Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Country Coach

Anybody know anything about the country coach magna 41, with tag 2 slides. It has an upgrade 505 caterpillar c-11 side radiator.
tagcat
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
laj

the cat is a C-12, what yr.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Great coach
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Old 01-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
laj

like Dons said great coach. should have the wet pto I don't think you can find a better made one or better fit & finish. chassis is one of the best out there. I have found that parts are readily available with great factory support. ajmo.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
like Dons said great coach. should have the wet pto I don't think you can find a better made one or better fit & finish. chassis is one of the best out there. I have found that parts are readily available with great factory support. ajmo.
Based on the info given by the OP, we can't can't give an intelligent answer about the PTO.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #7

The quality level of material and building remained high in 2002. Concur it is a solid, well respected coach. Condition is the key thing on any rig of this year...

Best of luck,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #8
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post

Based on the info given by the OP, we can't can't give an intelligent answer about the PTO.
dons I agree. after re- reading my post what I meant to portray but didn't was to make sure it had the wet pto. didn't mean to convey that it should have automatically came from the factory with one. thanks for the clarifying.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Its a 2002
Old 02-02-2014, 06:43 AM   #10

Retired Fire Service RVer's
The Magna is a high end coach! It's fit and finish are top notch. Obviously the systems will be 2001 and 2002 vintage. Make sure the systems are ALL in working order as the systems are quite complex at this level coach.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #11

Tagcat - This coach is likely very similar to ours. We have a 2002 Country Coach Affinity. Ours is 42' long and I am sure the Magna you are talking about is either 42' or 40'. I don't think they made a 41', but not positive on that. And the motor is very likely a CAT C12. Our motor is a CAT C12 with 505 hp.

I know lots about our coach which should be quite similar. What do you want to know? We have had ours 4 1/2 years and I love driving it. Ours is still beautiful and has weathered 115,000 miles very well. In my opinion the years 2001 (when IFS was added) to 2004 Country Coach made some of the best motorhomes ever made. The CAT 12 does not have the pto issue. The motor is very strong with 1550 lbs of torque.

If you are looking to buy this coach you should check it out quite carefully as these things cost 450,000 dollars new and the bill can get high if there is a lot of fixing to do. Test ALL!!!!!!!! systems to see if they work. This will take many hours.

Things to look for

1. Any leaks or water damage.
2. If tires over 6 years old likely need to be replaced.
3. If batteries are over 7 years old likely need to be replaced. And are battery boxes OK or acid eaten. If batteries are AGM the battery storage areas will be great.

These are great coaches. The Intrigue, Magna, and Affinity are the top part of the line. Only a few Lexas and Prevost conversions were more expensive. I have mixed feelings on the two slide outs. We have plenty of room in our coach, but sometimes I would like to have more slides. The huge advantage of slides only on the drivers side is that you have great wide open access to the basement storage. Slides block this unless you have the bending body of a 25 year old. Also slides on the passenger side do take up some of the area where your patio is. And only having two slides means that you only have two to repair the seals on to keep out the water leaks.

Hope this helps.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Smile country coach

Well we are back to our search,that unit sold before we could act. That is ok there many used units out there .We are looking at several more.The search will continue.
We have been looking local, as nation wide also,not many units in our area.With that said.When we find the unit we really want,what ever state we will offer a small deposit tell we can fly out and have the unit looked over.We have found things look real good in photo and write up,but when you put your eyes on them,not so good.This will take time ,but it will happen.
Thanks again Tim. aka,tagcat
Old 02-03-2014, 05:24 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Thanks for the update. You'll find one. It takes time ( and a small deposit ). Good luck and keep us posted.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
country coach

Well the search is over.After many trips and research we found a coach low miles stored inside great shape ,new tires new frig new tv's,etc well updated and at a great price,so we bought it.We will go get it in 2 weeks.
Monaco 2004- 40 pdq diplomat with the 400 Hp upgraded cummins,,has 4 slides.I know this is more seals to check,lose some patio space,etc but this will be our full time home with in 6 months or sooner space is a big factor we love the floor plan.At one time this coach was the unit Monaco took to the shows,so they wanted it to be a good one.
Bottom line we are happy with coach.It will be a BIG learning curve,even though we are in our 60's we are open to change.
A lot better than the VW camper we took to big bend national park in 1969!
Thank's everyone for your advice and help .I am sure you will be hearing from us in future,never know see each other some were on the road.
Tim--aka tag catP.S. will post pics when we pick coach up