Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
As you know we didn't look for the lowest price, didn't get the lowest price, did all the testing of engine oil and change of all filters and still had very expensive repairs!
Yes, it can happen! And Mr D has been very kind to share his experiences with his Cummins ISX, to help educate others of the potential probability of problems with this specific year/model engine. (And he knows I know, and knows I sure care about what he went thru!)

That being said, I still maintain that 9 times out of 10 - you can receive great value by paying up a bit more to get a documented well cared for, and as mentioned upgraded (new tv's if appropriate, residential fridge conversion, solar panel systems, as some examples) coach. This is never a full 'win/win' situation, as you the seller very seldom recoups even 25% of the actual costs for these upgrades...

Sure beats buying a coach from a 'get in and drive' former owner!

Best to you Mr D., and all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:44 PM   #16

rsrs41@comcast.net info on the 37 ft 2005. Thanks
rodgerpatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:18 PM   #17

Oodle is good. Also RV Trader has a pretty good search function. We looked online from November until March and found a super nice 2000 Magna. It needs some work but noticing beyond our capabilities to perform and the dealer threw in a two year power train warranty.

There are a couple of other web sites I've already forgotten, but once you know kind of what you want, you'll recognize a good deal when you find it. I would also recommend one of the RV inspections services (like lemon squad). They are not 100% accurate but saves an airplane ticket and might help you uncover something the seller isn't even aware of. Also I did a vinaudit and Carfax which helped piece together the history and enabled me to contact the previous owner via telephone.
Fred
2000 CC Magna #5734
C-10 Cat Allison 4060
MN
Fredward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:33 AM   #18

Hello Country Coach Hunter

My wife and I are new to the iRV2 family, but since we purchased a CC, I can share with you what we did. As I am certain everyone here knows, CC was a Junction City, Oregon product, rivaled only in Oregon by the former Safari builders in the Bend area. Winnebago, took over servicing things from CC a while back and support the needs.

There are alot of CC's around, depending upon the year, length and power train you want. We wanted retro ('cause it's just us- we drive a 1963 Mercedes fin tail), and a Catepillar engine setup to avoid the modern diesels that have more EPA compliance rules. I have nothing against Cummins-their great! That said there are advantages to both. The new coaches have pullouts, and a six speed transmission capability (even if an add on), and that is desirable to many.

Because we chose the retro route CC and Foretravel were the only ones we considered. The right CC presented itself. We had to search for a year to find our dream coach with the right features, and traveled to Arizona from Oregon (go figure) to get it, which was part of the fun. There are many of the newer used coaches at local dealerships in Oregon, as it was originally from here, and most have some form of a website.

We searched the various RV websites, as usually the coaches are posted in multiple locations. We put earnest money down, and then paid in cash when we arrived. The dealer was willing to wait three weeks for us to arrange schedules. We were able to negotiate some included servicing to ours so it was pick up ready (I am sure many do this) and we landed, taxied out with suitcase in hand, test drove, purchased and drove off the lot in a couple of hours. My advice, make purchasing part of the adventure, and enjoy it.
1986CC38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolKerr View Post
We've finally narrowed our motorhome search to a high quality used coach -- preferably 38-42 foot with a tag axle. Needless to say Country Coach is high on our list. Wondering where the best place to find a good used coach is. We're located in far south Texas so it's a long way to anywhere for us :-)
If you're still looking, Premier in Junction City Oregon just sent an email with links to some of their coaches.

Premier - Junction City, OR

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:27 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
I conducted an extensive search when looking for ours, but couldn't find a good fit with dealer and online searches within a reasonable distance from South Carolina. West coast definitely has more to offer as far as CCs.

I started contacting some of the regional CC owners groups and the group leadership graciously sent out my wish list and e-mail address to the group membership. From this I received several "hits" from owners in the early stages of the for sale process - most not yet even advertised. The coach we bought was within three hours from home and in excellent shape. The PO actually bought another member's CC almost simultaneously.

Just a happy ending story about getting creative with searching for a great Country Coach.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
ace