Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I thought the bedroom and hall would have been easier too, but between all the pieces (which I used the old ones as templates) and that the factory guys must have been paid by the staple, it took a while....but it sure came out nicer than the mint green carpet that it replaced.
Bigdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2014, 04:17 AM   #16

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdsl View Post
I thought the bedroom and hall would have been easier too, but between all the pieces (which I used the old ones as templates) and that the factory guys must have been paid by the staple, it took a while....but it sure came out nicer than the mint green carpet that it replaced.

I sure agree on the Staple Piece work comment, I used a 4 inch Chisel to remove the staples around the edges, haven't started the back section yet, gonna hit it next week. Post some pictures !

Merry Christmas !
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:48 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Chuck, it looks like from your post that you got the job pretty much completed. Keep on doing what you are doing. If you have a specific question, ask away. Ernie- Merry Christmas
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #18

Gents,
I'm sure you can help with this simple question.
The previous owner put vinyl, where carpet was, UNDER and in front of the super slide.
I want to remove the vinyl and put carpet back down. This is only an area about 15' x 3'.
What is the best way to attach the carpet to the wood flooring?
I'm fairly sure that I need to fold over the carpet and staple it down, but do I staple it before folding it over itself OR just put the staples on top, through both layers of the folded edges? How did the factory do it?
This should be a simple job, but the slide can rip it up, if done wrong.
Thanks,
Richard
skyking421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:44 AM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Hello If you have the room under the slide you can do double it over. if not lots of staples , that's how the factory puts down carpet. Lots LOTS lots of stapes!
Floor It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:31 PM   #20

Commercial luxury vinyl is definitely the way to go. do make sure you both glue and staple the sub floor down. 1/8" subfloor is all you need. Cement the joints and sand. It must be completely smooth before you put down the vinyl tiles. Take out everything you can so you can run the vinyl to the walls. RV Décor in Yuma, AZ has done many of these projects.
rvpeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet, replace, replacement