Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #1

Considering 2001 Country Coach

I am very close to buying a 2001 Country Coach 36' with a cummings 8.3L wih 195k miles. This will be my first motorhome and want to buy as wise as possible. Questions: is this a good driving/riding coach? What are the primary items on the coach I need to check? This engine was serviced at 15k mile intervals, is this ok? Can I trust this engine with 195k miles on it? Any thoughts, opinions, ideals that you can share with me is much appreciated. Thank you, BoJo
BoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #2

That motor should be good for an honest 500K miles, so no worries there. The rest of the MH is all about condition and what has been replaced on it so far.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If this is a serious consideration, I would have it inspected by a certified RV tech. Then you’ll know what you’re getting. It’s worth the cost.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 01:48 PM   #4

This model is the Intrique if that makes a difference. At this time, i'm unaware of any major repairs or updates. Will know Monday. The interior is in good shape and maintance records are well kept. Cosmetics are good with exception of some clear coat peeling. What is your opinion on the driving and riding aspects of the coach? Thanks, BoJo
Old 01-11-2020, 01:51 PM   #5

Yes, very serious. I will have inspected if its recommended by this group. Thanks for the comment. Is this a good model year for the CC Intrique?
Old 01-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Never owned a Country Coach but people who have them love them.
They are/were a quality built coach...
If it's been well loved and maintained I wouldn't let the mileage concern me too much. The ISC/Allison combo is a solid performer. Side radiator a bonus.
The price should reflect the higher mileage IMHO.
Inspection is critical, take your time and hopefully it works out for ya.
Good luck.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:45 AM   #7

If this is the one in Cary, NC I would not recommend it nor recommend spending the money on an inspection. It is near my work so I went by during lunch to see it a couple months ago.
There was some damage done where the rear portion of the slide goes in the entire length of the vertical. There is some patchwork/trim work that was done and is evident that it isn't factory.
There is also delamination at that area that looks pretty bad.
Lastly, the interior is pretty beat up and there have not been any upgrades to it from what I remember when I saw it. Although, they might have cleaned it up since I saw it as I think it was originally listed for 39k and someone tried to buy it as it wasn't listed on their website for a little bit and just came back up a couple weeks ago.

Also: the original thread about it here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f112/2001...es-467947.html