Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Cleaning the floor

I have a 2002 Intrigue with these horrible white textured tile that hold dirt in the textured crevasse. I've scrubbed and scrubbed and still can't get the dirt out. At some time when I'm older and better looking I'm going to have all these tiles and carpet torn out and replaced.
In the mean time I'm looking for the best way to clean these damn things. What product, methods, or incantations have you found that work the best with out destroying the finish on the wood that abuts the tile.
Thanks
John
pumper9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #2

Visit a commercial janitor supply and see what they suggest.

Acid based bowl cleaner gets everything fast but great care for ventilation and splash control.

Add sealer after
Old 01-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #3

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Visit a commercial janitor supply and see what they suggest.

Acid based bowl cleaner gets everything fast but great care for ventilation and splash control.

Add sealer after
Thanks TQ but I'm not quiet ready for dealing with a hazmat suit, supplied air and decon to clean a floor. But I will talk to the janitorial supply folks.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #4

Toothbrush and Fantastic plus a set of knee pads.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #5

Dons sounds like you been there and done that. Want to come over and demonstrate your technique?
Old 01-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper9x9 View Post
Dons sounds like you been there and done that. Want to come over and demonstrate your technique?
Letmethinkaboutthatforaminute...no
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #7

Call a carpet cleaning service to steam the tile and extract the water. I also have a white tile in my S&B kitchen of which I have professionally cleaned about 3 times a year. I always think my floors are clean but you can really see a difference when the professional are finished. I think the trick is that they immediately extract the dirty water so it doesn't remain in the crevasses.
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
X2 on the steam cleaning of the tile for results. Beats being on your hands and knees. We get our carpet and tiles cleaned about once per year, it cost a C note.

I have used a brush and Clorox spray that has bleach and it did a pretty good job.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #9

I just cleaned mine today. I have the same white tile. Simple green and a scrub brush, then wiped it down with a sponge and a bucket of clean water. Looks brand new. An old toothbrush works good for the tight spots. Good luck, it was a bit of work.