Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #15

Hey Don - Timing is everything! 600 miles, if a slow dripping leak, maybe doable. Though never fun driving with a combustible fluid leaking!

And TR4/Bill - One of the main reasons I included those threads, was because you had taken this to the next level! And yeah, they have good pictures too.

I really need to add a 'Disclaimer' to all my posts, that I'm a 'Enthusiastic Owner', with 'Internet Search Education', combined with a PHD from 'The School of Burn as U Learn'.

So everyone should factor my background, do their own research (As Bill/TR4 did!) before making any decisions!

Best to all,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Smitty, what is a rough estimate for the Faas pump install from Brazel's? I need to know if I need to start picking up aluminum cans along the roads to pay for it.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #17

inner door latch cover on 2005 cc magna

Anyone know where you can get inter door latch cover on my 2005 cc magna, bought a cast one from country coach, didn't fit, old one is plastic, thanks mitch
milehitruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehitruck View Post
Anyone know where you can get inter door latch cover on my 2005 cc magna, bought a cast one from country coach, didn't fit, old one is plastic, thanks mitch

Probably be best to start your own thread with this request.
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehitruck View Post
First thing is that there is no more Country Coach. The Winnie bunch appears to be trying to distance themselves from CC owners. Best thing to do is establish yourself with the techs that worked for CC that now have their own business. There is Kevin Waite, Bob Vinson to name a couple. Then you have the service places such as Oregon Motorcoach (full of ex CC workers) Premier RV and Carrier and Sons
Old 12-08-2016, 10:34 PM   #20

Well, it wasn't the lift pump! CAPS bit the dust so we will leave the coach here in Sacramento and drive home until the fix is completed. Just as well because I have to go to court on the 21st because I signed to have an illegal parked vehicle towed
Old 12-08-2016, 11:12 PM   #21

Sorry to here that Don from what I have been seeing that is an expensive repair . I have a lot less miles on mine and will be making my first 2000 mile trip in a couple of weeks. I'm considering installing a fass pump set up with a pressure gage like Smitty has suggested when I get back home next spring...roy 2002 allure
Roy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #22

I talked with Brazels last week. the Fass pump is 500.00 plus fuel lines and labor. I'm not sure which way to go? The Oem pump is around 450.00. Since I am doing my own work, I'm trying to figure out which direction to go....
John Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #23
TR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
I talked with Brazels last week. the Fass pump is 500.00 plus fuel lines and labor. I'm not sure which way to go? The Oem pump is around 450.00. Since I am doing my own work, I'm trying to figure out which direction to go....
In my opinion, if you have the same two filter set up I have (stock Country Coach), then the Fass pump is the easier install. Hardest part was having two custom fuel lines made and running power to the pump. You leave your old lift pump in place.

Bill
Old 12-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4 View Post
In my opinion, if you have the same two filter set up I have (stock Country Coach), then the Fass pump is the easier install. Hardest part was having two custom fuel lines made and running power to the pump. You leave your old lift pump in place.

Bill
Supposedly my lift pump is fine so I'll run it this winter. This spring when I'm back in Brazel's country, I'll have the Fass pump installed. Smitty said the pump can be found on line cheaper than at Brazel's so I will look into that. I have no desire to climb around in the engine compartment so they will do the work
Old 12-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #25

Hey Don - OUCH! And of course, sorry to hear the news.

Once the shock is over. Would you mind posting about this on a new thread under Cummins?

Add some of the following info:

-Do you additive lubrications?
-Any signs of the filters having any problems/contamination/partial clogging? (Possibly a bit of fuel starvation to the CAPS?)
-Any other history that you feel may have contributed to the demise of the CAPS?

My goal is not to make you keep thinking about they upcoming check to be written, but to possibly help someone else down the road. From the character of your posts on several different RV'ing related subjects - you do things the right way. So sure not trying to kick you while your CAPS is down!

And sure, sometimes 'stuf (Purposely left a '4 letter word!) happens'.

Best to you, and all,
Smitty
Old 12-11-2016, 10:06 PM   #26

Smitty,
I can answer some of the questions now.

-Do you additive lubrications?
Nope. I have a friend that is a Cummins certified tech and he says that added "snake oil" is not needed. The federal specs call for the lubricity of the ULSD fuel to be the same as the non ULSD. He doesn't use anything in his Cummons ISC. His mileage is a little less than my 146,000. My friend is Canadian and his comment was "It sucks to be you!"
-Any signs of the filters having any problems/contamination/partial clogging? (Possibly a bit of fuel starvation to the CAPS?)
Nothing. I had the Source Engineering wax valve installed before I headed east last summer. I did notice what I thought was a drop in mileage but kissed it off to high temperatures and head winds. Going east is considered going downhill and the mileage should not have been effected. Coming back west, the mileage got worse as I was going up hill and a reduction would be expected.
-Any other history that you feel may have contributed to the demise of the CAPS?
Can't think of anything. I usually fuel at either Pacific Pride locations or Pilot/FJ just because of availability.

I am currently home awaiting pump installation, had to leave the coach in Sacramento and then go home to Birch Bay,WA Works out pretty well as at the same time I got the bad news, I got an email telling me I have a court date and if I don't show up, a warrant for my arrest will be issued. Pretty harsh for me having an illegally parked vehicle towed. I'll get back to the coach on the 22nd and continue heading south. I'll post a followup further down the line.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-11-2016, 10:31 PM   #27

Thanks Don!!!

And glad you won't be spending the Holidays in prison... Who would have ever thought you were a 'Hard core illegal car parker!' - hope this blows over quickly, and without too much exchange of money.

And stay warm, looks like the North West has been had a few storms blow through!!!

Best,
Smitty
Old 12-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #28

Hey smitty do you by chance know the model or part number of the fass pump you had installed in your rig? Looks like all have a filter attached and are rated in various gpm.
Roy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak