Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2019, 06:19 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Camping and slides will not retract!

Hello Country Coach owners. We are breaking camp and are unable to get our two slides to retract. Does anyone have suggestions and know where the fuses are for this coach. Need help!

Kevin and Kate
2001 Country Coach Affinity
Wilson, NC
Cowboy0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #2

Found out house batteries we’re drained. Since we were parked we were connected to 30 A shore power and I noticed the charge light on the inverter/charger interface showed charge. Don’t know why this is. I thought the charger charged the batteries when we are connected to shore power. Any wisdom from you RV jockeys? Thanks,
Kevin and Kate
Wilson, NC
Old 11-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #3

Slides are in and generator is currently running.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #4

Glad your slides are in! When on shore power, the charger should first charge up your House Batteries, then divert power to the Chassis Battery(s). If you're comfortable with a multimeter, when plugged in again, or while on generator, and the control board indicates charge mode - take a reading at the house batteries, and see what the voltage is coming in. (Could be different for Wet vs AGM.) Then also take a reading at the Chassis Battery(s) Some coaches in your era, had a unit called the Echo, which feeds the power over to the Chassis Battery(s). If you can't catch your Chassis Battery(s) getting a charge - search this forum for 'Echo' and trouble shoot fuses, and or other restarting tips.

Also some coaches of your era, have the setting that on the Control Board for Minimum Voltage. If you were say plugged into a 20A supply, and the Control Board was set to 50A minimum, the Charger would not start up. Worth checking if your unit has such a setting. I set mine to 15A, we do have 20A where we store, but I figure whenever I'm plugged into an outlet, even 15A, might as well let the Charger do it's thing!

Best to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #5

Was your battery disconnect ON or In use
Old 11-18-2019, 08:28 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If battery voltage is okay, you might check the bottom of the HWH pump. On my last RV, the ground to the pump was not secure and it would not start. Common problem I was told.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:32 AM   #7

Hello Smitty, I follow what you are saying, I think but the agm batteries (4 of them and all are 12V. I put a charger on each of them last night for about an hour each). This morning I see the interface is showing that something is changed and I haven’t checked anything yet as I just got up and am having coffee. Priorities are a must. I’m just trying to get an understanding of how to check out what is going on here. Can’t get our second slide to go out completely but the main slide did go out completely this morning. That is something. Wish I could add more information but just not awake yet. Thanks Smitty.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:34 AM   #8

Hello Cavie, it was on.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:36 AM   #9

By being on I mean it was in use. Thanks Cavie
Old 11-19-2019, 07:23 AM   #10

CountryCoach slide issues now battery issues

Wow, having left Saluda, SC where our inverter/charger showed our batteries in charge state and though we were on a 30A shore connection, the inverter/charger never moved to float and that was over two nights. Breaking camp, the slides didn’t come in until I started the generator (that was after finding out we had no power readings on the AC Feeder Output panel). We drove 8 hrs to Crossville, Tn., with the generator running the whole time. When we arrived and setup camp the batteries showed nothing for power and the charge light on the inverter was still on, even though we were connected to 50A shore power. I got a charger and charged the 4 AGM 12V batteries for an hour each before calling the day over. Rear slide went out partially and the main slide wouldn’t move.

The whole time our steps behaved erratically, not coming out all the way, slow and jerky motion, not retracting fully and coming out while driving. This is still a problem and I am thinking it is a battery issue with the batteries not holding an adequate charge. These batteries were installed in 2016 and supposed to be good batteries. I had to replace the door switch as the original switch only had a few strands of wire making contact and finally broke off the contact.

Got up this morning started the coach to see if I could get the slides to work, the inverter showed the batteries on float this time and the main slide did extend completely but the small slide still doesn’t extend fully. I checked all the fuses I could find And found no blown fuses. Just not sure what to do now. I’ve tried to be accurate with the details the best I could. I’ve got some errands to run so if anybody has any wisdom of what is going on please submit to this effort and when I get back I have hopes on some action I can do to further investigate with hope to find a solution. Thank you,
Kevin and Kate
Wilson, NC

Tags
camping, slide