Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #1

Smile Compare: 2007 CC Intrigue & Monaco Dynasty Emp IV

With the risk of receiving a few biased opinions I'm hoping to receive some candid feedback between two coaches that my wife and I are considering. We started our search by looking at the brands Newmar and Monaco but have recently ruled out Newmar (DW didn't like the interior or floor plans) and added CC as the second brand. That said, we narrowed to two models, a Monaco Dynasty Emperor IV 42 with the ISL 400 and a Country Coach Intrigue 45 with the Cat 525.
Would like to hear thoughts on how these two coaches match up or any other opinions you may have...
Forza4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
If the interiors of both are to your liking, then drive them both and see which one handles the best.

I drove a lot of coaches before buying our CC
Old 03-30-2015, 06:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like both good choices if the floor plans are what you want and they have been properly maintained. However, if you plan to drive a lot in the West, I might lean toward the 525HP CAT. I have the 425HP ISL in a 42' Country Coach and it does OK but I'd love to have 500+HP.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza4us View Post
With the risk of receiving a few biased opinions I'm hoping to receive some candid feedback between two coaches that my wife and I are considering. We started our search by looking at the brands Newmar and Monaco but have recently ruled out Newmar (DW didn't like the interior or floor plans) and added CC as the second brand. That said, we narrowed to two models, a Monaco Dynasty Emperor IV 42 with the ISL 400 and a Country Coach Intrigue 45 with the Cat 525.
Would like to hear thoughts on how these two coaches match up or any other opinions you may have...
Don't know the year on the Monaco but here is something to look at
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/06-c...ms-233849.html
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #5

No contest on engines, BIG BLOCKS ROCK! The CAT, will take much better care of that heavy of a rig then the ISL. Our ISL, an older CAPS era ISL370 flashed to 400, gets the job done - but I feel the high power CAT will give you a safety edge on the road via more power.

Good tip to validate the build year of the ISL, and understand if the wrist pins are in it.

As far as the coaches, they are both fine coaches. So interior layout would be the deciding factor here.

Both coaches have good support from companies that have risen from the ashes.

Also be aware that a 45' coach, may require different driver's license in many states.

I would put the Intrigue closer to the Executive then the Dynasty in the pecking order. But much depends upon the year. (And, all a matter of opinion!)

Best of luck to you on your search!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #6

5 1/2 years ago when we looked and drove a lot of motorhomes we liked Country Coaches, Beavers, Monaco, and Alpine. I looked everywhere for something like Consumer Reports for motorhomes. The closest I could find was the RVCG (RV Consumer Group) in WA. I joined and bought all their information. This group can provide you with an easy reference guide as there are lots and lots of models. And the models change by years. We found their recommendations to be very accurate.

Monaco and Country Coach were made down the street from each other in Oregon. Literally. The Lee family were involved in the start up of both companies. You will find many similarities in these brands. Monaco bought Beaver. In the year you are looking at a Beaver coach will be very similar to a Monaco, except with nicer wood inside.

I have never owned a Monaco product and cannot comment on their quality, parts, or service. The RVCG rates motorhomes for a living and they liked the CC product in the years around the same as my coach, 2002, better than Monaco.

After 5 1/2 years I still think very highly of our our coach and the current Country Coach organization. Our coach has 122,000 miles on it. I have put on 37,000. It drives like a magic carpet going down the road. The design and execution of the coach is excellent. We have been a number of times to the Country Coach factory in Oregon for service and upgrades. They have done a very good job. We have ordered parts from them a number of times and their prices have been fair and they gave very good service.

We bought our specific coach because we loved the interior floor plan and it's beautiful semi custom south west style. We still love it. We parked next to a one year old class A coach two weeks ago. That coach is the best selling new class A diesel pusher in the USA. They owner commented to me, "Why does your 12 year old paint look better than my one year old?" And our coach lives outside and his lives in a cover storage.

Final thing. A previous poster indicated some States require special license for 45'. Some States require a special license for over 40'. I have one.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco