Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
AquaHot heat exchangers blowing fuse

Hi It seems that the 15 amp fuse that provides power to the dash and galley heat exchangers (b slide) keeps blowing when heat is called for but does not blow when heat is shut off. Of course none of the fans are easy to get to. Any words of wisdom or advise would be helpful.

07 Affinity Alexander Valley
Thanks
jwlce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2021, 07:17 PM   #2

The 24V heatilator fan motor running at 12V is failing is drawing too much current. It will need to be replaced, in y opinion.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:29 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Jim Check this out it might give you some clue -
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/aqu...rs-179835.html
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #4

You are correct it was the unit under the fridge. Now unplugged.
Thanks Again
Old 01-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Glad you nailed it
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:33 AM   #6

Once identified that it was the blower I had to remove the fridge to get at it. Unfortunately the one under the washer was sick as well. It wasn't going to come out without hacking up the cabinet. (they put the tile floor in after the cabinet so it did not clear) Having a 3d printer I made up the following that replace the plastic hose connectors on the heat exchanger and used 45 cfm 90mm computer case cooling fans. If anyone needs the 3d file for this let me know I will need to send via e mail. (775kb) They seem to work well airflow is a bit less than the original but the air temp is higher. It does keep the coach warm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2400.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	314909   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2402.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	314910  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2403.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	314911  
Old 01-23-2021, 11:15 AM   #7

Fans and 3D printing

I just read jwise's post and took a quick class (via YouTube) about 3D printing.

I have a fan that went out also. Where can I go to pay for a 3D printed fan? And about how much can I expect to pay? Also, what price would I have to pay for a 3D printer that works like yours?
efstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:17 AM   #8

Oops, sorry, I re-read your post and realized that you printed the plastic connectors and not the fans. Same questions apply about the connectors. Thanks!
efstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:09 AM   #9

Not that I am any great expert on 3d printers or printing. The unit I purchased was for a Covid 19 winter project and came in a kit. I purchased it from Prusa Research (https://www.prusa3d.com) and it was a fun project to build. Documentation for the build is very good and all tools are included. Software comes in 2 parts. 1) Is design and there are some no cost and very powerful design tools available as well as a basic version called 3d builder from Microsoft as an app. 2) Is "slicing" software that is supplied by Prusa. The slicing software takes the design file and converts it to "g code" that the printer understands. I chose printer of slightly larger build volume and a greater variety of plastics and composites but these could be printed on the Mini. There are many other printers out for less money but Prusa had better reviews for print quality and features. These were used using a filament printer essentially using a thick fishing line as the medium. There are resin based printers that use a liquid resin have a higher cost, resolution, but generally a smaller build volume. I stayed away in that I do not think they would stand idle for any length of time with out issues.

As for printing services there are many on the web and I have not used any of them so I cannot really recommend any specific printer. I will say that when I didn't have a 3d printer I could not think of why I would need one. After getting one I could not imagine not having one!

Best Jim

I hope this explanation is helpful.

Tags
fuse, heat