Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Aqua Hot low voltage light and 30 Amp power charging

Hello,

I am a new owner of an 09 Affinity. it has Aqua hot which was in my last coach. Over the past few days I had the coach plugged in at home (i only have a 30 amp service for the RV at home) and have been running the Aqua hot as it is rather cool here in Canada. All was fine until yesterday when I noticed the system was not working. When I started to look into why I noticed the the Aqua hot control board had the low voltage light on. In checking the batteries I noticed the batteries had not been charging.

I then moved the coach to a spot at a neighbors with 50 Amp power and the batteries began to charge. I reset the Aqua hot and all is well.

My question is can you run your Aqua hot on 30 Amp Power? If you can should you run more than one zone at a time? Can you charge your batteries on 30 Amp power? If you can how do you enable it? What I saw is when 50 Amp power is connect the charging just began.

I hope I explained this well enough.....

2-Nickels
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My AquaHot and charger work fine on 30 amp power, although I can't run both elements unless on 50 amps.
Do any error messages show up on the SilverLeaf? Mine shows an "inverter fault" at times and I have to crawl in and reset the inverter
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Same here. AH works fine on 30a. I also throw a few of those little dehumidifier heaters they use in boats in winter. I keep one plugged in the front entry way and another in the bedroom. Then running AH electric with the thermostat set to 45.... all is nice and snuggly warm in the winter. Even here in Oregon (where most of this winter was 30 and damp).
Snocat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:01 AM   #4

Thank you Gentleman,

I didn't notice any messages on my Silverleaf. I did notice the charger for he batteries was working plugged into 50 but not on 30 Amp. When plugged into 30 I changed the Silverleaf AC power setting to manage 30 vs the 50 it was on. Have you ever had to enable the battery chargers (inverters do this I believe)? I did remember to turn off the elements on 30 as I was told there is not enough power on 30. Z
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snocat4 View Post
Same here. AH works fine on 30a. I also throw a few of those little dehumidifier heaters they use in boats in winter. I keep one plugged in the front entry way and another in the bedroom. Then running AH electric with the thermostat set to 45.... all is nice and snuggly warm in the winter. Even here in Oregon (where most of this winter was 30 and damp).
To clarify, you use the portable heaters to keep the coach above freezing and use the AH electric elements to keep the water temps above freezing, correct? How do you ensure the wet bay doesn't freeze?

I also live in Oregon and this was the first year with this coach. I used the AH (HydroHot in my case) in diesel mode, along with a supplemental ceramic heater in the wet bay (probably overkill). Perhaps I don't quite understand how the electric portion of the AH works.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The plumbing bays have their own heat down there and yes that is why I keep the AH on electric. Although my home electric bill was crazy this winter (not related to the RV) so for a couple of those really cold periods I kept the AH on diesel. That worked great as well. I keep all the slides in and the curtains all drawn. Basement and plumbing bay are nice and toasty (oh so as to not rely on the unreliable Silverleaf, i put a couple remote controlled temp readers downstairs and in the plumbing so i could always see the temp there which all winter stayed around 55)

Those little dehumidifiers inside the coach plug into the standard wall plugs and they put off a nice little warmth (enough to keep the chill out of the air) and surprisingly enough my remote temp reader almost always read 57 right at the kitchen dinette (one dehumidifier is on the entryway tile and the other is in front of the shower.) Those run 247 from about November until late March. They're for boats but work awesome.
Snocat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlAda View Post
To clarify, you use the portable heaters to keep the coach above freezing and use the AH electric elements to keep the water temps above freezing, correct? How do you ensure the wet bay doesn't freeze?

I also live in Oregon and this was the first year with this coach. I used the AH (HydroHot in my case) in diesel mode, along with a supplemental ceramic heater in the wet bay (probably overkill). Perhaps I don't quite understand how the electric portion of the AH works.
Carl:
My AquaHot has a thermostat in the wet bay, turns the pump on when needed to keep the bay above freezing no matter whether the electric elements or burner are in use.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #8

Thanks!
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, light, power