Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #1

CC Allure

After many months researching a Monaco Camelot purchase, the deal fell thru after a questionable Fluid sample analysis and lack of proper service.
My wife, while searching for used coaches found a 2006 CC Allure Sunset Bay she absolutely loves. I know they are known as great built coaches but to be honest I had never considered them in my search until we found this tag axle 37 footer.
I've found from this site and others that the dry PTO and Aluminum radiators are a big issue with these. Are there any other things to watch out for inherent with these around the 2006 build years? Has the 400 ISL that I have not yet checked against the wrist pin failure serial numbers.
Its a three owner 46k mileage coach spending most of its time in the western states, garaged or covered most of the time.
It has few service records as the dealer took it on trade and the last owner did not have the records in the coach when traded--Thats the story. The dealer welcomed an independent inspection but did mention that they usually send him since he is the local RVIA inspector. Quite frankly too far away for me to drop in for the fluid sampling as it is 800 miles away. We are doing a live FaceTime video walk thru of the coach this afternoon and if no visual issues, I might fly in next week to look at it.
The dealer did say he had a complete service done to the coach and all tires are new so im not sure a fluid check would benefit me at all.
Long winded post I know, but I'm looking for your experiences and opinions.
Thanks a bunch
Ray
tinman 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2020, 04:17 PM   #2

Also, Does anyone know where I can download the 2006 brochure for the Allure. Cant seem to find it anywhere
Old 06-02-2020, 04:51 PM   #3

I believe that would be Damon Rapoosa(?). We have 2007 Allure Sunset Bay.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:35 AM   #4

Wally,
Thank you, I have the VIN number of the coach today, I will call him tomorrow and see what information might have for it.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:11 AM   #5

We love it.....
Old 06-03-2020, 02:53 PM   #6

We had the 37ft 470 2005 sunset bay and loved it, the ride was the best and it could haul 10,000lbs. Things to look at:

Make sure all the heater fans come on when you run the aqua hot, test the aqua hot. Look for leaks around the slides, there is a video on line about the slides top needing to be redone, mine was redone 3k. Charge air cooler are also known to leak, if they do 3k for that. tire dates, if they are over 5 years replace them, batterys could be the same. Fogged windows, we replace our with single pain 2k Nocold fridge check to see if the yellow stuff is in the outside compartment. Take your time and go through everything to make sure it works.

We had to sell ours, it was sitting to much and they like to move. $10k a year in maintence and stuff like above.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:30 PM   #7

Wow, I will check out the video and jot these things down to look at as well. Thank you for the advice
Old 06-03-2020, 04:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
We had the 37ft 470 2005 sunset bay and loved it, the ride was the best and it could haul 10,000lbs. Things to look at:

Make sure all the heater fans come on when you run the aqua hot, test the aqua hot. Look for leaks around the slides, there is a video on line about the slides top needing to be redone, mine was redone 3k. Charge air cooler are also known to leak, if they do 3k for that. tire dates, if they are over 5 years replace them, batterys could be the same. Fogged windows, we replace our with single pain 2k Nocold fridge check to see if the yellow stuff is in the outside compartment. Take your time and go through everything to make sure it works.

We had to sell ours, it was sitting to much and they like to move. $10k a year in maintence and stuff like above.
Wow 10k a year for maintenance. I have had my coach for seven years and haven’t spent 10k on maintenance and that’s including two new ac’s and a turbo charger last year.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:40 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Wow 10k a year for maintenance. I have had my coach for seven years and haven’t spent 10k on maintenance and that’s including two new ac’s and a turbo charger last year.
Some folks are not able to fix their own rigs and job it out.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:17 AM   #10

Murphy's Law also enters into the equation.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:39 PM   #11

10K also included those and other thngs listed above. This was over the life we owned it averaged out.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #12

The video of the coach looked good. However, after driving 650 miles to see the coach in person, it is not for us as it has many issues not seen in a video. So, the search will continue. Thanks everyone for your private messages and posts. Im learning a lot here