Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2015, 11:00 PM   #1

Feedback please

I have recently purchased a 2005 cc magna 630 Rembrandt , it was a one own trade in supposedly . What should I be looking for as to potential issues with that year , it has a c13 . I am very mechanically inclined and have went over it well fixing small issues but am new to a coach this technical !! Any advice would be great.....

Randy
Randy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2015, 11:04 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OH boy!! What a learning curve there will be! We just bought the Magna in my sig line and what a difference over the Dutch Star.
Even picked up a speeding ticket (first in over 25 years) due to it being so much quieter and smoother. Just let the speed build too much on a downhill grade.
The '02 Dutch Star
Didn't have the SaniCon so I need to learn that.
Didn't have the AquaHot.
Didn't have the VMS although I had a VMSpc.
Didn't have the built in TPMS but I did have an aftermarket one.
Different AV setup so need to adapt my receivers to it.
Much heavier but also more powerful.
Totally different engine setup.
Totally different as far as adding oil to the engine.
All the fluids take so much more.
Home type refer, but the door comes open while driving. Need to add a better lock.
Solar panels we didn't have.
Front Koni shocks that don't seem to be strong enough.
Etc.....
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:09 PM   #3

I have most of it figured out, guessing I will get frustrated a little after I get over being nervous.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:49 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy. View Post
I have most of it figured out, guessing I will get frustrated a little after I get over being nervous.
Nervous?
About/from what?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #5

Outside of normal wear and tear items, check to see if it has a wet or dry PTO. The transmission PTO powers the cooling fans and the power steering. The dry PTOs has been known to fail. The refrigerator coming open is a simple matter of installing a hook-shaped metal piece connecting the refer doors together.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #6

As stated look for the wet PTO
http://www.jdrv1.com/sitebuildercont...s/pto-101a.pdf
also with a Cat you need to change the oil around 5000mi because of the Heui pump.
HEUI diesel injection system
The injectors shear the oil because of the pressure they build, I use a 15w40 some use a 10w30 and use only Advanced High Efficiency Filters (oil and fuel) and sample your oil.
Keep an eye on the radiator and maybe a coolant flush.
Change the Hyd filers because the fan and steering maybe your slides
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #7
srh

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I would say the nervous part was when you were writing the check! It is downhill from here.
Congratulations and Safe Travels!
Old 04-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #8

2005 CC magna again

Ok , thanks so far . I know the big trans cooler unit has just been replaced and a few other issues have been taken care of.

I have it scheduled in tomorrow for a oil change and all new filters and couple of tires and a grease job.. I still have to de-winterize it and check over the Hydro-Hot system to make sure all is working well . I did buy the extended warranty to hedge my bet or to cover my back side

How do I know if it has a wet PTO??

what are Hyd Filers ??? totally got me here ???

I am using only OEM cat filters I assume that they are AHEF ?

Can anyone think of anything else that I should be looking for or doing ??

Looks like it might take a bit to get the abbreviations
Old 04-01-2015, 01:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Ok , thanks so far . I know the big trans cooler unit has just been replaced and a few other issues have been taken care of.

I have it scheduled in tomorrow for a oil change and all new filters and couple of tires and a grease job.. I still have to de-winterize it and check over the Hydro-Hot system to make sure all is working well . I did buy the extended warranty to hedge my bet or to cover my back side

How do I know if it has a wet PTO??

what are Hyd Filers ??? totally got me here ???

I am using only OEM cat filters I assume that they are AHEF ?

Can anyone think of anything else that I should be looking for or doing ??

Looks like it might take a bit to get the abbreviations
PTO
CHELSEA PTO
Hyd Filters
Mine has a tank by the oil dip stick and it has a T handle rubber plug, mine takes 3 nelson filters that are stacked, I got at Cummins NW p/n 84220A but I think they are Fleetguard filters cost$ $8.20 each, your coach may be different.
Do you have a RR frig or a Not-So-Cold, I ditched the norcold and installed the Samsung 197
Hope this helps.
2 stroker
Old 04-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralko View Post
Outside of normal wear and tear items, check to see if it has a wet or dry PTO. The transmission PTO powers the cooling fans and the power steering. The dry PTOs has been known to fail. The refrigerator coming open is a simple matter of installing a hook-shaped metal piece connecting the refer doors together.
Luckily (or unluckily as the case may be, see my thread on the blown ISX) we have the 650 Cummins, they all came with the wet PTO.
And, yes, that exactly what I did although as a temporary measure I used a piece of plywood scavenged from a friends stockpile while in Fresno. Unfortunately that was after the third time it came open, each time dumping glass containers from the top shelf onto the tile floor and the tile is much stronger than the glass!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:16 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Make sure you have the air dryer serviced since many folks just don't do that as required. It will need to have a new filter/dessicant cannister.

Also, CC uses the Southco latches to keep the doors closed on the residential fridges. They work very well until the spring gets weak. Mine are mounted at the bottom of the doors. I had to replace one recently and we've never had the doors come open while underway. Anyone who sells RV parts/supplies usually have them in their hardware section. Look on your wardrobe closet doors and you will see the same latch.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #12

Randy - Use and enjoy it and fix what you need to. But mix in some fun with putting money into it.

Seems like your year was the first one with flush mounted dual pane windows. I ran into a guy last year that had the same coach /year as yours and he had to replace his windows as they leaked. Meaning the vacuum seal leaked.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
Randy - Use and enjoy it and fix what you need to. But mix in some fun with putting money into it.

Seems like your year was the first one with flush mounted dual pane windows. I ran into a guy last year that had the same coach /year as yours and he had to replace his windows as they leaked. Meaning the vacuum seal leaked.
Tell me about it, Dave Roots has fixed all of my windows. DS ticket window fixed by CC just before I got it and Dave just 2 weeks ago redid it. He said they did not do the job right plus I got to help him on the repair, I learned a lot.
2 stroker
Old 04-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post

Bob, the flush mounted windows were only on the Affinity, not on the Magna. They both have the same sealing problem with the foggy windows, though. Big difference is on the Magna they can take the window apart, whereas on the Affinity, they have to break one of the double panes to fix the seals according to Country Coach.
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote