Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Diferences between Inspire and Intrigue

I am still searching for the perfect Motor home for DW and I. We really want a Country Coach, and feel like we can afford what a used 2000 Intrigue or Allure would cost. BUT, lately I am seeing some 2004 and 2005 Inspires which come close to the same price.

My question is, given that the price was the same, would it be better to get a newer Inspire with 3 or 4 slides and which I assume is of a lesser quality, OR should we continue to look for a well maintained 2000 Intrigue or Allure?
Is there that much difference in quality of the build?

What to the wise oracles of the Owners Group think???
Herbie801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #2

I am not wise nor an Oracle, else I would be more financially successful.

But I do have an opinion.

I like air leveling and side radiators. I believe some Intrigues came with those features. If so, that would be my choice.

But....I have no slides now so acquiring 3 or 4 slides would not influence my decision.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #3

Hi Herbie,

A year ago when we bought our coach it was the overall first choice. Second choice was a 2006 Inspire with side radiator. There are few poor choices when it comes to CC. The quality was good throughout the lines with a few exceptions. Some Inspires with read radiators was one poor choice. Veranda IMHO was another. I cannot suggest what is important to you, but for my wife and I some slides as opposed to none was a deal breaker for the non slide ones. We looked at a CC Prevost that had no slides. It was extremely high end, but we needed a couple of slides. For us two was the magic number on slides. We liked a little longer coach with slides only on one side. We would have been OK with double slides in the bedroom, but would not have been OK with two slides in the front. The fourth slide on the passenger front was a disadvantage to the Inspire.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #4

The Intrigue is the lower end of the high end Country Coach line up, so has quite a few features that you won't find in an Inspire. The Allure is the high end of the low end of the Country Coach lineup and the Inspire is just below the Allure. It would be best to look at the features, floor plan, engine, etc. on each coach and then make your decision. Before we bought our Intrigue we had looked at Inspires, but were not convinced that we would be trading up from the coach we then owned (a 2003 Beaver). Just a little food for thought.
sharbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #5

I liked the value of the Inspires, but to get that value (CC construction and attention to detail), they do not come with anywhere near the equipment levels of the Allure and above. Adding to Sharbra's post, the Inspires were not equipped with the items we were looking for. In my research of CC, I was told that the Allure was the entry level of the higher end CC's. Looking at the base models between the Allure and Intrique, we found most of the same key items. (Hydra Hot, Gold Heat flooring, ISL (370 vs 400, but both 1200lbs torque), equal quality in cabinets. The material choices between the two, had better quality fabrics in the Intrique.)

So in my understanding of the grading levels of CC, very variable by the year, the Allure slides in more to the Intrigue side of the line. 2002-2004 was our target years. In 2004 Inspire has the 350 with 1050lbs, water heater, normal furnace. Compared to Allure/Intrigue having basically the same base model items, with the noted difference above on ISL's 370 vs 400. The Intrigue does have more options available, including the CAT C12 505 and Allison 400, on the 42' models (we were targeting the 40', so not a factor).

IMO, I would target a Allure,Intrigue,Magna over the Inspire. Dropping years to to match budgets. I feel the significant differences in equipment between these, warrants this. One thing we wanted, was a tag, and I don't recall the Inspire having tag's? Again, very variable by year. Use the below Damon Rapozo site to do comparisons in model years you are considering.
Model History | Damon Rapozo

Best of luck,
Smitty
04 Allure 40' Tag - High Cascade model
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #6

Thanks Smitty. That was the perfect answer. Of course I would prefer a Magna or Afinity, but it appears that we will probably be settling for an Intrigue, maybe an allure.

We expect to be pulling the trigger fairly early in 2011. Hope the prices are still depressed. (grin).
Herbie801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #7

Just purchased an 05' CC Inspire, 1/4/11. We tried to purchase an Intrigue from a consignment lot in Or. but the deal never happened. I liked the Intrigue a bit better, but was concerned there may be more to go wrong with the 04', with the heated floors, etc., as well as the finish on the roof was let go, and it sat for over a year, unused. We saw the coach we bought and it was in mint condition. Only time and use will tell if that is true, but there isn't so much as a scratch on the interior. We looked at a lot of coaches, hit every place in Arizona and Or. we could find, and finally decided to purchase the one we did in Oregon. I think it all depends on your budget, and what you feel comfortable spending.
ja63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #8

Congratulations JA63

We exchanged a few emails when you were in Phoenix.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #9

JA63 - Congrats on the Inspire!

The Inspire is after all, a CC, that makes a fine rig!

Finding a quality cared for used coach is tough. Sounds like you found a gem. Enjoy learning the systems, and the rig...

This board is great, but I also suggest the CC Vets at Yahoo CC User Groups - between these two boards (many cross members (Hi Bob)), you'll get very good support.

Be safe, and go have a blast!
Smitty
04 Allure
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote