RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #29

We bought a 40' 1999 Country Coach Affinity Grande Chalet 400 and absolutely love it. It has very low mileage and was well maintained. We were looking at 2005 45' Magna with higher mileage, more repairs and price tag of 110K with all the issues and was repo'd several times. We ended up paying 52K for the Affinity and glad we did. Good luck in your search.
rcpd715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #30

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpd715 View Post
We bought a 40' 1999 Country Coach Affinity Grande Chalet 400 and absolutely love it. It has very low mileage and was well maintained. We were looking at 2005 45' Magna with higher mileage, more repairs and price tag of 110K with all the issues and was repo'd several times. We ended up paying 52K for the Affinity and glad we did. Good luck in your search.
Hi, I recently purchased a 1999 Country Coach Affinity Grand Chalet #5642 with 78k miles and I am amazed at what a great coach it is. We should stay in touch for technical reference if nothing else. I have several posts of my quest to get everything back in tip top shape!
Jim in Fort Worth...
Aroadracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:52 AM   #31

Good Morning Jim, We are not far from y'all and our coach is #5637. We live in Dripping Springs just West of Austin. Jim Clark 512-808-6734.
rcpd715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #32

Older Coaches...

Good Morning All, I recently purchased Country Coach #30214, a 1998 Allure 40' model with 86,632 miles, my first Motorhome, I've owned several 5th wheels over many years, not new to rv' ing, just to the Motorhome, this unit was parked for several years, was well taken care of, but the former owners couldn't care for it anymore due to there age and health, I got her home in Dec. and have been diligently going thru the thing from front to back, new tires, replaced an air solenoid, changed all fluids and filters, been doing extensive interior upgrades, replaced the rv fridge with a Frigidaire 110 unit, she's looking good and we will be soon departing for a cross country "maiden voyage" with the family. I will post pictures. I researched Motorhomes for months prior on deciding on Country Coach, nothing against the other brands out there, but the C.C. is built like a tank! she's got the older Cummins 6CTA motor and the thing screams, I cannot believe at how fast it accelerates!, we will be taking her out this weekend for an overnight shakedown cruise, I've named her "Our Beach House" as we live in the desert and seek beaches whenever on vacation..... will post pics
dmp1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:22 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp1102 View Post
Good Morning All, I recently purchased Country Coach #30214, a 1998 Allure 40' model with 86,632 miles, my first Motorhome, I've owned several 5th wheels over many years, not new to rv' ing, just to the Motorhome, this unit was parked for several years, was well taken care of, but the former owners couldn't care for it anymore due to there age and health, I got her home in Dec. and have been diligently going thru the thing from front to back, new tires, replaced an air solenoid, changed all fluids and filters, been doing extensive interior upgrades, replaced the rv fridge with a Frigidaire 110 unit, she's looking good and we will be soon departing for a cross country "maiden voyage" with the family. I will post pictures. I researched Motorhomes for months prior on deciding on Country Coach, nothing against the other brands out there, but the C.C. is built like a tank! she's got the older Cummins 6CTA motor and the thing screams, I cannot believe at how fast it accelerates!, we will be taking her out this weekend for an overnight shakedown cruise, I've named her "Our Beach House" as we live in the desert and seek beaches whenever on vacation..... will post pics
Welcome to the forum! And to CC ownership too....

Sounds like you're going thru all the right things, and taking your time to sort things out. If you don't show the last date of the Brake Air Dryer Cartridge replacement, that would be a good thing to check before going. Depending upon locations traveled, 3-4 years is a pretty normal cycle for maintenance on these. (Run a bit longer in say the dry Southwest, run a bit less in say high humidity area Southeast!).

Have a great time with your new rig, best,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:39 PM   #34

Welcome. We purchased our first CC a few months ago and I agree they're strong built. Mine is a 2000 Intrigue with the 350 Cummins. Ours was parked for a couple of years and I have been doing a lot of work going through it. I love this CC.
Coach #10984
apatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:10 AM   #35

Thanks for the help, I crawled under there tonight and discovered its a Bendix set up, don't see any type of cartridge, I'll do a little research, thanks again
dmp1102 is offline   Reply With Quote