Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2015, 03:22 PM   #1

Backup monitor problem

I have a Panasonic radio/CD/monitor that recesses into the dash.....push the open button and it is suppose to come up and out.....the model number is CQ-VA707WEUC......it worked before I took the power away when changing the chassis battery.....It probably needs to be reset....but I don't have a remote......can anyone help me get this working again....??
daryl989mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi
Do you have the manual? Here is a download for it if not.
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER...QVA707WEUC.PDF It may have the answer. You can also get a remote from them or on ebay I am sure. You want one anyway so you can work it from the table. They aren't cheap but it might be worth it.
Kahoona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:18 AM   #3

I have the same unit, and after a shop visit mine will no longer "pop out". The radio still works. When I push the open button, I get the beeps indicating it is about to open, but nothing happens. I guess I need to figure out how to pull it out and hit that reset button in the back?
Mckeerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #4

Reset button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeerw View Post
I have the same unit, and after a shop visit mine will no longer "pop out". The radio still works. When I push the open button, I get the beeps indicating it is about to open, but nothing happens. I guess I need to figure out how to pull it out and hit that reset button in the back?
I am not sure what they mean by the display unit and the control unit......in the manual one would believe they are two separate pieces...but I don't seem to find the control unit which has the reset button on the rear.....Can you find a second unit under your dash or anywhere? The display unit is the monitor/cd/monitor that pops out......thanks for your reply Richard.....
Old 07-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Another wild idea! or two

Make a call to Kevin Waite or Bob Vinson. Both were CC techs before CC went belly up. They know a lot about the systems installed on the coaches.

The next thing I would do is try and fine the last owner and see if he remembers the code
Old 07-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just bought a remote for our Kenwood dash unit off eBay, cost me about $24.00. Seems ours got lost between the original owner and our purchasing it. Got it today and just barely had time to verify it works.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #7

Call the techs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Another wild idea! or two

Make a call to Kevin Waite or Bob Vinson. Both were CC techs before CC went belly up. They know a lot about the systems installed on the coaches.

The next thing I would do is try and fine the last owner and see if he remembers the code
Have not tried to locate the two techs mentioned above....before I ask if you know their numbers or where they might be found...it would be great to make contact with them....I am sure they have death with my problem...
Old 07-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl989mich View Post
Have not tried to locate the two techs mentioned above....before I ask if you know their numbers or where they might be found...it would be great to make contact with them....I am sure they have death with my problem...
You can reach Bob here: RV | Motorcoach Service | Upgrades | Repair | Custom Coach Service

Kevin is here:
K&M Mobile RV Repair LLC
95430 Noraton Rd.
Junction City, OR. 97448

541-953-6162 (Cell)
kvn.wt.7629@gmail.com

These two guys worked for CC back in the old days and both are excellent techs. Don't know if they can help with your current problem but anything else, they can handle
Old 07-11-2015, 07:09 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl989mich View Post
I am not sure what they mean by the display unit and the control unit......in the manual one would believe they are two separate pieces...but I don't seem to find the control unit which has the reset button on the rear.....Can you find a second unit under your dash or anywhere? The display unit is the monitor/cd/monitor that pops out......thanks for your reply Richard.....
I found the user manual here
CQ-VA707WEUC - PanasonicB2C
and it shows the reset button on the back.P67. I assume you have to pull it out.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:37 PM   #10

I'm tired of my Pioneer back up camera system working when it wants to, does anybody recommend a replacement model?
RJPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #11

Found a place nearby that has a (new) Pioneer system with all the bells I had with a few more whistles. Should be around $600
Old 08-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #12

Well, turns out the newer Pioneer unit isn't compatible with my older camera, so $600 quickly turned into $1200 and would take all day to run a new cable from the dash to the new camera!! I asked if a tech could look at my old Pioneer and see if he could get the camera to work. He pushed this and that and bingo, camera started to work! A programming issue that may have happened when I replaced my coach batteries. He charged me $45 and now I'm wondering how I'm going to spend the $555 I saved today :-)
Old 08-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #13

" He charged me $45 and now I'm wondering how I'm going to spend the $555 I saved today :-)"

I'll send you my address
Old 08-31-2015, 08:36 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
" He charged me $45 and now I'm wondering how I'm going to spend the $555 I saved today :-)"

I'll send you my address