Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #1

Finally moving forward again

Hi All,
Well after a long bout with dealer (long story and don’t want to go into it) after we purchased our used coach we are moving forward and keeping the original we started with 20 some months ago.
About our coach.
2004 Country Coach Intrigue “Sweet Serenade” 40’ Quad Slide CCI Serial #11811
Da Toad 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4 dr. Air Force One
Things done:
• New tires all around
• New Batteries
• New cloth on all slides
• New base on passenger seat
• Replaced headlights
• Diamond Vision applied to windshield

Things being done at Premier RV at this time:
• Chassis Service
Installation of Wet spline Kit
• Engine Service
• Hydro Hot Service
• Install Wax Valve controller for Radiator
• Replace Drivers side glass with Laminate glass (no more foggy windows)
• Installation of Airforce One Ping Tank
• Check out TPMS system (was indicating no pressure in Passenger front) Bad battery or sensor? Possibly upgrade (have a thread on this in the Class A forum)
• Replace outdated Carbon monoxide sensor
• Service engine brake (might as well their going to be by it)
• Service Drive to investigate our severe porpoising and advise
• Hoses, Belts etc..
• Check Norcold Recalls are in place and service Norcold
• Seal coach up. Inspect and repair slide seals as needed

Things we want to do:
• Replace existing Radio/GPS unit
• Upgrade Backup camera (maybe add side cameras?)
• Upgrade Video system
• Install Satellite system (already wired for it but old system was removed before purchase)
• Upgrade TV’s (Get rid of that head banging box above driver…Doh! Ouch!)
• Remove pedestal that fold out couch sits on now, not sure why its there but have seen pictures of the same coach without it.
• Take care of the white streaks. Thinking of Bus-Kote for the roof (have a thread started on that in Country Coach forum)
• Install automatic fire suppression system in engine compartment (already purchased)

• Install automatic fire suppression system in Norcold compartment
• Install new smoke detectors
• Check propane leak sensor. (Are they changed out like Carbon Dioxide and smoke detectors?)

Anymore things we might add to the list? Main thing is to make sure the coach is safe put back into good shape so we get many years in it.

Thanks for reading,
Greg
40' Tag Axle Quad slide CCI #11811
16 Jeep Wrangler, Airforce One
gnvrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2019, 12:42 PM   #2

That's a pretty good hit list. If never replaced, I would put new shocks on. Will make a big difference in the ride.

I would also push getting the headbanger TV out asap. On the trip home after buying our coach, my wife and I both nearly KO'd ourselves on the stupid thing. Took it out as soon as we got home!
Old 07-28-2019, 03:27 PM   #3

Do you have history on the last maintenance of the air cartridge? If not, get that rebuilt or replace, and depending upon where you RV, go to a 3-4 year cycle for replacement/rebuild. (Rebuild is just as good as replacement, as it was explained to me by Colton Trucks...).

Our 04 Allure, built Sept 03, did not have Transynd in it. So suggest you check to see you have a sticker in the engine area saying Transynd, or not.

While they have the upper radiator hose off for the Wax Valve, pop in a new Thermostat at the same time... And if OEM hose, heck it's off, so get a new one too... No extra labor, and you know what you have. (We replaced all our hoses at age 13, at the same time we shifted over to Final Charge coolant.)

Dave may be the tech doing the chassis work. If he is, ask him to take a good look at the Belt Tensioner, better to replace if questionable... (Suspect if it is Dave, he'd check it anyways!

Tell Jim Cooley, and the rest of the Premier gang - Hi! From Smitty. And watch out for that devil dawg Lion!!! And no looking at other coaches when waiting...

When you get this done, you should have a solid baseline for moving forward. That's always a good thing to do, and helps the local Oregon economy too!

Best to you,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:14 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Instead of installing fire suppression behind Norcold fridge, I would dump that Norcold and replace it with a nice residential fridge. You will never regret it.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Instead of installing fire suppression behind Norcold fridge, I would dump that Norcold and replace it with a nice residential fridge. You will never regret it.
X's 2! (Even if it is from a SOB, heck - not even a DP - RV owner!!!)

Hey SMLRANGER - Glad you keep your finger on the pulse of your former CC Bothers and Sisters... Hope the Fiver, and the new site, are treating you well...

Best to you, and all,
Smitty
Old 07-28-2019, 06:11 PM   #6
TR4

Quote:
Totally agree, put your money toward a good residential refrigerator. We just put in the Samsung RF18 after reading all the positive reviews. We should have done it sooner. Most of the campsites we stay at have no power and we’ve had no issues running the refrigerator off the batteries.

I would also have them check the dash A/C system, ride height and leveling system.

Bill
Old 07-29-2019, 05:22 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
X's 2! (Even if it is from a SOB, heck - not even a DP - RV owner!!!)

Hey SMLRANGER - Glad you keep your finger on the pulse of your former CC Bothers and Sisters... Hope the Fiver, and the new site, are treating you well...

Best to you, and all,
Smitty

Smitty, I have to check in periodically to make sure you are behavin' .

We are liking the new 5th wheel and loving the new permanent site. Nice storage building for my 'stuff' and room to park the golf car. Couple of shade trees, nice view of the action.

However, when I ride around the RV park (850 sites) on my bike or golf car, I always stop and talk to any CC owner I see. That's when I get that little tug on me......missing the Allure.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #8

Sorry OP!!!! Won't pretend this is related to your post in anyways - a complete HiJack!!

Like the paint job on that golf cart! (You know, I bet you could find a CC emblem to put on it!!!)

Glad the site is working out well for you, and the the GD Solitude too.

I thought of you while talking to a gent last year at the Park of the Sierras Escapee COOP. He has a Solitude, so asked him how he liked it. Well short answer was he loved it! But then he said he and his son cut a deal to buy two of them off the lot, and got a pretty good discount. His unit will be parked, as he does not even have a truck to pull it. But his son's unit will be traveled in. So part of the negotiations include his son adding disc brakes, MorRyde (And I think he said something about an electric pin box), electric reel, and larger inverter.

They were working the same kind of deal on Montana (Not sure what model.), and his son kept coming back to what he and his wife considered newer/fresher designed interiors. Both he and his son though the GD Solitude was a bit better built. He said the only item his wife did not like, was no day shades... So he spend some coin and had a local RV Tech that works in the park replace his shades in the living area with Day & Night shades.

This gent also said he'd been looking at DRV that was I think 5 years old, that the gent was asking more for then what they got the Solitudes for. He said he thought the DRV (Mobile Suites?) would have been a fine Fiver to live in, as it was a bit bigger - but after 5 years of full-time living, he could see the person selling it had not taken as good of care of it as he did his gear. And this was a person in Yuma, so the AC's had had 5 or so years of heavy usage.

He said they had no regrets!!!! Both of them are having a blast. The son and DIL came into the park for a visit while we were their. And they've add lithium and solar, and communication gear too... Very pleased with the way it pulls.

His summary was that the Solitude is for sure not the best fiver out there - but with the mod's they've made, he feels they got a great bang for the buck - and like the looks of the exterior, and his wife is very pleased with the what she calls the more modern interior design...

You guys enjoy those chairs, looks like a great site!!!

Best to you!

OK OP - We now return to your 'small list' of punch items...
Smitty
Old 07-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiedad View Post
That's a pretty good hit list. If never replaced, I would put new shocks on. Will make a big difference in the ride.

I would also push getting the headbanger TV out asap. On the trip home after buying our coach, my wife and I both nearly KO'd ourselves on the stupid thing. Took it out as soon as we got home!

Speaking of shocks Premier called us and said there were no rear shocks on the coach!!!!
We asked the dealer about the porpoising and they said they couldnt replicate it.....yeah right
So yup new shocks on rear anyway at this time

We understand about the head banger. The DW is not tall and I thought she was gonna break out the chain saw
Old 07-29-2019, 11:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Do you have history on the last maintenance of the air cartridge? If not, get that rebuilt or replace, and depending upon where you RV, go to a 3-4 year cycle for replacement/rebuild. (Rebuild is just as good as replacement, as it was explained to me by Colton Trucks...).

Our 04 Allure, built Sept 03, did not have Transynd in it. So suggest you check to see you have a sticker in the engine area saying Transynd, or not.

While they have the upper radiator hose off for the Wax Valve, pop in a new Thermostat at the same time... And if OEM hose, heck it's off, so get a new one too... No extra labor, and you know what you have. (We replaced all our hoses at age 13, at the same time we shifted over to Final Charge coolant.)

Dave may be the tech doing the chassis work. If he is, ask him to take a good look at the Belt Tensioner, better to replace if questionable... (Suspect if it is Dave, he'd check it anyways!

Tell Jim Cooley, and the rest of the Premier gang - Hi! From Smitty. And watch out for that devil dawg Lion!!! And no looking at other coaches when waiting...

When you get this done, you should have a solid baseline for moving forward. That's always a good thing to do, and helps the local Oregon economy too!

Best to you,
Smitty

Forgot about the air cartridge will give Premier a call.
I requested a radiator service I would hope they changed the thermostat out will inquire
I asked to replace belts and hoses. Just so we know the age of what we have.
Will ask about the tensioner
Will pass on the howdy to the crew at Premier for you Smitty..thanks
Greg
Old 07-29-2019, 11:24 AM   #11

Quote:

We will add that to our list as we have heard good things about the RF18
Old 07-29-2019, 11:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Sorry OP!!!! Won't pretend this is related to your post in anyways - a complete HiJack!!

Like the paint job on that golf cart! (You know, I bet you could find a CC emblem to put on it!!!)

Glad the site is working out well for you, and the the GD Solitude too.

I thought of you while talking to a gent last year at the Park of the Sierras Escapee COOP. He has a Solitude, so asked him how he liked it. Well short answer was he loved it! But then he said he and his son cut a deal to buy two of them off the lot, and got a pretty good discount. His unit will be parked, as he does not even have a truck to pull it. But his son's unit will be traveled in. So part of the negotiations include his son adding disc brakes, MorRyde (And I think he said something about an electric pin box), electric reel, and larger inverter.

They were working the same kind of deal on Montana (Not sure what model.), and his son kept coming back to what he and his wife considered newer/fresher designed interiors. Both he and his son though the GD Solitude was a bit better built. He said the only item his wife did not like, was no day shades... So he spend some coin and had a local RV Tech that works in the park replace his shades in the living area with Day & Night shades.

This gent also said he'd been looking at DRV that was I think 5 years old, that the gent was asking more for then what they got the Solitudes for. He said he thought the DRV (Mobile Suites?) would have been a fine Fiver to live in, as it was a bit bigger - but after 5 years of full-time living, he could see the person selling it had not taken as good of care of it as he did his gear. And this was a person in Yuma, so the AC's had had 5 or so years of heavy usage.

He said they had no regrets!!!! Both of them are having a blast. The son and DIL came into the park for a visit while we were their. And they've add lithium and solar, and communication gear too... Very pleased with the way it pulls.

His summary was that the Solitude is for sure not the best fiver out there - but with the mod's they've made, he feels they got a great bang for the buck - and like the looks of the exterior, and his wife is very pleased with the what she calls the more modern interior design...

You guys enjoy those chairs, looks like a great site!!!

Best to you!

OK OP - We now return to your 'small list' of punch items...
Smitty

Smitty LMAO
This is what makes this site so good is the camaraderie and knowledge that is shared here.
Greg