Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #113

Country Coach Owners Club
Wires

Thanks for all the info. Sure helps to know what you’re looking for. All numbered wires match up and are there. I tapped power from #75 (wire) terminal using wire #7. Ran #7 to a dash mounted switch then picked up #7 at the back of the rig. From there I followed Ron’s instructions. Now I can switch the fan to high by overriding (shutting off) the DC controller. In my recent 5000 mile trip I only needed the fan on full when running the AC in 100° ambient. The rig wasn’t overheating just the AC compressor was short cycling due to increased pressure from the heat.

Another subject. Noticed that dash gauges all show a little lower than what the silver leaf shows. The coolant gauge was the worst, so I changed out the engine sensor and the gauge. Improved but still not right. I moved the ground wire from the rats nest behind the dash to the ground bar and got a huge improvement, however, still not exact. I suspect a ground disturbance (loop), maybe some power feedback. Anyone have this problem and the fix?

Thanks again for the help. What a great forum!
Butterball06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2021, 06:31 PM   #114

Danfoss Controller Option

I thought I would give an update on the Danfoss fan controller option I installed a few years ago. After approximately three of years of running and over 14,000 miles I have had zero issues with it. I have climbed the rocky mountains in both the USA and Canada without a single overheat issue. The primary reason I 'm writing this is to boast about my fuel milage improvement. With my old, original, Danfoss controller I would consistently get between 6.4 to 6.5 mpg. Now my average is between 7.4 to 7.6 mpg. This has exceeded my expectations in performance & fuel economy.
Sincerely,
CC Rider
2005 Inspire Siena, 400 Cat C-9 Engine, Towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
PS: I am not trying to convince anyone into this system, I am just reporting my results.
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:53 AM   #115

Wax Valve is better option. Lots of ways to get better mileage, you could buy a Prius.
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:48 PM   #116
Community Moderator

Ron, I can add my experience to yours...

I have driven about 700 miles since the mod, climbed shasta mountain from Oregon towards south, no issues. I haven't logged enough miles to attest the mileage improvent, but I have noticed that my fuel level indicator used to stay at right below than 1/2 after 400 miles driving, the last time I filled up at Costco in Medford and arrived in San Jose I still had 5/8 left over; that was 425 miles stretch. I know it's not a correct way to measure the fuel economy, but I could tell the difference and I couldn't be happier.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #117

RonandSuw74

Thank you for the feedback. A thoughtful gesture and the 3 year "test" gives it some authenticity.
What does your improvement consist of? All electronic or?

Thanks!
Boomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:25 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomper View Post
RonandSuw74

Thank you for the feedback. A thoughtful gesture and the 3 year "test" gives it some authenticity.
What does your improvement consist of? All electronic or?

Thanks!
Concur! And glad they've improved the software!

I had no problem with the Wax Valve on our ISL, liked it and I felt more power to wheels, and about .5MPG higher MPG..

That being said, it's great to have options!

Thanks,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:05 AM   #119

Fuel Improvement

Boomper, Electronic, it's based on my ScanGauge. Although, it's backed up by my fuel gauge. When I track miles driven I do have more fuel left in my tank than I used to.
CCRider
ronandsue74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:24 AM   #120

what

Jerry Seinfeld says......
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #121
TTD

NEVERMIND... found your original thread on this.

====

Was this a do it yourself project? I believe I have the Danfoss on my 08 Allure and the fan is defaulted to high speed.

I would like to replace with a new DF controller too. Any tips for ordering?
TTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:46 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD View Post
NEVERMIND... found your original thread on this.

====

Was this a do it yourself project? I believe I have the Danfoss on my 08 Allure and the fan is defaulted to high speed.

I would like to replace with a new DF controller too. Any tips for ordering?
I think you can get the controller from Whitehouse Products UK..the fan motor too.

Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:16 PM   #123

I have gotten mine from https://www.bfpna.com/ .
gsander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 06:29 PM   #124
Community Moderator

Since my mod I have had 3 tank refills and the average fuel economy improved by 0.8 mpg (from right about 8.0 to 8.8). Now my engine runs much quieter and smoother; on a flat road in 62-65mph I noticed that the engine was frequently wandering around 27-40% load. Very happy with the result.

Happy trails!
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:35 AM   #125

Country Coach Owners Club
To previous post from TTD. 08 Allure should have the controls in the ECM. you may need to look at sensors if the fan is on high
Old 01-18-2022, 02:25 PM   #126

I have purchased kit from Source Engineering and trying to figure which line is P and which is T. My lines are not marked going into Sauer Danfoss Controller. Any help would be appreciated it seems like the older I get the brain just don't work like it used to.
lbfrombigd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, fan