winnebago/CC website. Winnebago bought everything that Ron owned when he bought out CC. ALL of the tooling, jigs, forms and remaining spare parts as well as the intellectual property.
Regardless what is said, that does not mean it comes true.You can wish all you want, however I judge the future by the past. I am not trying to be negative , just practial. I was told a lot of material was lost , went to the junk yard, and it would be very difficult tcrank up production again. Ones and twos does not a production line make. Are you aware of any parts the new CC made ?

When it comes to intellectual property, that only as good as the demand, sometimes we would be better without it., Last year I had to replace my tag axle assembly. It was built by Ridewell for Gillig however Ridewell could not make a new one for me because it was propiarity th Gillig. It took over two weeks for Gillig to finally allow Ridewell to make another. It was not just the time, it also was an extra 1,000 tacked on to my bill !

So , yes I know the promises and I hope Winnie will continue to keep CC going as we know it, it's just history has proven otherwise.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #58

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I am not trying to be negative
Well, I'm glad for that.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #59

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
That's what Gary Obmeier told me too when I asked. ...There is more than one principal involved also. Gary is the one that told me about the CC property and the lack of a buyer, available listing for several years.

You can check Lane County tax records if your curiosity is strong enough to drive you to action. ;-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461429092.563867.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	124985
Old 04-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
You can check Lane County tax records if your curiosity is strong enough to drive you to action. ;-)

Attachment 124985
And just what action are you speaking of ? Basically , none of our business......or at lest not until its all history. There are already thousands of Country Coach owners , they are all history, as well are their coaches. that can not change.

On a positive note, I just received word over 20 circuit boards I sent to CC for repair have been received and they are working on restoration.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:36 PM   #61

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
And just what action are you speaking of ? Basically , none of our business......or at lest not until its all history. There are already thousands of Country Coach owners , they are all history, as well are their coaches. that can not change.

On a positive note, I just received word over 20 circuit boards I sent to CC for repair have been received and they are working on restoration.
Appears you are looking for conflict, so find it someplace else.
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:47 PM   #62

Quote:
Appears you are looking for conflict, so find it someplace else.
No conflict, you should go back and read my posts, especially if you are attempting to label me . If you think I am wrong in my posts, tell me what and why. Very hard to defend innuendos , not knowing what it is that bothers you.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:06 AM   #63

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
No conflict, you should go back and read my posts, especially if you are attempting to label me . If you think I am wrong in my posts, tell me what and why. Very hard to defend innuendos , not knowing what it is that bothers you.
No labeling here. You were expounding on ownership of CC properties and I shared info on how if you were curious enough about it then you could take ACTION to find out ownership issues by going to county tax records. You were the person talking about ownership and when I pointed out to you how that could be determined then you came back wit "it's non of our business" yet you were the person who brought up the ownership in the 1st place. So, I am assuming it is your business to know but not others business. Strange.
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #64

Quote:
No labeling here. You were expounding on ownership of CC properties and I shared info on how if you were curious enough about it then you could take ACTION to find out ownership issues by going to county tax records. You were the person talking about ownership and when I pointed out to you how that could be determined then you came back wit "it's non of our business" yet you were the person who brought up the ownership in the 1st place. So, I am assuming it is your business to know but not others business. Strange.
Fair enough , however I think the Origional conversation was not asked about property ownership directly . I do not think there was any disagreement there. My statement was to point out that the sale of CC to Winnie was all about selling the property. We all know who owned it, and it was for sale for quite sometime, without a buyer. The way it looked too me was that the " new" CC was from the start designed around selling the property/ business. I do not see that as a negative , some do . Business is business, my multi comments that from past sales and " mergers" of other enterprises thru history has proven out what I have been saying.

Regarding the property sold to Premier , just in passing comments with Mr D about the principals of ownership and any effect the sale of CC to Winnie might influence. We have been told no, I have not questioned that further. As owners of Country Coaches we all have a vested interest in what happens to the Company, that goes without saying. Property tax records would not tell us much ether . With most buyouts ,intent is 90 percent of the deal, as consumers we are not privilege to that insider info. , at lest not for years later from looking at what history has shown us.