Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #1

Electric Toilet review

My (new to me) 2006 Intrigue has a fancy electric toilet on the curb side water closet. I'm sure it has a fancy macramer pump that pumps it over to the holding tank on the other side. Has anyone experienced problems with theirs? Lock up, stop working? I had one in our boat and it always went on the fritz after it was loaded up. It was the captains responsibility to solve the problem and I am sure that were it to happen in the m.h., I would be called on to fix the problem. Obviously I am paranoid but I would like to be prepared with advise from others.

Oh how I loved my simple trap door hole in the floor previous model.

So far I have only practiced flushing clean water, so no problems yet! But there will be a time when the ....... hits the pump. Thanks.
Hookum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #2

KZ RV Club
We also have a new to us 2006 Intrigue. The only complaint I have about the macerator is the sound. And of course, it growls not once but twice. No stealth visits to the restroom at night!

We also had a challenge adjusting the water level (it's in a little "nook" off to the side of the cabinet over the toilet . . . found it by accident.). If you let it fill with a lot of water, you'll find your black tank filling up much more quickly than the old trap door model. We've found a solution for us -- we set the water low for minimal "contents." When the need arises, we keep a plastic cup in the medicine cupboard and fill the toilet manually from the sink either before or after the deed. It works great and that way we don't add a lot of water needlessly to the black water tank. It just does seem to fill up faster still than our trap door model, BUT we don't get any "backwash" scent from the black tank either. Just DO NOT let anything but contents and toilet paper go down that toilet. Someone on this forum had his wife flush I think it was nail clippers or something. Ouch. Macerators don't like those!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #3

My water level in the bowl is 1/4" above the exit hole and that is not enough water. I did find the water level adjustment in the little nook in the cupboard but it already is turned all the way to max (+). Maybe I will try turning it all the way to neg. (-) thinking that someone reversed the wires by mistake??

Yes the noise does eliminate the quiet visits. But having a cup for adding water is a good idea.

This coming weekend will be our 1st shakedown trip to Mission Beach, San Diego from our home in Tucson.

Thank you John & Kathy for your response on a delicate subject.

Norbert Lawson
42' CC Intrigue
Old 05-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #4

KZ RV Club
1/4" above the exit hole is about as good as it gets . . . may be a little lower than ours. When we put it all the way to the negative there's next to nothing in the bowl, but more is added as you flush.

Are you staying at Mission Bay RV Park? We've stayed there for years because John often has conferences to attend in San Diego. We thought it was the only park for our sized coach in town, but have found that it's really deteriorating. Last February we took the tow dingy to look at Chula Vista RV Park (about 20 minutes south) and really liked it. We'll stay there next time.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #5

Ok, if the water only gets a 1/4" above the exit hole then I will have that silly plastic cub handy.

I have stayed at the Mission Bay RV for the past 10 years and I agree, it has deteriorated and the atmosphere has changed but we like the kayak paddling and sailing in the bay, the long sidewalk and bike riding opportunities and it is very central to visits from our relatives who live close by.

Chula Vista is far nicer and we may still consider it. We generally only visit once a year for 3 or 4 days so we can put up with some of the negatives. We will see how it is this year.
Norbert
Old 05-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
hmmm, mine, a techma, has never been a bit of trouble. Setting the water level is quick and easy, and can be set about anywhere. it does seem to fill the black tank quickly, I've always considered that to be a failure on my part to use enough water in my previous motorhome.

I like it, and the sanicon that goes with it. easy and Non-smelly.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote