Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Dreaded No Headlight Issue 2007 Allure

I have the "no headlight" issue that some have experienced. 2007 Allure 470 Sunset Bay with VIP Smartwheel SM211. I have the VIP troubleshooting document and have located all the components in the coach.

So far I have confirmed good fuses and good bulbs. Now I am digging into the turn signal switch as a culprit (wear part). The headlight circuit travels through this switch.

Question - Can anyone confirm the part number of the turn signal switch as a Douglas Autotec TM012? My google search shows this may be unit.

I will pull the old one before I order - just wanted to get a head start.

Any comments from others who have done this repair are appreciated. Your trouble shooting input is always appreciated.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #2

When this happened to me I replaced the board behind the brake pedal panel, then my lights went out again and I unplugged the board and reseated them and the headlights came back on. have you tried that?

this was a 2005 allure
Old 10-16-2019, 06:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
When this happened to me I replaced the board behind the brake pedal panel, then my lights went out again and I unplugged the board and reseated them and the headlights came back on. have you tried that?

this was a 2005 allure
I am pretty lazy troubleshooter - removing and replacing all connectors is the first thing I usually do.... For me cycling the connectors did not solve my problem.
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
Old 10-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #4

ok throwing out some ideas, one time I had a problem when I would pull on the high beam switch, might try hitting that if you have not already done so.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:10 PM   #5

Update.

Symptoms - no headlights yet. High beam indication is "on" on dash lights, no headlights. Also no Daytime Running lights when put into drive with service brake released (motorhome has DRL module hamsar H8015b - adds confusion as to how it is wired into headlight circuit).

Trouble shooting today - had wiring list for CC and found wire labels 196 from switch to smart wheel module, headlight on from smart wheel module to relay, relay to dimmer switch (in turn signal assembly) and wire label 59 to low beam and label 58 to high beam.

Confirmed turn signal assembly is Douglas Autotech TM012.

Interestingly - when checking voltage at integrated dimmer/turn signal switch - running voltage at both high and low beam terminals (58/59) - cycling dimmer switch did not change voltage at either low or high beam terminals - had running voltage 13.5V. Disconnected connector and checked continuity on dimmer switch - continuity correctly cycled from low beam terminal (59) to high beam (58) with cycling dimmer switch - it appears to be operating properly.

Reconnected harness to turn signal/dimmer switch in column and disconnected headlights at bulbs - high beam indication in dash lights goes out and all appears to work correctly - I can cycle high/low beam and dash light indicates high beam cycles correctly. Once I reconnect head light bulbs it "shorts" and no ability to cycle high/low beam according to dash indication. And no low or high beam headlights - and no DRL.

Tommorow I will buy a couple of new 9007 HID bulbs and try that - hard to imagine both bulbs are NFG. No wiring harness issues - wear or pinching.

Saga continues.

PS - I have yet to put the VIP SM211 into diagnostics mode and check but it seems to be working on all other functions - so hard to believe it is NFG. Will do that in the next couple of days.... sigh - work gets in the way....

Brian
Old 10-20-2019, 12:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssgritton View Post
ok throwing out some ideas, one time I had a problem when I would pull on the high beam switch, might try hitting that if you have not already done so.

Same thing happened to me. Check the high beam switch.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:56 PM   #7

Dreaded No Headlight Issue 2007 Allure

Update. Ground connection at FC2 connector. Connects headlight harness to Chassis Dash harness - located behind inspection panel front of driver behind generator slide. It is right beside steering box and is exposed to road spray.

CC taped it well with electrical tape but was dirty and not making contact on headlight ground back to chassis. Cleaned up and electrical contact grease added, resealed. All good.

Smart wheel control module tested good with diagnostics mode. High beam/signal flasher tested good with headlight harness disconnected from column.

Ps it is a Douglas Autotec TM012 flasher.

Tags
headlight, light