Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #1

Anyone install flooring / replacing carpet in Allure?

We have a 2006 CC Allure 430. The previous owner changed out the carpet in the Living Room with tile - installing at the same height as the tile in the kitchen. Looks great.
However, our coach is in for delamination repair. During the inspection, we mentioned our drivers side LR slide seemed to hang up a little in and out but was going in and out and there were some scratches occurring in the tile on each end but mainly toward the front.
The repair shop told us these slides are meant to slide on carpet and not flooring. Checked the underside of slide where it slides and it looked okay. However, later down the road under more inspection he is saying the floor is too high and pushing the slide up against the aluminum channel / seal at top of slide. So they are saying we need to tear out floor and put carpet back in.
Initially we thought we could use the slide-on slickers but if the slide is already riding high - that is not going to solve the problem.
Has anyone else installed floor and run into this issue? Is there anyway to get around this? One - I don’t want rug and Two - it is another $7K in cost on top of already huge delamination repairs.
Any thoughts welcomed!
Racing4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2018, 08:54 AM   #2

Last year we replaced all the flooring in the coach. Replaced it with the vinyl looking wood planks, 7" wide 48" long. Looks great. Biggest problem was prepping the plywood floor for the vinyl. It needs to be absolutely flat, no nails, tacks or staples left poking up.

We had carpet in the bedroom and front, tile in the bath and kitchen. The vinyl is less weight and thinner than either carpet and tile and a ton easier to clean.

Cost was $1500 labor and $700 for material. Very pleased with the results.

Good luck
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Enjoying it while we can. 200,000+ and counting!
Burfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #3

May I ask who did the labor?
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #4

Okay so vinyl makes sense I guess. It wouldn’t raise the height of your slide - might lower it? Does your slide slide on the tile or does it have rollers? Ours is meant to slide - there are no rollers. Or do you use those slide on slickers to protect your floor?
My issue is the previous owner put in tile - so it is higher than carpet - wondering if anyone did this?
Racing4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
May I ask who did the labor?
C & C RV Auto Upholstery
Cesar Palacios
9417 E. Main St.
Mesa, AZ
Cell 602-418-4810

Cesar installed new carpet in our coach back in '05 and did a great job. I pulled up the tile and carpeting but just wasn't ready to prep the floor. He did a great job on the installation. He also recovered my captain chairs and both look like new.

Small shop, looks rough but the work is quality.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Old 05-23-2018, 10:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMount10 View Post
Okay so vinyl makes sense I guess. It wouldn’t raise the height of your slide - might lower it? Does your slide slide on the tile or does it have rollers? Ours is meant to slide - there are no rollers. Or do you use those slide on slickers to protect your floor?
My issue is the previous owner put in tile - so it is higher than carpet - wondering if anyone did this?
As far as I can tell our slide does not ride on the floor, at least I can't find any rollers. What I like about the vinyl is it flexes with the movement of the coach. We have hardwood floors in our home and wanted basically the same look in the coach.

My buddy put engineered wood floors in his Monaco. Looks good but I'll stick with my vinyl.

If I could ever figure out how to post a picture on here I would do so and show you the final product.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Old 05-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMount10 View Post
My wife is not a fan of the carpet. What I would do, as in this coach cut out the tile on the slide side and replace it with rug. I think you could go maybe 2' from the leading edge of the slide so the slide has rug to slide on but still have the tile.

https://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.a...SearchMethod=1
My slide works the same way, sliding on the rug. Check the 4 bolts that hold the gear box in place because they will work there way out. I applied blue loctite on the bolts.

2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #8

Thank you. We have had wood flooring (purchased from Floor Decor) in the front. We have enough to do the back and now we have someone to do it. Thank u!
Old 05-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #9

FYI - we spend about 7 months in Casa Grande.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfalch View Post
Thank you. We have had wood flooring (purchased from Floor Decor) in the front. We have enough to do the back and now we have someone to do it. Thank u!
Like i said the shop is not pretty but I have been there three times and each time the job was done with quality.

Good luck...
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Old 05-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfman View Post
Last year we replaced all the flooring in the coach. Replaced it with the vinyl looking wood planks, 7" wide 48" long. Looks great. Biggest problem was prepping the plywood floor for the vinyl. It needs to be absolutely flat, no nails, tacks or staples left poking up.

We had carpet in the bedroom and front, tile in the bath and kitchen. The vinyl is less weight and thinner than either carpet and tile and a ton easier to clean.

Cost was $1500 labor and $700 for material. Very pleased with the results.

Good luck
bill,
did you buy the vinyl planks or the shop got it for you? what brand of the plank?
in the bathroom, did you change the tiles out or kept it as was?
in front of pilot chair, did you replace the carpet with vinyl?
thanks.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
bill,
did you buy the vinyl planks or the shop got it for you? what brand of the plank?
in the bathroom, did you change the tiles out or kept it as was?
in front of pilot chair, did you replace the carpet with vinyl?
thanks.
We bought the planks from a store in Scottsdale and paid I think too much but the wife liked them so a "happy wife is a happy life".
Arizona Hardwood Floor and Supply. 480-607-1919. (White Oak) VD-AWH7
Total cost $775.15

Pulled all tile and carpet, installed front to rear wood looking floors. So much easier to clean. Left the carpet around the steering post and the peddles only because the installer didn't want to mess with them. Not a big deal to me. Looks OK.

PM me with your email and I can send some pics.
'99 Allure 36' #30307
Old 05-23-2018, 06:59 PM   #13
Community Moderator

pm sent
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:44 AM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
We had our old floor removed and replaced it with one sheet of vinyl wood looking floor. It was is fantastic. It looks good and is easy and simple to keep clean. On thing that I'm amazed with is how much stuff gets tracked in even with leaving shoes outside. All that stuff use to end up in the carpet and I'm sure only part of it would be removed by vacuuming. Ours was done at Oregon Motor Coach in Eugene, Or.
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet, floor, flooring, install