Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2023, 01:30 PM   #1

Country Coach Intrigue Questions

I hope no one minds if I cram 2 into 1 here-

First, is there a framing plan for the side walls available ? reason I ask that, is I am planning to install another TV, on the bedroom wall, above the window in our 36 ft Intrigue. Walls seem to be metal under the wall covering ? Is there vertical studs inside walls ? Not a huge tv either, but with a swivel mount, I don't want do anything detrimental to walls other than 2 screw holes.

2nd, is the water heater seems to have lost power. Light on panel over door isn't lighting up as it did before. 2002 used Hydronic water heater correct ? Is it only diesel powered while engine is running ? I had hot water for a few hours after getting parked and connected to shore power at the RV park, this morning I had 0 ! That woke me up quickly !
Reading the manual, I thought I read it was propane fired ? Finally getting to use her, after purchasing it in September last year.

Thanks, from a newbie !!

2002 36' Country Coach Intrigue 370 Cummins
KDub63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2023, 09:42 PM   #2

The 2001 Intrigue had both Propane and electric hot water, and also connected to engine coolant. The electric switch was in the pantry. Yours may be on the breaker panel. The propane mode may need a replacement part. It may take a while to find all the "features".
Tee Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:46 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
The easiest way to find out where the steel tubes in the walls is to look at the outside wall on a frosty morning. There is no frame layout that I know of.

The '02 Intrigue had only a propane/electric water heater. It does have motor aid which means that the water is heated by engine coolant while driving. There is a tube welded on the outside of the tank which circulates engine coolant to heat the tank. There is no diesel involved in heating water.
Make sure you have propane and the circuit breaker in the electric panel is on. It could e that the indicator light is burned out. I just checked mine and with the water heater switch on, i have no red light but the burner fires up.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:07 AM   #4

The red light on the water heater switch should only illuminate if the gas fails to ignite or the flame goes out while still heating water. The flame can go out if it runs out of propane or wind blows the flame out. If there is propane, you can just cycle the rocker switch and the flame should ignite again.

As Don mentioned, the circuit breaker may have been turned off, keeping shore power from heating water and the hot water you enjoyed upon arrival was heated by the motor aide feature.

Because the light on the switch only illuminates when the flame fails, it is least likely to be burned out or the cause for no hot water, as it would not keep the water heater from igniting by itself, if there is propane and it is turned on.
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 05:29 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
The walls are NOT metal. There is about a 1 1/2 +/- metal frame with a preformed, small cell foam inserted between them. I am sure you can find the metal framing maybe using a stud finder, but you will not be able to mount four screws into it. At most, two. I know this because I had to replace a panel over the dining area window and had to sand the framework prior to re-gluing a new panel in place. That piece of plywood is not very thick.

The frosty morning might work I guess, Worth a look.
2001 Country Coach 40' Intrigue. #11304
Suite of Dreams with factory four person dinette.
fzandome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 05:37 AM   #6

On my Affinity most of the steel framing runs at 45 degree angle from vertical in the wall space. The vertical frames are around windows.
'01 Country Coach Affinity 42 #6012 Cat C12 505hp
16 Wrangler
sbeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:49 AM   #7

You should look under the vanity sink. The water heater has an off/on switch for 110v power. There are also circuit breakers on the inverter. Our C.C. Is a 2001 Inrtrigue. So much to learn. Thanks to this great site and the manuals that came with my RV, so far so good.
chet Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 12:41 PM   #8

First, I want to thank you all, for the advice !

It took several hours but I finally got it to light on propane. Since it's only me staying in it for now, I'm just turning it on ahead of a shower.
Funny thing was, the 2nd night, I was sitting on couch watching tv, and at a commercial, and the tv actually got quiet, I heard a clunk sound, and looked at the switch, the light was out. Finally heard the heater going !

I read a few posts regarding updating the TV's, and removed the bedroom unit, and installed the swivel mount for the bigger TV, inside the cabinet. Now,
if someone wants it to have the original its easily replaced, to look fatory original. I really didnt want to make any holes in the walls if I really didnt need to !

You folks, are a wealth of information !

Thank you all, again !

Tags
coach