Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2022, 02:29 PM   #1

dash /home switch info

Howdy: I have discovered my dash/home switch is stuck on home mode. May have been like this for a while. In a group of 4 switches lower left of driver. Curb lights, o/h fans, dash home and trip. Switches are illuminated when flipped, but dash /home is not. Should it be? Home audio is fine. Dash audio is working but no connection to speakers. Back of switch has only 4 wires. Daisy chained blue and green from other switches, most likely power and ground, 12 v or some such. Function of this switch is to change amp input from home audio to dash audio/cd changer. Two wires out back of switch labeled 4888 and 6105 are in the back switched poles on the carling switch. 4888 goes directly to a typical Bosch auto relay. When this relay is pulled , you can feel a click and dash stereo goes dark. Sort of points to home relay stuck, or bad switch (unlikely).
My problem is my house diagrams make no mention or do not show any of this wiring. Coming off the bosch relay are 2 numbered 8820 and 8188.
Anybody have a clue where the relay for wire 6105 is located? Simply have no access nor can see inside the dash further back toward front of coach. Trouble shooting this is simply a royal pain in the A...
Jonathan, 2008 Allure Sunset Bay 37 425 ISL #31609
jonemw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2022, 07:17 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Should be on you Audio Video drawings. Mine is on Audio/Visual, GPS, Back up drawing 9of10.

Unfortunately I have a 2007 and no Dash radio ignition Relay. A bit different.

That said 4888 is Domestic power to dash radio memory and V+ to dash radio ignition relay. 8829 is ignition fuse box to dash radio ignition relay (for 4888 power). 6105 is dash/home speaker relay to switch - it provides the power to illuminate the switch.

Does sound like speaker relay may be malfunctioning. Mine looks like this underneath the dash panel back cover. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4971.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	375255

Let me know if you can’t find your drawing in the audio video house drawingS. I can post my 2007 as a guide.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 02:24 PM   #3

Well, Brian, I cannot find any AV diagrams or wiring info in my files. Working blind mostly. One thing i do know now is that my 2008 coach is different than yours. i have torn the dash apart and have found the harness, but mine does not terminate in a short wire group with a relay socket at the end. my harness heads into the jumble on the front wall of the coach. I absolutely cannot see any relay. I have also learned that the home audio connections are default, based on the wire number legends. So , the dash audio is connected when the relay is energized. Why would somebody place a relay in an inaccessible location or at least very hidden. The dash/home switch is not illuminated, and all wires on the back of the switch block are doing their job. Just need to get why wire 2150 does not have power. Cannot find any fuse related, but it almost must be there somewhere. The fight continues, but is is 104 today....
Old 09-03-2022, 02:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonemw View Post
Well, Brian, I cannot find any AV diagrams or wiring info in my files. Working blind mostly. One thing i do know now is that my 2008 coach is different than yours. i have torn the dash apart and have found the harness, but mine does not terminate in a short wire group with a relay socket at the end. my harness heads into the jumble on the front wall of the coach. I absolutely cannot see any relay. I have also learned that the home audio connections are default, based on the wire number legends. So , the dash audio is connected when the relay is energized. Why would somebody place a relay in an inaccessible location or at least very hidden. The dash/home switch is not illuminated, and all wires on the back of the switch block are doing their job. Just need to get why wire 2150 does not have power. Cannot find any fuse related, but it almost must be there somewhere. The fight continues, but is is 104 today....

I found my speaker relay initially by following the speaker wires from overhead and dash radio output.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
Old 09-03-2022, 05:30 PM   #5

I too have a dash/home switch
2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay #31535
wfalch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:41 AM   #6

Well, under dash exploration has found a bundle of speaker wires. Only 4 however, not enough for all speakers, but anyway proof that the dash home relay should be around there somewhere. Wire 6105 actually energizes the relay, it is output from switch and 4888 is input for 12v power to switch. No lights for this switch, it is not on off, but either/or. Anyway have active 4888 power, switch contacts good, 6105 will carry 12v coil power to relay, but cannot locate. previous post said wire 2150, brain fade , should have been 6105. All wires burrow into wall. since speaker wires are present here, at least some of them, really seems like relay should be here too.

If possible, Brian, could you post or send or whatever, the drawing you have of this. Since wire numbers are the same for the two model years, there has to be much similarity, even if component location may change. The relay you showed in pic has far smaller gauge wires than I have, and that is a concerning point since relay may also be very different. i have no idea why i do not have any AV drawings, never even noticed they were missing....
Old 09-04-2022, 07:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonemw View Post
Well, under dash exploration has found a bundle of speaker wires. Only 4 however, not enough for all speakers, but anyway proof that the dash home relay should be around there somewhere. Wire 6105 actually energizes the relay, it is output from switch and 4888 is input for 12v power to switch. No lights for this switch, it is not on off, but either/or. Anyway have active 4888 power, switch contacts good, 6105 will carry 12v coil power to relay, but cannot locate. previous post said wire 2150, brain fade , should have been 6105. All wires burrow into wall. since speaker wires are present here, at least some of them, really seems like relay should be here too.

If possible, Brian, could you post or send or whatever, the drawing you have of this. Since wire numbers are the same for the two model years, there has to be much similarity, even if component location may change. The relay you showed in pic has far smaller gauge wires than I have, and that is a concerning point since relay may also be very different. i have no idea why i do not have any AV drawings, never even noticed they were missing....
Actually your 2008 Allure was the "new wire number" protocol. 4800-4999 are domestic supply circuits, 6000 series are audio visual (For reference 1000 are chassis circuits, 2000 series are lighting circuits, 3000 are data/communications, 4000-4799 series are 12V domestic switched circuits, 5000 series are 120V circuits, 7000-7799 are chassis cabling, 7800-7999 are chassis 12V supply, 8000-8799 are ignition circuits, 8800-8999 are ignition 12V supply circuits).

My late year 2007 has the old wire numbering - there is a bit of logic in the transition - my 88 is your 4888, my 105 is your 6105. Let me know if there are others.

Hope this helps,
Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio Visual Backup 2007 Allure.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	375446  
Old 09-05-2022, 10:33 AM   #8

Thanks very much for that diagram. While 2008 is different in detail, it serves as a basically similar guideline, and is now in the files.
Never did find the front speaker relay. Cut many cable ties to get things loose, but no joy. Simply started tracing wires and bundles. Ended up finding a muiltipin connector, 9 I think, downstream of the head unit that was loose/partly unplugged. Now secured with a cable tie as retainer clip was weak, likely from age. Anyway plugging and securing this restored dash/home function and in dash audio and cd changer is now operational.

Task list reduced from 10,000 to 9999!

Tags
dash, switch