RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #1

Fuel line for 03 Allure

I have an 03 32' Allure, with the hurricane heat system. Anybody have a diagram of how the fuel line runs from the heater to the fuel tank. I've replaced air compressor, fuel pump, and most everything except the fuel line. Heater still flames out on a regular bases. ITR says is most likely an air leak in the fuel line. So now looking to replace. Looking for pointers. Thks. Bill

aksafariman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2020, 10:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksafariman View Post
I have an 03 32' Allure, with the hurricane heat system. Anybody have a diagram of how the fuel line runs from the heater to the fuel tank. I've replaced air compressor, fuel pump, and most everything except the fuel line. Heater still flames out on a regular bases. ITR says is most likely an air leak in the fuel line. So now looking to replace. Looking for pointers. Thks. Bill
Bill, I had an 02 Magna with that heater. I had a problem with it flaming out as well as the generator would only run 15 minutes or so. I went through replacing the fuel pump and other parts myself. Finallly, I was told that CC used regular fuel hose when they should have used marine grade. I had failure of both the line to the hurricane and to my generator. I had a shop replace both lines all the way to the unit. They told me that it was an immense job as the lines ran though a tube with other items and every three feet or so they pumped the tube full of silicone. Good luck!

Markbirdnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:02 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I was having the same problem. With my luck, I knocked the exhaust to the Hurricane off as I was coming out of Mexico. When I looked at the old system, the muffler dumped out a ton of rusted particles some were pretty big chuncks. After replacing the exhaust piping and muffler, it has run fine ever since.

My thoughts on this is that a restricted exhaust was the problem. My fuel lines are the original ones installed in Aug '01.

Before the expense of running new fuel lines, I would try removing the muffler.

One other thing I have been thinking about is why not run a fuel line from the filter area instead of drawing fuel the length of the coach.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:08 PM   #4

Fuel line for 03 Allure

Thanks for the input . Not sure I am pleased with what I have read. Every bit of info is a help though.

Thks again,

Bill
Old 05-11-2020, 05:43 PM   #5

My understanding is that all of the rubber like fuel lines used in most 2004, some 2005, coaches - were impacted by the shift to ULSD. The ULSD mixture did not play well with the fuel line materials, and resulted in porosity pin holes. This can sometimes show up as a performance related problem. And more importantly, leaking fuel has resulted in fires for both DP's and Boats. (Same kind of problem on the gasket materials on the ISC and ISL Lift Pumps, not playing well with the ULSD.).

We preventatively replaced our Generator and Hydro Hot fuel lines with Gates Barricade. Though almost any reputable auto place will now have fuel lines that have been adjusted to play well with ULSD. NAPA for example...

May not be your problem now. But good idea to swap these lines out before the become a problem... (Helped a gent look at an Alpine coach about two years ago. It had been in inside storage for about 18 months before we looked at it. As we got close to the coach, we could both smell the diesel odor. Turned out it was the fuel line to the generator... He ended up buying the 36' Alpine, one of the earlier WRV's Mid Entry Doors - and it has served him well!).

Good luck on your coach, and hope it is something easy!
Smitty
Old 05-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #6

Can you just get a piece of hose a 5gal can of diesel and let it run like that and see what happens
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:58 PM   #7
TR4

I also had to replace my fuel lines to generator and Hurricane heater using the same hose that Smitty recommended. The fuel line to the heater runs between the frame rails. There was no way I could get to the connections at the fuel tank without cutting an access hole between the frame rails (front cargo hold wall, next to tank).

Bill
Old 05-11-2020, 10:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I was having the same problem. With my luck, I knocked the exhaust to the Hurricane off as I was coming out of Mexico. When I looked at the old system, the muffler dumped out a ton of rusted particles some were pretty big chuncks. After replacing the exhaust piping and muffler, it has run fine ever since.

My thoughts on this is that a restricted exhaust was the problem. My fuel lines are the original ones installed in Aug '01.

Before the expense of running new fuel lines, I would try removing the muffler.

One other thing I have been thinking about is why not run a fuel line from the filter area instead of drawing fuel the length of the coach.
Don, can you give me a source, item number for the muffler?
Old 05-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #9

I put a small inline clear filter in front of the existing filter. I is one of the small clear ones. It only fills up about halfway but it has stopped my flame out problems and since it is clear you can see how dirty it is getting and inexpensive
(About $3.00) to change out twice a year.

Good luck on your problem
lbfrombigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:33 AM   #10

03 Allure Fuel Line

For Rich regard source for muffler parts.

Rich you might try Rixen.com, Jim is one of the early developers on the Hurricane heater, he does have/sell parts. Also ITR in Vancouver still handles many of the parts for the Hurricane. One of them should be able to assist.

Bill
03 Allure 32'
Old 05-13-2020, 04:00 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Rich, I don't have a part number for the muffler but it did come from Rixen. There are two versions, one regular steel and one stainless. Mine is the stainless and the cost was 100 bucks. They are actually a marine item so just like aircraft parts, they cost twice as much as auto parts.

If i would have had time, I would have gone to a auto parts house with the muffler and asked for one the same size. Nothing special about the muffler from Rixen other than the price.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:11 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksafariman View Post
I did this in 2016, a heck of a job.

Two 25' Gates Barricade 1/4" hoses went through the central channel above the storage bins, bulkhead then landed on to the top of the fuel tank.

If you ask any RV or chassis shops, you'd likely hear that the tank has to be dropped. I am aware that someone cut a hole on the floor right above the tank. I also heard someone cut a hole on the bulkhead...

But I didn't. I made a few tools to pull the old hoses off the ports, plug on the new hoses and clamp them down through the gap between the rails in the back of the propane tank. Patience and perseverance is the key.

CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel