Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2023, 10:53 AM   #1

Engine access

My 2006 inspire has what looks to be a removable panel in the rear passenger side compartment. Also the plug ins for the ECM are mounted on that panel. My question is, Is that panel actually removable for engine access, or is the only access thru the Bedroom hatch and the rear engine compartment door.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2023, 11:41 AM   #2

Think I eye’d that too on my ‘04, but no, at least on mine.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:45 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
The panel you are referring to is access to the starter switch/starter, very tight but works for some components. Anything top end of engine is through rear bath closet/floor access.
Stonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:31 AM   #4

Thanks Stonefish,I'm specifically interested in accessing the oil pressure sensors, Is that doable thru there?
Old 03-29-2023, 05:19 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmbrewr View Post
Thanks Stonefish,I'm specifically interested in accessing the oil pressure sensors, Is that doable thru there?
My coach has the Cummins, so not sure.
Stonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Just did both the CAT ECM pressure sensor and the pressure switch on my '05 Inspire (C9) last month. No access from the side, I ended up removing the muffler/tailpipe asm and crawling in from underneath. Wasn't too bad of a job once the muffler was out of the way.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:30 AM   #7

Engine access

honEX duner is correct. Remove the muffler for access to sensors. Also may have to remove the slobber tube if you have a C9. Recommend that you outline the muffler brackets with a heavy marker to help with re-installation. It can be a real bear for alignment. Ask me how I know.
Good luck.

p.s. Also recommend that since you have the muffler off, remove both ECM connectors and spray some CRC or other reputable contact cleaner on the connectors (both ends). Also did the same for the trans (TCM) in the for DS compartment.
GoldenRetrieverAgility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:19 AM   #8

PM sent

honEXduner & GoldenRetrieverAgility, I have sent you both a Private message
Old 03-30-2023, 10:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRetrieverAgility View Post
honEX duner is correct. Remove the muffler for access to sensors. Also may have to remove the slobber tube if you have a C9. Recommend that you outline the muffler brackets with a heavy marker to help with re-installation. It can be a real bear for alignment. Ask me how I know.
Good luck.

p.s. Also recommend that since you have the muffler off, remove both ECM connectors and spray some CRC or other reputable contact cleaner on the connectors (both ends). Also did the same for the trans (TCM) in the for DS compartment.
x2 on the slobber tube, also replaced the o-ring on the plastic housing since I was there.

I actually removed the muffler and tailpipe as one to avoid messing with the clamps. Removed the hanger on the tailpipe that attaches inside the rearmost compartment, the 4 muffler mounting bolts to the frame and the band clamp on the downpipe (front of muffler).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7057.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	389221  
Old 03-30-2023, 10:54 AM   #10

Quote:
honEXduner & GoldenRetrieverAgility, I have sent you both a Private message
Just bought my unit last month. On initial inspection, it had a DTC in the engine computer indicating an issue with the CAT pressure sensor. When digging into it, I found melted wire insulation and a failed oil pressure switch so that got replaced also. The oil pressure switch controls one of the warning lights on the dash (when pressure is low) and engages the "boost solenoid" to tie the house and chassis batteries together to enable charging (when pressure is present). There is a third sensor in the same region that feeds the oil pressure gauge on the dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7064.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	389224  
Old 03-31-2023, 12:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Just remove the bolts that holds that panel in place then you can get to all 3 pressure switches. The bottom one with the yellow wire goes to the dash, the center one goes to the ECM, I had to replace that sender.
2 stroker Click image for larger version

Name:	20171002_145430.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	389272
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:44 PM   #12

Thanks to all who replied. That clears things up for me. One last question, what is the larger sensor with no wires connected to it in the picture that honXduner posted?
Old 03-31-2023, 09:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Thanks to all who replied. That clears things up for me. One last question, what is the larger sensor with no wires connected to it in the picture that honXduner posted?
In order from top to bottom:

Oil pressure switch (warning light and boost solenoid)

CAT ECU pressure sensor

Dash gauge pressure sensor

Tags
access, engine