Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
It's a common misconception that a 36' coach has a shorter wheelbase and can turn a tighter radius than a 40' (or even 42') coach. Actually a 40' tag axle coach can lift the tag with the flip of a switch and shorten the wheelbase by 48" and turn a tighter radius.
Of course most 40' plus coaches also have a larger wheel cut angle which helps.

We owned a 34' coach for several years and laid out our driveway based on it's turn radius. I was surprised when I found our longer tag axle coach easily turned inside the radius laid out for the 34' coach.
Hope this helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #44

Country Coach Owners Club
Our 97 Allure has the Cummins 6CTA,
8.3L 325 hp mechanical injectors, would love getting 425 HP out of it...
I know some of the boat 6CTAs run over 500 hp

1997 Country Coach Allure 32' 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK
SeaDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #45

As others stated I would be more concerned about how it was maintained then the miles.

A poorly maintained coach no matter how many miles can be a bad buy while a well maintained coach can be a good purchase.

The way DP’s ride, I wouldn’t be to concerned about how the inside holds together with 30k bs 60k miles,

Drive them, maintenance history #1, get the floor plan you prefer )
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:11 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
It's a common misconception that a 36' coach has a shorter wheelbase and can turn a tighter radius than a 40' (or even 42') coach. Actually a 40' tag axle coach can lift the tag with the flip of a switch and shorten the wheelbase by 48" and turn a tighter radius.
Of course most 40' plus coaches also have a larger wheel cut angle which helps.

We owned a 34' coach for several years and laid out our driveway based on it's turn radius. I was surprised when I found our longer tag axle coach easily turned inside the radius laid out for the 34' coach.
Hope this helps.
Vito - I'll second that many longer coaches with tags do have great turning radius! We moved from a Bounder T-28, on the first year of the V-10 F53, to our 40' Allure with tag. Our tree ends on crossroad in "T". Our Bounder, with the classic front F53 Beam suspension, required one stop, and back up, to complete making a U turn within the T to come back and park in front of our house. The 40' Allure, raise the tag, and can make a full U Turn within the T...

Now no question the tail swing on the 40' is more, and must be watched for. And also no question, that T-28 Bounder, and other shorter RV's - will fit into sites math our 40' just can not get into. Either by space constraint, or road access constraint.

But your comment was worth adding onto, as many think that these 40-42 feet coaches are difficult to maneuver - I find our Allure much easier to get into spots with, maneuvering wise, then our Bounder!

Best to you, and all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #47

I'm with the previous comment regarding price. Seems awfully high for that vintage.
fuchsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:30 PM   #48

Be sure to get maintenance records

A few comments

Agree with others - be sure you get maintenance records. Mileage is low for the year which may not be a good thing for a diesel.

Be sure you don’t have water damage or delamination on side walls.

CC is no longer in business and Winnebago no longer has any records of these coaches. I found this out first hand that they destroyed the history. While the west coast has several options for service, northeast has zero. Where we have been able to get service (middle of country) no shop has had a scan tool that works on our coach and it is a 2006 Allure.

They are beautiful coaches in general but I would not say they are built better than a Newmar which was our previous coach. However the CC handles way better!

Good luck!
Racing4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote