Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2019, 01:27 AM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Mr. Mark...true indeed.
Jean n Steve...He didn’t. I think he was ready. Roger was very accommodating and nice to work with. We plan on swinging through Des Moines and visit him when the IA State Fair is on. Good guy! By the by, retired USAF too and thank you both for your service!
sdblossom...you’ll know it’s right when you check out a MH out and go yeah, this is the one I’ve been looking for. It’ll all come together so happy hunting.
CC Veranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mark View Post
I always thought that the Veranda model would be perfect for someone/relative who has difficulty managing steps but wants to enjoy RVing.

The Veranda allows enjoyment of the outdoors even if the person needs a cane, walker or even a wheel chair. They don't have to worry about going up and down the steps as often.

Every motorhome has it's place and sometimes a limited market.

Safe travels!
Mark
Mark - Spot on assessment on the usability the Veranda provides to those with special needs. (And of course, those without too!)

We talked with a gent up in Hope, ID. He had just bought a lot, grandfathered in with septic and power. (A fire had burned down the small house, and the owner elected to take the insurance check. Wen tin and cleaned up the slab and built a nice approach to it. Still moved two 50A Power Poles/Water/Sewer hook ups to each end of the slab. And, he still had his dock out onto the lake.) The couple who bought it live and work in Spokane, and had bought a Veranda (Don't know which model.) to use on this lot. Their 20 something daughter is wheel chair bound. And she just loves sitting out on the Veranda with pine trees and lake to enjoy. They said they felt it was like a shot in the arm of joy to her, each time they'd come to what they called 'The Lake Escape!'.

Most people who go RV Park to RV Park, would probably not use the Veranda in a Park like setting. But boon docking, and other parks with lots of separation between sites, it is a unique coach for sure!

And for sure, the whole idea of these coaches, trailers, truck campers, etc. - is to go have some fun.

Best to all, travel safe, and have FUN,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #17

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hadn't thought about the Veranda and a handicapped user. What a great thing it would be!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #18

Veranda thoughts

I had a long conversation with Kevin Waite before I purchased my first CC. He strongly advised me NOT to buy a Veranda since there are no replacements parts for the deck mechanism & most techs would have no idea how to fix it.
I'm not trying to disparage the Veranda. However, I did feel this was an important thing to mention.

Best of luck,
Abe
krtemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:29 AM   #19

I find that odd and intriguing. My Veranda is currently at JC and had a lot of real good conversations with the Techs about the MH including the Veranda. As a former USAF aircraft mechanic and a career in reliability and maintainability, I always talk maintenance, parts, support, etc.
Although I didn’t ask that direct question I didn’t get the impression that the Veranda would be an issue in maintenance or parts.
Thanks for that post and I will definitely bring that up. If true, yeah, be a bit disappointing but not put me off on the MH. Gonna be about a month (extended warranty concerns) but will report out when I get it home.
That is unless someone beats me to the punch .
Old 03-21-2019, 08:42 AM   #20

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Didn't HWH do the actual veranda part of the coach?
Think I read that somewhere.

Thanks for YOUR service there, fellow Zoomie.
2005 42' Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
With Skye the mini-Aussie velocimuncher and Maybelle, her ferocious little half-sister
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:00 AM   #21

Sorry for the tardy response Jean n Steve. Yes, per the HWH website, it states they designed and engineered the Veranda. Shows a picture of a CC Veranda in their photo gallery. Tested at 15,000 lbs but listed to hold 3,000 lbs.

Spring has sprung! Time to hit the road and explore the good ol U.S. of A. Safe travels everyone!
Old 04-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #22

Oklahoma Boomers Club
No worries, mate. Yeah, that veranda is built like a bank vault!!
Spring sproinged just enough that we got our Intrigue out on her first voyage. Man, what a great machine she is. It was sad to go home!
2005 42' Country Coach Intrigue Ovation LE "Nairobi" #11868, Cat C-13
Him: USAF, Retired
Her: RN, CPC, CPMA, COC
With Skye the mini-Aussie velocimuncher and Maybelle, her ferocious little half-sister
Jean n Steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying