Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2021, 12:44 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Bose 123 Center Speaker

Don’t give me wrong, I really enjoy the Bose stereo in our coach. However, when you watch TV through the Bose, it’s harder to understand the language because there’s no center speaker.

Has anyone added one? Is there a workaround and keep using the Bose?

Thanks!
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2021, 12:16 PM   #2

I believe you are referring to a Bose 3-2-1?

It is a 2.1 sound system. There is no output for the center channel. Is this original to the coach or was it added afterwards? The 3-2-1 is much better for music than for TV. I put one in my previous 1998 Allure.

My newer 2002 coach came with wiring for two front speakers, two rears and a subwoofer. I converted this to full 5.1 by putting in a Sony 5.1 amp and fastening the new center speaker up to the underside of the new 45 inch tv housing a cabinet maker friend of mine fabicated and we installed. It took a little testing with an ohm meter to figure out which wires ran to which speaker but it was eventually sorted and works great. You are right the dialogue is mainly on the center channel.

Tell us about the TV. Does it have a dedicated center speaker? If not you could try turning the TV speakers on, leaving the Bose 2.1 on and then adjusted the volume of the TV until you can hear the dialogue better. The Bose will eaily play over the other parts of the speaker output. To turn the TV speakers on go to the TV setup menu.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Mainecoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:40 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Mainecoons,

Thank you so much for the reply and help. Yes, 3-2-1, not 123. It is factory installed...so it is a vintage 2003 so there is no center channel. I like the idea of using the TV as the center channel, but have a brain freeze thinking about functionality. Ha!

How (or where) did you put your center speaker? I'll post pics of our configuration and would love to see yours!

Not sure why my footer did not appear, I posted using my iPhone (maybe that is why).

Again, thanks for your help!

JG
2003 CC Allure 36’ First Ave. #30914
Gatesway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:31 AM   #4

We made a custom cabinet for the 45 inch flat screen smart TV and fastened the center channel speaker to the underside. I did some more lookup on the 3-2-1 and it will not support a center speaker. So my best idea is to have the TV speakers on at the same time and adjust the volume there to help with hearing the dialogue. We did this with our last coach as we had the same problem hearing the speech. It depends on whether you can do this with your TV.

I would post pictures but we are in Mexico and the coach is in Las Cruces NM. Won't be up there until August thanks to covid craziness.
2002 Country Coach Allure 36 #30752, Double Slide
Mainecoons is offline   Reply With Quote