Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2016, 10:29 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Anybody run into this?

In the thread titled "Build Sheet" the OP stated that Winnebago has lost ALL the files from CC when they were trying to move them over from CC.

I sure hope for all of us CC owners that they are NOT lost or can be rescued somehow!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2016, 11:43 PM   #2

Sounds like an inquiry to Winnebago is in order
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:04 AM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Sounds like an inquiry to Winnebago is in order
Winnebago is who said they were "lost" That would seem to be a lot of what Winnebago bought when they bought CC. Without those files it's going to be really tough to bring the CC name back to life.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:05 AM   #4

That's not good. Loosing build sheets is like loosing birth certificates. I cannot imagine they were that careless.

Someone from the old CC probably knows where they are, IMHO. I would imagine they are electronic and there are backup copies somewhere.

My thoughts.
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
That's not good. Loosing build sheets is like loosing birth certificates. I cannot imagine they were that careless.

Someone from the old CC probably knows where they are, IMHO. I would imagine they are electronic and there are backup copies somewhere.

My thoughts.
Brian
I may have been underground a month or two, but the question arrives in big letters. Is CC service facility still in operation ? I have not heard otherwise , sounds like misinformation. That said, many of us who have older Coaches never had " build sheet" ever. I was told from the factory several times that most build records were mixed amoung years at best, and the memory factor from those who were around when our builds emerged served us best when needing specific info.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #6

Build sheets

I have my build sheet. I assume it was included in the coach delivery package.
Rj 2005 Inspire #51264
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #7

CC gave me a copy of our build sheet when we went to the factory in JC a few years back. The idea that Winnebago lost of the data sounds so questionable I am just going assume this is an error.

I just got back today from a Winnebago Rally /WIT club rally in Palm Desert CA. I can tell you that Country Coach people were welcomed there specifically. The factory person who gave a speech the first day specifically said that Winnebago would be building a Country Coach. He said he did not know exactly how it would be configured, but he said he was sure there was one coming.

He also said that plans were moving right along to make class A Winnebagos in Junction City soon.

My point being that a large well organized company like Winnebago that specifically welcomed CC owners and talked about the companies plan to make CC's in the future would not lose the history documents.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
In the thread titled "Build Sheet" the OP stated that Winnebago has lost ALL the files from CC when they were trying to move them over from CC.

I sure hope for all of us CC owners that they are NOT lost or can be rescued somehow!!

New CC has them the sever was just down.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
New CC has them the sever was just down.

Let me guess, were they running Windows 8?
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Let me guess, were they running Windows 8?
Off topic switch on: I'm going to Linux.
Off topic switch off: They (Winnebago) moved the Junction City service center across the street. It would not be surprising to hear of occasional hiccups.

As to the "build sheet", it's really an order form. It's fine for listing colors, fabrics, furniture, etc. but little real data.

As has already been mentioned in the other thread on this topic, the most useful information is on the sticker in the medicine cabinet.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #11

Most likely DOS....
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #12

Food for thought.........examples of other Companies that " take over " troubled builders are all subject to the same problems. Corporate thoughts run along the lines of promoting NEW ideas, not old. Look what happened when Navastar got Monaco...a mess and short lived .. I have seen this many times in the Automative world, all the way back to 1954 when Packard merged with Studeabaker . That was ( 1956 ) the end of Americas top Automative brand....and no one expected that at the time. Mergers and buyouts do not work as a whole. CC IS DEAD forget about it ever returning. Winnabago builds volume low cost products. If they build a copy cat CC , it will be short lived and will not compare in anyway with a true Country Coach. Don't be fooled with corporate words, they are worthless !
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #13

darstar - I disagree with several of your comments.

"take over " troubled builders are all subject to the same problems." Country Coach Corporation started up by Ron and Bob Lee in about 2011 was not a troubled builder. They created a successful service and parts organization which we used a number of times. They built one motorhome from scratch. They sold a well run successful operation to another successful company Winnebago.

" I have seen this many times in the Automative world, all the way back to 1954 when Packard merged with Studeabaker . That was ( 1956 ) the end of Americas top Automative brand....and no one expected that at the time." Packard died at their own hands. In 1954-1956 far an away Americas top brand was GM. When Studebaker and Packard combined in 1954 they were both in trouble. Combining two troubled companies usually makes for a larger troubled company, and in this case that happened.

"CC IS DEAD forget about it ever returning. Winnabago builds volume low cost products. If they build a copy cat CC , it will be short lived and will not compare in anyway with a true Country Coach." I was just at a Winnebago rally in Palm Springs and doubt that your statement has any validity. What was said at this meeting was that Winnebago was likely to build a model called Country Coach by Winnebago. But that was it, no details. So I don't think they plan to build a copy cat Country Coach.

Plus I do not agree that Winnebago only builds volume low cost products. What I saw at the rally was a variety of lower cost to mid range RV's. I looked inside a few and think Winnebago does a good job of making things that people want to buy. Their Tour is a very nice mid range motorhome that competes with similar products from Newmar and Tiffin.

Your comment about CC being dead could not be more wrong in my view. CC is very alive and at this time is gearing up to make motorhomes that Winnebago has so many orders for they can't fill the orders. This is a win situation for everyone that is not wallowing in the past.

Newmar and Tiffin both make higher end models than Winnebago, Zepher and King Aire. Plus Fleetwood has had the American Coach line. So the purchase of Country Coach adds the possibility to Winnebago of coming out with a higher end line to compete with those top coaches. Will it be a gussied up Winnebago with a CC label on it? Or will it be a custom Country Coach chassis with the high quality house we have all come to expect from Country Coach? I don't know and I would say that no one knows for certain how things will play out. I would suspect that if the RV market stays good like it has been the last couple of years that there would be room for coaches with a semi-monocoque welded steel Dynamax chassis and high quality house. I would also guess that there will be a cross over model that has a Freightliner chassis and higher end box with some of the usual CC high quality components.

But we shall all see. I think that Winnebago is really the perfect buyer for Country Coach. There is mutual reasons for the merger.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:04 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with BBob. Winnebago had its own higher line of coaches some years ago (the Ultimate Advantage and Ultimate Freedom). With the increase in demand for coaches, building a Country Coach will let them again offer something like Entegra's Cornerstone, Tiffin's Zephyr, Newmar's Essex/London Aire/King Aire, etc. Also, it appears that Beaver is making plans to get back into building coaches. With all the Baby Boomers with some bucks, I think it just makes sense.

Also, Winnebago won't have to reinvent CC..... as noted Ron and his team just completed construction of a new Allure so the platform is in place. Top that off with what likely is more than a few former CC employees in Oregon who can be tapped to work in the reborn factory.

Nothing is certain, for sure but it does seem to make sense that Winnebago would benefit from their consistently stated goal to build CC's again.... not simply re-badged Winnebago's but a real CC.