Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2009, 02:42 AM   #1

Proper 60 day notice has been given. The writing is on the wall
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Don't start writing the obituary yet. The notice is just a formality.
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #3

The present situation is much more than just a formality. True a miracle or a check from Obahma would stay off closure. This is not likely.
Ow
Owners need to know the situation so all can be prepared when a need for help arises.
Life will go on and your enjoyment level will stay the same. When the dust clears owners of the upper level configurations may even see a price increase.
The present financial situation of CC is nothing new. It has been in the making for awhile now.
Those who need to know through out the industry
are aware of a CC closing.
Some dealers have returned stock or want to return. No credit is being given to CC for warranty or otherwise.
Believe me this is the last thing I want to hear. I am a owner of a 2006 MAGNA.
I just report what I hear and see from the insiders.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
I traded my brand new 06 Alpine coach for a 01 Affinity and am real glad I did. I am hoping for CC to come back to life soon
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:58 AM   #5

As we all know, the manufacturer of a motor coach is really just an assembler. That is, all the component parts are purchased from others and only assembled by CC.

So, unless your coach is still under "Factory Warranty" the company closing should have no effect on you.

If you are still under Factory Warranty, I didn't see if CC has filed for Chapter 11 or are they just going out of business.

If they have filed for bankruptcy protection, you can always submit a claim to the court, but good luck. If they haven't and are just closing down the business, they still can be held responsible for financial claims such as warranty work. Simply saying "I quit" does not absolve you from your debts and responsibilities. You need the protection of the bankruptcy courts for that.
Daytona Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #6

I heard today that the power had been shut off througout the plant. This has not been confirmed.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #7

Which plant? There are 2 power companies country coach has. The plant 2 and service center are on pacific power and across the street where lamination is and and plant 1 and 10, and chassis are on EWEB. Very weird setup. They use first ave as a boundary between the two companies. I feel so badly for all my friends that are still there, and I am glad I left when I did. I left the end of Sept on my own accord and from May to August I may have worked 6 weeks out of that time. How quickly the tide turns. We couldn't build inspires fast enough doing 8 a week more then 3 years ago. Then we dropped production, had more then 53 coaches sitting on the fence, unsold, being told those were money in the bank. Country Coach got greedy, they wanted to compete and make 600+ a year when really we should have only been producing 400+ a year. they got away from what made Country Coach. Custom orders, units already sold, customers waiting for delivery. I was management there, and lower level management did an outstanding job building and making the best coaches possible. It was the guys in the office suppose to be predicting the change in RV climate. They never did and just saw a bottom line. Country Coach will be back, You wait. Bob Lee is just waiting, he will buy the name and start making a limited number of new coaches. He will write off the loss and restart the company much smaller. Jay Howard is the blame. This will be the 4th company he has sent out of business. The upper management team he created is a joke. 15 vice presidents. I am not saying all of them are bad, but... some are way not qualified for the position they are in. Thanks for letting me vent, it just makes me angry how the people have been treated down there, the real people that you never see that build your coaches. Not any of the managers or supervisors, but the real hands on people that over the years gave 50 to 60 hours a week to that company, and this is how they are repaid. A paycut, a loss of benefits, some people walked right out the door no explanation after 10 15 or 20 years with the company. I wish them all the best, and hope they land on there feed like I did!
clb250ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #8

I am in the automotive industry and have a good friend that is a supplier to the RV industry and we both agree that unless you have just purchased a new coach your problems should be few and we both agree that Country Coach will either survive or restructure.
SanJuan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #9

I was informed yesterday that CC will open in March and start producing 2010 models. The Country Coach Club will have it's Rally in Virginia in June. That's all the details I have but if you would contact someone in the club they might have more info.
BobGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Station Kval-TV posted this Jan 29, 2009:

JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- Employees of struggling RV manufacturer Country Coach fear the Junction City company is on the verge of a shutdown, but a company spokesman said he has no information that the company is closing.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the story.

(edited for copyright requirements)

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #11

Wells Fargo sues Country Coach for $8 million, asks that receiver be appointed for company
(Feb. 2, 2009) -- According to the complaint, Wells Fargo is seeking immediate payment of all sums due and Country Coach has agreed to the appointment of a receiver to evaluate the company and work with Wells Fargo to secure payment. In other words, Wells Fargo appears to be forcing Country Coach into bankruptcy, although no case has been filed with the bankruptcy court.
Employees recovering belongings at Country Coach described as "free for all"
(Feb. 2, 2009) -- "When I walked in there's nobody checking what you're taking in," she said "It's just a big free for all because nobody is supervising everything. And it's all in a big mess." Company officials plan to issue a press release today regarding Country Coach's current status.
New
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #12

There is bankruptsy and its various versions or chapters. Then there is just plain going out of buiseiness knowing there is no point to continuing a lost cause or manufacturing an item that will not sell in today's market. When the industry lands on its feet there will be only 10 to 20max percent of the hayday's volume.
Wells Fargo is only one of many on the list that have a chunk of CC debt.

My heart goes out to the all the employees and friends we have made in Junction City at COUNTRY COACH.
This is not something new, all involved have had warning that the day would come.

There is alot to be said for the area and the work force of the RV industry in Lane County.
hese are the same indeviduals that manufacture and service Country Coach, Monaco products and Marathon Coach.

There are indeviduals on this forum that I am sure can explain it much better that I can.
I do not believe CC will go away but as we have heard so much of lately there will be CHANGE.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #13

BREAKING NEWS
Country Coach Agrees to Appointing Receiver
RV Business
Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Responding to the lawsuit filed Jan. 28 by Wells Fargo Bank, lawyers for Junction City, Ore.-based motorhome builder Country Coach Inc. filed documents Monday (Feb. 2) stating the company would not oppose the appointment of a receiver to protect company assets provided the receiver was acting as an officer of the court and not as a “unilateral agent” for Wells Fargo, and provided the receiver was not given authority to dispose of company assets.

( edited for copyright requirements)
Old 02-10-2009, 04:42 AM   #14

Update: Country Coach Owner Seeks Bankruptcy
RV Business
Monday, February 9, 2009

The majority owner of Junction City, Ore.-based Country Coach LLC, acting as a creditor to the company, has filed a petition to force the financially ailing RV maker into involuntary bankruptcy.

( edited for copyright requirements)

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote