Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Country Coach Spec. Sheet

I saw a 2010 Country Coach 43', tag axle, 24K miles listed for $200,000. I went on CC's website to find the spec sheet for the coach and did not see anything. I wrote to CC and asked them for a link to this on their website. I was told it costs $20. I couldn't believe it. Is this the normal practice for CC? Apparently they are not really interested in increasing their customer base.
Regards to All!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #2

The Counrty Coach that built that coach has been liquidated in a chapter 7 bankruptcy. The Country Coach name and certain intellectual property along with some buildings was purchased in the bankruptcy sale by one of the Lee brothers who were founders of the company originally. Although stories keep popping up that Country Coach will be produced again, so far that has not happened. The '10 that you see was actually built in early '09 because CC was shuttered and gone by mid year.

The CC that you contacted is in operation as a RV service facility specializing in Country Coaches.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
The Counrty Coach that built that coach has been liquidated in a chapter 7 bankruptcy. The Country Coach name and certain intellectual property along with some buildings was purchased in the bankruptcy sale by one of the Lee brothers who were founders of the company originally. Although stories keep popping up that Country Coach will be produced again, so far that has not happened. The '10 that you see was actually built in early '09 because CC was shuttered and gone by mid year.

The CC that you contacted is in operation as a RV service facility specializing in Country Coaches.
Thanks for the explanation, Steve. Now, I see a coach seemingly worth over $300K is offered for $200K price and no takers!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
This person has been helpful in the past to CC owners or people looking to purchase a CC... Country Coach Motorhomes offered by Damon Rapozo .
Dave 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #5

What do you want to know about the coach? If you want to know what items were installed on the coach, there will be a build sheet stuck on a bathroom medicine door or in the closet. It will have item, model number, and serial number.

If you are worried about spending 20 bux, are you sure you are ready to spend 200K?
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #6

Yea, spend the $20.
bobioknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #7

(Now, I see a coach seemingly worth over $300K is offered for $200K price and no takers!)

The RV world (houses, boats, as well) has changed dramatically and the value is based on the buyer. So few buyers with cash and so few lenders who will finance on a orphan model with no factory support. It may also have a floor plan that is less desirable, (like the Veranda model) and that brings the price down too. Good luck on your search.
Hookum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
What do you want to know about the coach? If you want to know what items were installed on the coach, there will be a build sheet stuck on a bathroom medicine door or in the closet. It will have item, model number, and serial number.
Actually, I saw an advertisement about the coach and didn't mention the specific model, but caught my interest. I thought I will look it up (what models were made during that year, etc.) That is when I ran into a website for Country Coaches, but no archived info. on prior models. They obviously were very popular at one time, but the bankruptcy and Chapter 7 has really affected the price of all Country Coaches. Sad for those owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
If you are worried about spending 20 bux, are you sure you are ready to spend 200K?
I'm not really in market to buy a coach unless I sell my current one. In which case I will gather all the info I need to make a rationale decision regardless of cost. Thanks for your input, though!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookum View Post
(Now, I see a coach seemingly worth over $300K is offered for $200K price and no takers!)

The RV world (houses, boats, as well) has changed dramatically and the value is based on the buyer. So few buyers with cash and so few lenders who will finance on a orphan model with no factory support. It may also have a floor plan that is less desirable, (like the Veranda model) and that brings the price down too. Good luck on your search.
That being the case, I was told by the current CCC (Country Coach Corp.) that they will be making Country Coach Magnas this year, 2013. They will be 2014 model.
If they do, how would that affect the price of the older CCs that have been made so far?
I want to thank you and several other folks who shared their views and thoughts!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
That being the case, I was told by the current CCC (Country Coach Corp.) that they will be making Country Coach Magnas this year, 2013. They will be 2014 model.
If they do, how would that affect the price of the older CCs that have been made so far?
I want to thank you and several other folks who shared their views and thoughts!
I have no idea. Originally Ron said they would build coaches in the 400K range. Now I hear that those built will be in the 700K range.

As far as I am concerned, mine will be worth more if I were to sell it.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #11

Steve - The Lee's always owned the building. They bought the intellectual property at the auction and then put it to use in the same buildings they have used for years. I have been to the current Country Coach facility. Says Country Coach out front. Run by Ron Lee who I met and talked to several times. And he was one of CC's founders. The only motor homes in the shop were CC. Looks like the Country Coach factory to me.

Hookum - Your comment about getting financing is not correct. Although I have now paid the loan off, I had no problems what so ever getting financing for our Country Coach Affinity when we bought it 3 1/2 years ago. And what you say about no factory support is also not the case. I have personally been to the Country Coach factory. I will be going again in a couple of months. But even outside of going to the factory I have had exactly zero problems getting my CC serviced.

SRH - when I was at the Country Coach factory they handed me a build sheet on our coach gratis. I have called them on several occasions. They have fallen all over themselves trying to be helpful. The work they have done for me was at a less than fair market cost. I am very happy with the way the current Country Coach supports us.

I was told personally by Ron Lee they were going to make new coaches. But it takes lots of money to do that. So we shall see if it happens or not.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #12

I just got a 2006 Inspire 40' that was on consignment and had no problem getting financing he came to the office at CC does not get any better than that plus the rate was lower than any online or Good Sam deal plus they paid for my FMCA so I just got my Michelin Tires at a savings of about $1200. Will be going down on Monday to have the wet PTO installed along with a few other things. The 10% off on parts and labor this month looks good right now and while I was there last month I talked to Ron Lee, nice guy.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #13
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
Steve - The Lee's always owned the building. They bought the intellectual property at the auction and then put it to use in the same buildings they have used for years. I have been to the current Country Coach facility. Says Country Coach out front. Run by Ron Lee who I met and talked to several times. And he was one of CC's founders. The only motor homes in the shop were CC. Looks like the Country Coach factory to me.

Hookum - Your comment about getting financing is not correct. Although I have now paid the loan off, I had no problems what so ever getting financing for our Country Coach Affinity when we bought it 3 1/2 years ago. And what you say about no factory support is also not the case. I have personally been to the Country Coach factory. I will be going again in a couple of months. But even outside of going to the factory I have had exactly zero problems getting my CC serviced.

SRH - when I was at the Country Coach factory they handed me a build sheet on our coach gratis. I have called them on several occasions. They have fallen all over themselves trying to be helpful. The work they have done for me was at a less than fair market cost. I am very happy with the way the current Country Coach supports us.

I was told personally by Ron Lee they were going to make new coaches. But it takes lots of money to do that. So we shall see if it happens or not.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your thoughts. Now, what do you think of the quality of the 2010 Inspire 360? Do you think it is the same as the previous year models? More importantly, do you think it is worth around $200K with an extended warranty for 3 years? Lastly, do you think support questions, that CCC would be willing to help?
Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Best to all!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob

I believe you are correct about the building being owned by the Lee family. During the sale to National and private investor buy back, the Lee family leased the building that was the CC assembly building back to who ever owned CC at the time.

I'm sure the building says Country Coach because the Lees bought the name and I really doubt that the name was ever off the building. The business the Lees opened is a motorhomes service and remodel facility specializing in coaches built by the old Country Coach. They do work on other brands however. There have been stories of a rebirth of CC as a coach builder ever since the current business opened.

I hope it happens at some point because CC built a very good chassis and some very fine coaches in the years before National took them down by benign neglect. I'm sure the Lees are watching the current state of the motorhome market to gauge when it would be an acceptable risk.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote